It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Wanted For An Experiment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
363 these are my numbers. Have to say something else or my post will be too short.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
7-4-2

these numbers feel about right.

very interested in what type of results you will draw.. as well as finding out what the experiment really is

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
7, 7, 7
That's my magic number for the day

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hope this isn't an experiment to see how many people have nothing better to do than to sit around thinking of 3 numbers...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
517, my magic number...

or..

use this one

I just pulled that one for this, whatever this is.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
My guess is the experiment is to see how many people post 3 numbers after the 25 maximum is well over 25 now and people are still posting.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

That's a good guess.

I knew it was over 25 but i did it anyway because of the chance I might get a random U2U saying "OMG thats amazing thats the number of this thing".

I look for any chance I get to test these things.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I hope this isn't an experiment to see how many people have nothing better to do than to sit around thinking of 3 numbers...

Naaa I think it's an experiment in how many people can't read....

Korg.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Not sure why, just popped into my mind!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The experiment is:

How long after 25 triples have been posted will it be before someone asks the OP to make good on the offer to explain in detail what the experiment was about?

Shamus, consider yourself asked.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hi All,

Thanks so much for the replies, I've got all the info I need now. Going to be starting this experiment tomorrow (Friday, 6 Aug) and will be able to post results two weeks from then.

And sorry, eight bits - I said I would reveal all when the experiment is finished, so I can post my data and results at the same time.

Thanks heaps again people you've been a great help!

Cheers
Shane

p.s Sorry I can't divulge any more info about this, but I have to keep to the guidelines of this experiment.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

did i win>>>> when will we expect more info?

edit: tear

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmm. This reminds me of the Derren Brown lottery experiment. Isn't the Euro Millions on a Friday night. Just an educated guess. But if it is and you win big. Will you share the winnings with your fellow ATSers.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRift

All I can say is that it does have something to do with randomly generated numbers sequences Vs. Human generated number sequences, but alas, I'm no Derren Brown. I wish.

Did anyone ever find out how he did that though? The analogy of the crowd guessing a bulls weight when all the estimates were averaged against the number of people doesn't follow thru to the lottery guessing, as the bulls weight was a constant, and the lottery numbers were random.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
Did anyone ever find out how he did that though? The analogy of the crowd guessing a bulls weight when all the estimates were averaged against the number of people doesn't follow thru to the lottery guessing, as the bulls weight was a constant, and the lottery numbers were random.

Good luck with the experiment!!

This is how the Lotto trick was done..

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78

It was all a con.
He fobbed people off with the ''Wisdom of Crowds'' idea on a random number sequence, when in fact his ''prediction'' of lottery numbers was all down to clever camera/technical trickery.

He went down in a lot of people's estimations after that ( not because many people genuinely thought he predicted the lottery numbers ), but because of the poor way the stunt was planned, executed and ''explained''.

It gave him a lot of publicity, but now casts a doubt over all his other work ( especially his supposed debunking of mysterious phenomena ).

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
2 Weeks?! Well, let me take a blinder of a guess here:

2 weeks is enough time for you to research and try find out who the 25 members are. Thereafter you will research their backgrounds to find out if any of their numbers are significant to them.

Limiting it to below the number 10 means that people may use significant dates in theirs or there loved ones lifes....

Am I getting warm??

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So its been two weeks......RESULTS???
Please

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Shamus what's going on with this experiment?

I want my numbers back!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
My guess is the experiment is to see how many people post 3 numbers after the 25 maximum is well over 25 now and people are still posting.

i counted 40. i had to start over after losing count twice.

once for your 666.

the second time because of your above quoted post.

you are evil,
et

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join