It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got sick eating clams bro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm down in the Gulf right now, I'm taking wifey for a vacation and we ate some seafood last night . Dude shucked it with no prob, so I ate the mofo's with no prob.

Now I feel uneasy

BTW, I meant oysters, not clams

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Did you eat them raw or cooked?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OP, uneasy or sick?

I could easily see "uneasy" due to concern of contamination.

I can also easily see sick if you ate them raw.

What I can't see is contaminated food making it's way to your table.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
I'm down in the Gulf right now, I'm taking wifey for a vacation and we ate some seafood last night . Dude shucked it with no prob, so I ate the mofo's with no prob.

Now I feel uneasy

BTW, I meant oysters, not clams

Don't eat any more clams,

Hope you feel better.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

What I can't see is contaminated food making it's way to your table.

It was a blues off the beaten path Juke Joint in NO.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Have you eaten oysters without problems before?

I generally have a stomach of steel, have only puked 4 times in over 20 years. One of those times was after a round of thoroughly-cooked oysters. I've never had a problem with seafood or even shellfish before, but the oysters just don't sit well. I experienced a couple hours of being "off" then about an hour straight of sweating and vomiting, despite the fact that I have eaten oysters before. I believe it had something to do with the amount I had eaten.

Hope its nothing corexit or oil related, but just rest easy and lay off the oysters.

Good luck, braaaaaaah

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

So was it in your intentions to see if you would get sick by eating gulf oysters?
Jus wundern

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i know your probably trying to support the people of the gulf but why would you eat it's seafood? i wouldn't touch it till i see Obama munching into it after all he's the dude that said it was safe. are you sick or just having the afterthought of maybe that wasn't such a good idea?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The sickest I have ever been was after eating seafood. Sweating. Vomiting and diarrhea, that honest injun' smelled exactly alike! (and they were both green)

I had chills and the shakes, stomach cramps, and ended up with my heart fluttering and skipping beats.

I believe it was food poisoning. The seafood was cooked, but who knows if it was cooked well enough.

Who knows what you might have gotten a hold of with the area you were in, but it was probably food-borne bacteria.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Uncooked shellfish may contain disease-causing bacteria, viruses or parasites. Raw oysters, clams and other shellfish pose a particular risk since they are filter feeders - straining tiny particles from the seawater for food. If the seawater contains disease-causing microorganisms, these accumulate in the shellfish. The Norwalk virus, which causes intestinal illness in humans, is often associated with eating raw oysters and clams. For this reason, it is important to get raw shellfish from a reliable source, or ensure that your shellfish is cooked thoroughly. Oysters are particularly touchy....even in the best conditions. I live in New Orleans.....I don't think I would eat them till the "coast is clear"....pun intended.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, oysters are filter feeders, and all that petro and corexit had to go somewhere. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
The sickest I have ever been was after eating seafood. Sweating. Vomiting and diarrhea, that honest injun' smelled exactly alike! (and they were both green)

I had chills and the shakes, stomach cramps, and ended up with my heart fluttering and skipping beats.

I believe it was food poisoning. The seafood was cooked, but who knows if it was cooked well enough.

Who knows what you might have gotten a hold of with the area you were in, but it was probably food-borne bacteria.

First part of your post.....too much info LOL!
But seriously.....you are right....sounds like bacteria more than oil. But I am still not ready to eat it.....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Do NOT touch any seafood in any shape or form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i said shellfish makes you smart.

betcha won't eat anymore?

well at least you're well enough to tell us about it!

the sickest i ever got was from a place called "marciano's" in ohio i think.
rocky's place. i wished i was dead. lol, my bro was fine!

but food poisoning is hard to trace since it can take up to 48 hrs to manifest.

eat some yoghurt and take fluids.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i said shellfish makes you smart.

eat some yoghurt and take fluids.

Fluids?

I feel like a fluid machine right about now

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It looks like someone pulled your thread off the main page
Hmmm wonder why

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Wow I hope you feel better soon.....

Are you still in New Orleans? If so, go check out the aquarium.....it's like what the gulf looked like before BP:bnghd: No really....you should, it's beautiful!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Hmmm wonder why

Probably because food poisoning isn't a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Some food poisoning can even take weeks to manifest. (I used to work for the local health dept) so those are rarely caught.

But the majority show up in about 3 hours. Any more then that and it is something else.

There are major stomache bugs going around this summer. It may not even be something you ate.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Hmmm wonder why

Probably because food poisoning isn't a conspiracy.
Well givin the severity of this gulf thing and fishermen now pulling up crab with oil in their lungs,. I'd say this is a serious concern. and if mouse trap really stays sick,.. Yeah i't a conspiracy. and the fact that this was pulled from the main page says somebody wants to keep this outta the sight of all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join