It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corn byproduct fructose literally fuels cancer cell growth, study finds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't really understand why they use corns when they can have "real" sugar with beets. It's what we do in europe, beet sugar.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASEEEEEEEE~~~~

Would the FDA now put a ban on Fructose? OH PLEASE DOOOO~~

Well you would have to ban pretty much all fruit as they contain fructose so i don't think banning the substance would work, unless you mean banning it as a food additive of course.

I think it's just another lesson that you should keep your intake of manufactured foods to a minimum.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Fructose is in a lot more than just corn syrup, folks.

Fructose

Fructose or Fruit Sugar(also levulose or laevulose) is a simple monosaccharide found in many foods and is one of the three important dietary monosaccharides along with glucose and galactose. The organic fructose molecule was first discovered by Augustin-Pierre Dubrunfaut in 1847. Fructose is a white solid that dissolves in water – it is the most water-soluble of all the sugars. Honey, tree fruits, berries, melons, and some root vegetables contain significant amounts of molecular fructose, usually in combination with glucose, stored in the form of sucrose. About 240,000 tonnes of crystalline fructose are produced annually.

Fructose is a component of sucrose. Sucrose is a disaccharide derived from the condensation of glucose and fructose. Fructose is derived from the digestion of table sugar (sucrose).

Ferris.Bueller.II, "High Fructose Corn Syrup" is NOT the same thing as "Fructose" or "Corn Syrup"-- it's a different concoction -- cheaper than either and with some interesting side effects: "High Fructose Corn Syrup" not only INCREASES hunger (so you eat more), but increases triglycerides (blood fat) so you'll die faster (clogged arteries, heart disease, stroke).

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by airspoon

I think I disagree with this and call BUNK!!!! Because one, it's a natural byproduct of corn which is wholly organic, it is true that everything natural in moderation cannot and will not harm anyone!!!! I am so sick of this crap, it's the things they tell people so we buy the garbage the junk food they deem is good for you like sacharin and aspartame which is Frikking POISON!!!!! What a load of S****~~!!!

Idyserenity, where did you get that "High Fructose Corn Syrup" is a NATURAL byproduct of corn? Did you get that from ConAgra?

HFCS is NOT organic or natural. Google HFCS, it's nasty stuff designed to make you eat more (increase appetite) and increase triglycerides (blood fat).

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

i saw an artical where the intake of two or more sodas a day increased your rate of pancreatic cancer by 30% will attempt to find links to study

GMO anything has hidden properties and unless you spent millions back engineering these abominations how would you know there safe?

the FDA the guys who gave you flouride ?
monsanto who profit from all this?
michelle obama and her obisity drive?

this carsnagen is intentially added to you food to kill you and collect money from you through insurance/medical costs

they earn money from your cancer why not cause it

if cancer wasnt so profitable it would have been cured by now

external link to cheap cancer cure

tv.globalresearch.ca...

external link
www.news-medical.net...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by XPLodER]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
reply to post by airspoon

Now, you do realize that fructose is not a "byproduct" of corn manufacturing? It's a sugar that is naturally found in corn as well as fruits and vegetables. You are attempting to mislead everyone who reads this into thinking corn consumption stimulates the growth of pancreatic cancer - not true. Fructose is one of the component monosaccharides found in sucrose. Anytime sucrose is metabolized by the human digestive system, fructose and glucose are the resulting metabolites. So, you could say that simply being human stimulates pancreatic cancer-growth and partly be correct. However, YOU ARE WRONG.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by o22a6ar]

o22a6ar, "Fructose" is NOT the same thing as "High Fructose Corn Syrup" -- "Fructose" in itself is not bad. I'm sure the manufacturers of HFCS wanted the public to confuse HFCS with Fructose or Corn Syrup. A name that purposely misleads. HFCS is BAD stuff. And it's everywhere in commercially-prepared foods.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

as it turns out its a perfect thing for poulation control
its added to lots of stuff and easy to confuse with other sugars
im sure the average joe has no idea what it is how it works and why its killing them

this is more soft kill for the useless eaters
makes me made real mad

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
I don't really understand why they use corns when they can have "real" sugar with beets. It's what we do in europe, beet sugar.

Ickylevel, because High Fructose Corn Syrup is CHEAPER than beet sugar or cane sugar. Plus it has interesting "soft kill" uses: HFCS makes people eat more, it increases obesity, heart disease & cancer. All this leads to more business for Big Pharma and sheeple too sick to fight the machine.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by Arbitrageur

i saw an artical where the intake of two or more sodas a day increased your rate of pancreatic cancer by 30% will attempt to find links to study

GMO anything has hidden properties and unless you spent millions back engineering these abominations how would you know there safe?

the FDA the guys who gave you flouride ?
monsanto who profit from all this?
michelle obama and her obisity drive?

this carsnagen is intentially added to you food to kill you and collect money from you through insurance/medical costs

they earn money from your cancer why not cause it

if cancer wasnt so profitable it would have been cured by now

external link to cheap cancer cure

tv.globalresearch.ca...

external link
www.news-medical.net...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by XPLodER]

This is so true. I remember years ago, complaining to a pharmacist about the cost of my prescription and she responded with, "Oh that's nothing, I have people who spend OVER a $1,000 a month on prescriptions."

I was shocked and asked what do they have? "Cancer," was the answer.

All of the poison in our food is INTENTIONAL. My jaw nearly fell to the floor the other day when I heard on Fox that "Corexit oil dispersant is NOT toxic." So eat up that Gulf seafood! Yummy Yum Yum!

Depopulation agenda anyone?

SeaWind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join