It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doomsayers: Why is this date different to the thousands of failed doomsday dates?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Maybe money could be made having a web site that claims to count cow farts, distance to Nibiru, and all of the other stupid stuff attributed to 2012. There could be all sorts of fake graphs showing a countdown to whatever. Then on the day after you could have a web page calling everyone scared by graphs a nut. I bet a site like that could get all sorts of hits. It could be awesome.

What about NibiruShock.com?

How many people could be sucked into going there day after day watching fake pie charts, graphs, bar graphs made of skulls and flames, all building up to the end?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The Ancients knew a lot about space and the stars than we do not know today

Which is why they thought that the sky was a crystal dome called the firmament separating the Earth and waters beneath from the "waters of heaven". These bright objects called Planets, meaning Wanderer, moved from place to place across the firmament.

Of course they did have fairly accurate measurements of how everything moved in the heavens but they needed that, it helped with planting crops and keeping track of time as well as navigation. So keeping track of the heavens was important to their livelihood.

All of this has very little, if any, bearing on some Doomsday date used by pseudoscientists to con people out of their money.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Are you assuming that all the people that are looking for Nibiru and 2012 related events are that gullible to believe fake graphs? There is a lot of very intelligent people crunching numbers that are putting all kinds of time into this.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Don't forget the president's last year of a full term ends on 2012.

It will really be hell if Obama gets re-elected. I have a feeling he will sadly.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Latest Mayan Elder states that the ancestors will return. My belief is that the Anunnaki are those ancestors. There is going to be an awekening of sorts is what I believe what will happen. mass destruction for mankind is a plus. sorry I just lost hope in mankind. Just look at current events and tell me I am wrong?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

stereo was placed here to debunk any knowledge of Nibiru or 2012. I believe he either works for ATS or the government. Why I say this is because he was on a vacation for 2 weeks and it was dead here. Plus all the attacks on people who actually place thought behind this 2012 fiasco was at a minimal while he was gone.

SOmetimes he can be alright and sometimes well he can get annoying...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
And the charter for the Fed ends on Dec 21 2012, that too, is just a coincidence. Surely the writers of that contract had no knowledge of such a date of importance.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Call me crazy,but i am feeling very nervous about this date,it would be different if just one culture named that date as end of times,but many have forseen that date as when the end is here,but i hope they are proven wrong as in the past

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It should not be about the date! Please understand that an event of such scale could not just happen over night, it is a process! We are in the midst of a huge change as we speak! Look around!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
even some of my sources say don't believe to much of 2012 as a date. I agree with them. 2012 is just a facade of sorts. 2012 could be the 'awakening' I mentioned in one post after we realize how f~~kd we are.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The Old Testament prophet Ezekiel said that the generation that sees Israel return to the land will be the last. So for the end of this earth age that would be one of the necessary events. Israel was created on May 14, 1948. In the book of Psalms it says that a generation is 70 years. 7 and 70 are also Biblically important numbers in that they represent completeness. Also Zecheriah 1:12 says that God's indignation with Israel ends after 70 years.

Taken literally starting from May 1948 + 70 = May 2018. But, you have to come back 7 years for the treaty of Daniel 9:27 confirmed by the antichrist. The parts of the treaty are in Revelation 11:1-2. Israel gets the right to build their temple, but Palestine will be recognized as a nation-state with Jerusalem as its capital. This is the two-state solution that every President has laboured to accomplish, but has failed. This task is saved for the antichrist and when God's land is divided the last 7 years of history as we have known it will start.

In May 2009 Obama hosted Mahmoud Abbas, the President of the Palestinian Authority. He publicly promised Abbas that within 2 years Palestine would be a nation. That would be May 2011, right where we would expect to see it if the 70 year generation starting at 1948 is correct. Around the last week of July the PLO was allowed to fly their flag above their offices in Washington DC so things are moving fast in that direction.

So there will be an event called the rapture that precedes this treaty. The rapture is when the Holy Spirit is removed from the earth and all who have been saved through Jesus Christ go with him - 2 Thessalonians 2:6-9. During the 7 year Tribulation the wars, earthquakes, diseases, floods, tsunamis, etc will be the worst of all human history. A one world govt will come up, a one world religion, and a one world cashless system called the BEAST. At this point it looks like RFID chips will be implanted to take the place of IDs and cash. The Bible warns that to take the BEASTs mark is forsaking God and you lose your soul and cannot go to heaven.

There are many great sources for more info but alohabibleprophecy on youtube is a great source. So is www.prophecyinthenews.com and www.hallindsey.com and www.khouse.org. Time is short.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

They aren't wrong, they just haven't studied very carefully and make wild guesses as to what is happening. Go to youtube and look up "alohabibleprophecy". That is Pastor JD from Calvary Chapel Hawaii and I have watched him for about 2 years. He is very humble and I have found him to never contradict the Bible (however he still believes that 9/11 was done by terrorists which gets under my nerves).

Other good sources are www.hallindesy.com and www.prophecyinthenews.com.

The Bible says the generation that sees Israel return will be the last and that happened in 1948. Read Luke ch21 for end time signs. Read the book of Daniel (about 14 pages) for the political situation of the end times. Most of Daniel is very straight forward.

I can prove that when Palestine becomes a nation it starts the last 7 years of human history before Christ returns. Obama promised Mahmoud Abbas that by May 2011 Palestine would be a nation. I think we will see a nuclear war in Syria very soon and the opposition to Israel will force them to give up Jerusalem, which Obama has been calling "occupied terrority".

People that know that we are heading to a one world govt call each other "awake" but until they realize that everything is happening is in the Bible and that the God of the Bible and Jesus and the Holy spirit are real they are still asleep.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Of course they are that gullible. I an often astonished by how gullible people are about 2012. Not only that, but I believe they are also very close minded in many cases as they shut out hard evidence that refutes the 2012 claims.

I am not saying this is 100%. This is my experience as I see people claim time and time and time again that there is a planet on its way her that has a 3600 elliptical orbit, that rapid pole shifts happen, that the Mayans had prophecies associated with the end of the Mayan calendar (the Haab), that earthquakes are more common, that fireballs are more common, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I don't know about that dragnet53. People vote their wallets. People are out of jobs or they are getting less pay or they are just fearful that the economic situation is bleak they will vote against the president. It is not necessarily a vote for the other candidate, but they vote against politics they blame for their troubles.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Interesting observations, but bad conclusions. I was not on vacation for 2 weeks. I do not mind being a disinfo officer. I will not address the issue of whether or not I work for the government, but I affirm that I am not employed by ATS. Do not hold back thinking that I am employed by, associate with, or know anyone that has a monetary or other direct interest in ATS. It would not be fair to discussions were you to think that I have any associations with ATS.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Kyle43 can you find anything that shows this to be true? I have done a lot of searches and I can find no indication in the government documents of an expiration date. I believe this is a hoax. There is another thread discussing this issue and although I have repeatedly asked in the thread for confirmation of an expiration date no one has addressed the issue.

I am starting to side with the idea this is a hoax, but still looking for evidence of an expiration date for the Federal Reserve.

Federal Reserve Charter expires 12/21/2012!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitdiver5
So there will be an event called the rapture that precedes this treaty. The rapture is when the Holy Spirit is removed from the earth and all who have been saved through Jesus Christ go with him -

Ok

But what seperates that rapture from these other prophecised raptures?

Anabaptist prophet Melchior Hoffman's prediction for the year of Christ's Second Coming, to take place in Strasbourg. He claimed that 144,000 people would be saved, while the rest of the world would be consumed by fire

Michael Baxter (he's baaaack!) wrote a book entitled The End of This Age About the End of This Century in which predicted the Rapture taking place in 1896. According to Rev. Baxter, 144,000 true Christians were supposed to be summoned to Heaven during this year.

Once again, it's Michael Baxter. In his book Future Wonders of Prophecy, the Rapture was to take place on March 12, 1903 between 2pm and 3pm, and Armageddon was to take place on this day, which is after the Tribulation

J.B. Dimbleby calculated that the Millennium would begin in the spring of 1928, with the Rapture and Second coming taking place between 1889 and 1928. But the true end of the world, he claimed, wouldn't take pace until around the year 3000

Herbert W. Armstrong, founder of the Worldwide Church of God, told members of his church that the Rapture was to take place in 1936, and that only they would saved. After the prophecy failed, he changed he date three more times.

Herbert W. Armstrong's Rapture prediction #2.

Herbert W. Armstrong's Rapture prediction #3.

Herbert W. Armstrong's Rapture prediction #4.

The Rapture, as per end-time preacher Charles Taylor. This is the first in a long series of failed predictions.

Fundamentalist cult leader William Branham predicted that the Rapture would take place no later than 1977. Just before this, Los Angeles was to fall into the sea after an earthquake, the Vatican would achieve dictatorial powers over the world, and all of Christianity would become unified.

June 28, 1981

Rev. Bill Maupin, leader of a small Tuscon, AZ, sect named Lighthouse Gospel Tract Foundation, preached that the world would come to an end on this day, which they called "rapture day." Those who were saved would be "spirited aloft like helium balloons." Some 50 people gathered in a Millerite-like fashion, only to have their dreams predictably dashed.

The Rapture, according to TV prophet J.R. Church in hiss book Hidden Prophecies in the Psalms. He used a bizarre theory that each of the Psalms referred to a year in the 20th century (i.e. Psalm 1 represents the events in 1901, etc.), to arrive at this conclusion.

Edgar C. Whisenant lightened the wallets of many a believer with his best-selling book 88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Be in 1988. He predicted the Rapture between September 11 and 13 (Rosh Hashanah). After his prediction failed, he released another book: The Final Shout: Rapture Report 1989.

After Whisenant's prediction failed, he insisted that the Rapture would take place at 10:55 am on September 15.

In his 1968 book Guide to Survival, Salem Kirban used Bishop Ussher's calculations to conclude that 1989 would be the year of the Rapture

Ok, Im starting to get tired of posting the dates of failed rapture prophecies. There are hundreds more of them. I find it hilarious how you people keep holding onto the belief that this will occur.

No rapture

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
we aren't sure as to what will happen on 2012 or any other date but there is some thing we have all sensed. the world has changed and when i say it has changed, i mean it in a different sense. you may call me paranoid but somehow this world just doesn't seem real anymore. so why bother about the end of something which isn't even real?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vikki_nnd

It's not that it's not real, it is real in a sense, not your imagination playing tricks just that deep down in it's fibers it's more flexible than anyone can imagine. 2012 I don't know, but I can feel something as each day passes, something is changing and it's like you get things easier in your head, start to see and connect stuff out of nowhere by just looking at something.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Well said, its been about a year since I started really realizing "hey, this is really happening". Everyday since then I feel like something has happened that is just preparing me even more. I'm not nervous, more like anxious to really get this ball rolling.

If anything, 2012, please bring a PERSONAL SPACE SHIP!!! Please, I want to see Earth with MY EYES!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join