It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Nibiru ???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by discobiskit
reply to post by misterglad

so it is in the original then nghunter said it was not.... Cool

Yes it appears you did find a new "anomaly," this one being a plane. If you had just told me the coordinates at the start of the thread I could have pulled up the original. For the life of me I cannot make out the numbers in your video.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

no i agree u can`t make out the numbers but there is a speach text box in the video at the point i am typing the coordinates which gives the coordinates for everyone to see.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by discobiskit

Ok, that didn't appear in my viewer, perhaps because I was watching it on my phone. I apologize for the "software barrier."

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have to hand it to the OP for being observant and more so to Phage and ngchunter in determining the source of this artifact in the image. That was fast work. Bravo.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

"Bingo, I found our perpetrator. It was a very local light source; a plane"

so you think this is the image is caused by a plane? as in aeroplane?? u are kidding right??? sorry i just laughed so loud my girlfriend just punched me haha.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hi There.

I'm new on this forum. Been a reader of this great site for many years. I just want to say that I looked up the coordinates on Google Earths sky function with the numbers from the video of "Nibiru": 06 08 55 22 47 21

This is what i found:

www.postimage.org...

Zooming out again and up to the right, there's similar "stains" on the picture, so my guess is that it's not "Nibiru" or some kind of other space thing - it's just stains on the lens, or plate or whatever...

www.postimage.org...

23.384368° -88.421911°

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

For someone who understands so little about these matters you sure are quick to dismiss a well thought out analysis.

How much experience do you have with astronomy and astronomical instruments and image analysis? Zero.

It's an out of focus blob. That I could tell from the image. You can see stars through it.

I think the problem here is that ngchunter's and phage's explanation of the image issues was too technical to understand.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickey4700

"it's just stains on the lens, or plate or whatever..."

How can this be? when the original sky survey images were taken decades before the microsoft google ones and the image still shows up on there ??? also this applies to the Plane comment made earlier.

unless the same plane maybe flew exactly the same time as the last on decades later?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by discobiskit]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Microsoft and Google both use the original sky survey images (as provided by DSS, the Digital Sky Survey consortium). They are not real time images.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

"Bingo, I found our perpetrator. It was a very local light source; a plane"

so you think this is the image is caused by a plane? as in aeroplane?? u are kidding right??? sorry i just laughed so loud my girlfriend just punched me haha.

Yes, it appears to be an airplane streak in a long exposure image with a red filter. Are you familiar with what airplane streaks look like in long exposure images, let alone when viewed through a telescope? I am. Once I saw the full picture it became plainly obvious what was causing it (no pun intended). Do you know what an airplane should look like through a telescope during a long exposure? If you think you know better than I do, then by all means, let's hear your description of how it should appear.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i do know they arent real time images it`s just ncghunter clearly stated to me that when i asked..

was the sky survey data taken the same time as the data microsoft used?

he replied...
Perhaps you misunderstood; this sky survey data is decades old. It was not taken at the same time as either microsoft WWT or google sky.

so again how can this be the image of a plane if data was taken decades apart from each other????

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Just a friendly hint...you already know how to copy/paste.

Now, use the

selected text
to make it attributable to the person you are quoting!!

~~~~

To see how that gray quote box was 'tagged', you can use the 'quote' button to see my original post "AS IS". Then to exit, just hit your "BACK" button on the browser....

OR (and this is a better suggestion, once I thought about it)...

This Thread Right Here explains in detail, and might be very helpful...

[edit on 4 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

quote : If you think you know better than I do, then by all means, let's hear your description of how it should appear. quote:

Lol i would dream of saying i know better than anyone on here but it was you who clearly stated to me that the data from the original sky survey was decades older than the one google and microsoft used so how can the same image be in them if indeed it was a plane???

see my point?

*sorry i didn`t get the quote thing right* ooops will try again lol

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

was the sky survey data taken the same time as the data microsoft used?

The sky survey data IS the data microsoft used.

he replied...
Perhaps you misunderstood; this sky survey data is decades old. It was not taken at the same time as either microsoft WWT or google sky.

You misunderstand; the sky survey data used by both WWT and google sky is decades old, it was not taken at the same time as when either of these programs were created. These programs are just showing stitched mosaics of various sky surveys that were already in existence.

so again how can this be the image of a plane if data was taken decades apart from each other????

It's all the same data. The stsci link takes you directly to the source images used by both programs for their visible light views.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Lol i would dream of saying i know better than anyone on here but it was you who clearly stated to me that the data from the original sky survey was decades older than the one google and microsoft used so how can the same image be in them if indeed it was a plane???

You're still holding on to the misconception that google sky and WWT use new sky survey data made by one or both of the companies. They don't. They're using the sky survey data that is decades old, it all comes from the same source which is why I was trying to get to the original images. The original images are much higher quality and are free of any errors introduced by google or microsoft. No one should rely on google sky or WWT, always go back to the original source of the data, in this case, the digitized sky survey.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You can see that the images are credited to the DSS Consortium on both the WWT and Google Sky. Some of the images in both programs come from the newer SDSS but most come from the older DSS images.

Your "Nibiru" is from the decades old DSS images. It appears in only one plate (the red filter) taken at that time. It is not an object in space.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godz Enigma
That's very interesting!! Kudo's for doing your OWN research and not just drinking the kool-aid handed to you by those who wish people would just curl up and stay asleep.

I think you should post it everywhere anyhow, and get ALL of the feedback you can from ALL sources....why would you wait to get people's opinion's on HERE before you move forward with this? Lead, do not FOLLOW.

Good Luck! You've now peaked my interest, and gonna do my own reading on this planet!

Sounds like your chugging down that kool-aid Godz Enigma! You're already calling this anomaly a planet before you have done any research whatsoever. So much for your 'lead, do not follow' comment. You also ask the Op to listen to no one here, yet get all the feedback he/she can from all sources. Let me guess... he should only listen to feedback that confirms this is Nibiru. Am I right? Way to deny ignorance Godz Enigma!

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i`m interested in any input positive or negative ... some very interesting stuff pointed out thanks :-)

Does look like Nibiru though doesn`t it (if you go off other apparent images of it)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I gotta wonder,
where is the guy that claimed to be on the south pole taking pics of the incoming Nibiru?
Shhhh is was trying to keep that quiet

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
it is difficult for me to imagine someone (especially young) discovering a planet via their computer by examining data acquired and studied by thousands of proffesionals before them. but, congradulations, maybe you proved the academic and proffesional system is bunk compaired to what is available at your fingertips.

don't believe everything you see on the computer. including this post.

ats is fun,
et

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join