It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter I sent to Rep. Mike Rogers concerning Manning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You call for the death of a man who released documents, but do not look to punish actors within the documents. It is not acceptable to allow those whose poor decisions caused the death of men and women to run free, while someone who exposed these poor decisions is deemed a traitor. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are illegal by international standards and dare I say moral standards as well? These wars are waged on false pretenses (WMD’s and terrorist boogie mans) and if the congressman elected to represent and serve the people of the United States will not do just that, then there shall be more individuals just like Pvt. Bradley Manning. Being a Congressman is a privilege and a responsibility. Congressmen were not elected to be self-serving and line their own pockets while men and women die in countries YOU sent them to. Blood is not on Pvt. Bradley Manning’s hands, blood is on the hand of each and every congressman and president who sent our armed forces to fight wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Convicting Pvt. Bradley Manning of treason and executing him will not cover up your votes for these wars, your continued votes for funding these wars nor cover up how the men and women in the armed forces are used as a political bargaining chip to pass self-serving legislation. Pvt. Bradley Manning is not a traitor he is a patriot and a hero.

I mailed this letter to Rep. Mike Rogers for wishing the death of a hero.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Good on you for sending that. Please remember to post the form letter you get in reply.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I sent one too.

I had to erase the first one I wrote where I called him an idiot first thing.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I, too, had to erase somethings I had written out of pure emotion. I desired to strongly convey my point but these days the FBI will come running to your door with any hint of a threat toward a government official. I don't have any desire to be thrown into one of the men in black's vans and interrogated to their hearts content.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am amazed that an elected official would deem it appropriate to wish death upon any citizen of this country. Saying someone deserves to die if found guilty isn't withholding judgement, it is condeming someone who hasn't had a trial to death because of preconceived notions about the evidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thank you, hope more and more write in, and even phone in. This is a wonderful example.

new topics

top topics

join