It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan War logs show survivor of Opertion Redwing rescue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There are around 5 or so documents that deal with Operation Redwing, that resulted in the largest loss of life in US special forces. however this document.

280919Z Jun 05 DIRECT FIRE CF Camp Blessing 2 CF KIA 1 CF WIA

Claims that there was a survivor of the chinook which was shot down in the attempt to extract the team of SEALs!

1X person Rescued
1X soldier Missing, search in Progress

I find this interesting as supposedly Marcus Lattrell was the only survivor of the entire operation!

Other Documents pertaining to Operation Red Wing include!
DBC Pilot Debrief Mission Number: QRF
DIRECT FIRE
281153Z Jun 05 DIRECT FIRE CF Asadabad 16 CF KIA

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This is the first I have heard of any survivors from the Chinnok crash, even Luttrel's book makes no mention of this. I believe it's probable that the serviceman in question was critically injured and later died of his wounds.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Is it possible your getting confused with Luttrel or this guy died later of his wounds. I don’t think there would be any need for a cover up or anything untoward like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The report says they picked up a survivor, the report is labeled the 28th lattrell wasnt rescued till later he spent time in the care of some locals so its not him.

im not saying it was a cover up just found it interesting since nothing was mentioned about this in the story.

new topics

top topics

join