It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inquiry after ‘cloned’ bull enters food chain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
News from the Times today:

www.thetimes.co.uk...

An investigation has begun after beef from the offspring of a cloned cow illegally entered the food chain and was eaten, as The Food Standards Agency (FSA) admitted today that it was impossible to track embryos from clones imported into Britain

Does cloned meat really pose a threat to humans when consumed?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by chemistry]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I certainly hope they investigate this and make sure it doesnt happen again.

I posted this in breaking news as well:

News

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I do not think it is about the "harmful" effects of the cloned meat that is the problem.

It is the fact that the cloned meat was intentionally* put into our food chain to see how the people would react. Typical British we have barely kicked up a fuss which means that the Food Standards Agency (FSA) will take that as a mark of acceptance.

The next thing you will know is that a law is being passed to allow cloned beef in every supermarket you normally shop at. Next step is that animals are engineered for meat purposes only, brain dead and kept in cages (battery hens anyone?). This is a slippery slope and us Brits really should stop allowing this sort of thing to happen

* As with the Baxter live bird flu virus mix up I am pretty confident that any "cloned meat" would be kept far far away from normal meats when being slaughtered for this exact reason. Thus, I conclude that any such mix up was intentional just like with Baxter.

new topics

join