It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans want review of birthright citizenship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Republicans want review of birthright citizenship

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Leading Republicans are joining a push to reconsider the constitutional amendment that grants automatic citizenship to people born in the United States.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said Tuesday he supports holding hearings on the 14th Amendment right, although he emphasized that Washington's immigration focus should remain on border security.

His comments came as other Republicans in recent days have questioned or challenged birthright citizenship, embracing a cause that had largely been confined to the far right.

The senators include Arizona'
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.free-times.com
www.postandcourier.com

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was watching Lindsey Graham this mornign on the television and he was making sense about the fact that pregnant illegal women come here just for the sole purpose for their child to be born in the United States.

For no other reason at all to come here than to have their children born here because of a Constitutional Amendment should be the wake-up call for our elected officials to do something about the illegal immigration issue.

We're 90 days away from midterm elections and how our US Representatives and Senators deal with this issue will determine if they'll keep their seats in Congress.

While jobs is a major concern of most all Americans, illegal immigration is in the forefront of serious issues that this nation is facing and our Congressmen better wake up or they can join the lines of the unemployed after elections in November.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
As a US citizen who is a child of immigrants and who is a citizen as a result of being the first member of my family to be born in this country, I find this repugnant and terrifying.

If this ever got any momentum, how would the rules apply? If you were born here to immigrant parents, would you be striped of citizenship and have to reapply? what if your parents are not citizens, but permanent residents with green cards?

Where does it begin and where does it end? This is ridiculous protectionism. And anyway, when is the last time you saw anyone apply for a job occupied by immigrants (illegal or not)? Who wants to bus tables, work at car-washes, mow the lawns of rich people? I'm sorry, but this immigration issue is a contrived effort to distract to easily distractable from the fact that the government is doing NOTHING to solve the economic problems in this country while making their buddies in the banks wealthier and wealthier!.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The 14th Amendment is another Fraud foisted upon Americans.

Dyett v. Turner — Utah Supreme Court — 1968

"it is appropriate to look at the means and methods by which that amendment was foisted upon the Nation in times of emotional stress."

www.freedomformula.us...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just seal up the southern border. Problem solved.

If you continue to allow millions to come over illegally and allow all their children to become citizens our country will continue to go bankrupt.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How about these dumb asses focus on the problems we already have and stop looking for new things to work on?

We have issues with infrastructure, for example, that will make the country unsuitable for transportation within 20 years.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
protectionism isnt stupid or anything its about keeping what little we have left.

it is a fact illegals are a huge drain on every single working american.

cause the simple fact WE DONT HAVE ANYWHERE ELSE TO RUN TO

like they can.

for me it is about the money because the more money liberals give them they take away from someone else whosed lived here all their lives and HAVE OBEYED all the laws.

and when they run out of money which they are THEY WILL RAISE YOUR TAXES.

and that affects every single working person here.
i dont see the logic ofpro illegals at all

[edit on 4-8-2010 by neo96]

new topics

top topics

join