It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can be arrested if the cops see you holding a phone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

After all, cell-phone guns have become the latest rage in the criminal underworld; everyday occurrences that threaten officers at every turn.

At least according to Delaware County Sheriff Walter L. Davis III:

In a statement, Delaware County Sheriff Walter L. Davis III said that cell-phone guns are an example of everyday items that have been altered into deceptive weapons that endanger the safety of officers and the public.

Cops justify arrest, could have been a cell-phone gun.

It's not a far leap from being arrested for having something that could potentially be a gun to being shot to death for having something that could potentially be a gun.

Used to be at least the thing you were holding had to look like a gun or at the very least the light had to be really bad and you had to be black. Now anything remotely rectangular is cause to be shot to death by cops.

That's ice cream cone could have been a gun. That old womans cane could have been a gun.

We're all threats to the cops and they'll kill us whenever they feel like it.

Besides that the article mentions several other rights violations by the cops.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
From the article:

Claim: Police have discovered guns disguised as cell phones.

But the police probably invented these so they'd have an excuse to shoot people with cell phones.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sorry i have never heard of a Cell Phone gun... i`m in the u.k guns aren`t common knowlege to me :-) but i`m suprised they didn`t shoot the girl with the phone if that is the case.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Conceded in the article. Also conceded is that they have never been seen stateside.

Still, anyone with a phone can be killed in self defense, right?

Or a cane.

Or a flashlight.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I know. I saw it in the article...that's why I looked and posted it for you. To help with the thread. Sorry. I edited my post to reflect that it was from the article.

The police have no way of knowing when these might "make it" to the States. Point being, they could be out there. There's always a first time.

I do admit it might be a stretch for them to be using this as a reason in this particular incident, but you never know.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have a 12 ga laptop and a laser light sword. i can spit toothpicks into eyeballs from 20 yds. my sweat is toxic..i have a cloaking device and kung fu grip.. my whole body's a weapon andy.
Where is it ever going to end? g-20 girl threatened with arrest over blowing bubbles.
taser's new 12 ga rd/new light ,sound ,microwave "crowd control munitions"...
We are are photographed / under surveillance more often than not anymore.
everything requires permits/fees.. you can be picked up for anything they make up.
Whats next will be like the movie "Brazil/1984/Soylent Green"
the new NSA building is 6,000,000 sq feet with 112 acres of parking.
LAND OF THE FEE-HOME OF THE SLAVE.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
LOL

See even if you ban guns now they can create cell phone guns to kill someone.

I laugh at people who want guns banned.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
people will continue to hide guns until every object- even a banana- 'could be' a gun. heaven forbid someone would actually need to protect theselves.........from the police.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
well they shot Sean bell 50 odd times for having a hairbrush so i guess anythings possible. with a bit of engineering know how you could make a gun out of all sorts of items its a kind off flawed logic and it's only going to end in tears. don't the CIA use things of this nature, there is a pdf called CIA concealable weapons and I'm sure the cell phone gun was in that along with allot of other crazy hidden weapons. whats next ban pen's in schools because someone could have a pen gun? the world gets crazier every day!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think this would be a judgment call.

If you're truly innocent, put the "phone" down. So many of these situations can be avoided if people would just comply.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranced665

only thing complying gets you a prison sentence on truped up charges or even worse beaten

in extream cases if an entire country complys you my have but an other holocuast.
beastie boys said it best" you gotta fight for your right to paaaarty":
-jplaysguitar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
People use cell phones to video / photograph police abuses... so now they cook up a reason to arrest people holding mobile phones - just to get the point made that they will not tolerate having their actions recorded.

Anyone holding a cell phone is a target. Anyone pointing a cell phone in their direction could end up on a slab, and the kill would be justified!

Next thing, they'll be displaying the compact camera, DSLR and Video Camera guns too.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I'm waiting for the Pocket Constitution gun myself.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Britguy

I'm waiting for the Pocket Constitution gun myself.

Combined gun AND Constitution?

Man, you really are treading on thin ice there, that's gotta get you automatic Guantanamo rendering as a domestic terrorist!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I would have thought a 'touchscreen' one would be more effective, perhaps a little like a mini machine gun. You could drag your finger across the touchscreen and fire a volley before anyone could say your nicked !!!

In reality most things, objects can be used as a weapon. Yhe fact is this is a new one on me and if i was a policeman who was a little unsure then I'd be proactive as oppossed to reactive or dead !

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Surely this same justification does not extend to us law-abiding citizens?

Couple of officers scared the hell out of my parents when they were searching their property for the suspect in a gas station robbery whose getaway car had been parked on their block.

Middle of the night, two guys walking around the house with flashlights seems pretty suspicious, they might have guns on them.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

The average citizen doesnt get anywhere neat eh BS room cops get. They can run through town shooting everyones pets claiming they "felt threatened". We can't do anything of the sort.

Hell, I bet a cop could drive down the sidewalk mowing down dozens of women and children and get off without so much as a questioning glance if they "felt threatened" or were "actively investigating."

top topics

join