It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality might not be real at all..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is my first thread, so stick with my learning curve.
Okay I was searching the internet yesterday and found this - www.exitmundi.nl...

I could not agree more with what that page has to say, in-fact that is what my current view on life/afterlife is, and it was like that before I found that page. It may seem strange, but lets put some interesting things on the table.

We've all played the Sims right? For those who have not it is a simulated version of a persons daily life, where the people are called Sims. Those Sims live in their world like it is real as reality gets, the trees and stones seem real, and when you pick them up and throw them, they fall back to the ground as if they were real, so they have to be real right, why even question it? While the people who created them know that they are just a computer program, those Sims think its reality.

With that last point still in mind, think of this. We have learned about electricity say about 150 years ago give or take a few, now look at our "advanced technologies" such as computers, The year it was possible to make simulated versions of reality for our entertainment, we made it without any time to spare. Think in the future, long into the future, say 1 million years. If humanity survived, we would inevitably take creating alternative realities to a whole new level, a level which today we can't comprehend.

Look at our computers today, we make them run EVERYTHING because it makes our lives so much easier. When we get bored, simply turn on a video game and play your heart out. Now in the future, even the near future, our computing power doubles every few years. In 100 years our computers will be WAY WAY different the computers will be a part of every single one of us, where we surf the internet by thinking about it.

Also the average lifespan might change too. Right now we live about 70 years or so on average and then we die, but what if that does not have to be the case? What if we can live on average 500 years, or 1000, and what if even when you die, through scientific processes like cloning and biological engineering, they can regrow your body,even your consciousness.

Okay lets stop for a second, reconstruct your consciousness,what about my soul? Well lets define consciousness, "Consciousness is variously defined as subjective experience, or awareness, or wakefulness, or the executive control system of the mind." - Wiki. Now let me state that Consciousness CAN stop when you die, but your ENERGIES can continue, there is a difference. Now in theory, when we have the technology to reconstruct bodies out of nothing but a pile of bones, when we reconstruct that body, it will have a brain, which will mean that it will use the senses it has to see the world around it, WHICH IS CONSCIOUSNESS. Now lets define soul, well that is a little hard to do, i personally do not believe in souls,but lets bluntly say that a soul is the life-force that drives all living things. That being the case, if HUMANS have souls, that means that animals,insects, trees, plants, CELLS AND VIRUSES must have souls, WHICH IS OKAY. Now how do you go about reconstructing a "soul" for a reconstructed body? A good question, maybe that when you awaken the body that you reconstructed, it just fires up, like when you construct a computer, when you turn it on, windows takes over and runs your computer.

Certainly humans are not the only ones that have at one time asked this being immortal question. Right now as you are reading this, the government is working very hard on changing the human body, they are trying to counter-act the biological process of age, which is all age is, a biological process that can be turned off like a switch. This is called Transhumanism, if you don't like it you can't do anything to stop it, The ball already has began to roll down the hill, Scientists around the globe are working towards this, and a lot of them.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Quasar_La-Zar]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here is a video everyone should watch about Transhumanism , I cant seem to figure out how to put the video on here to watch, but just click this link www.youtube.com...

Okay now lets go 1 millions years into the future again, where transhumanism is as common as a breast implant, and where if a human dies, no big deal they just reconstruct him and he is back, he is immortal. Say this all does happen, which is going to happen eventually, its very possible that we will make new forms of entertainment, like computer games, but more advanced, so that it creates alternative realities. Think about it, when you play a video game, the game only loads the layout of where you currently are, say in a video game you are in your bedroom, the game only loads your bedroom and the rest of the game vanishes until you decide to revisit that place. Just like in real life, You see the room you are in, but the rest of the world beyond that is missing, to you. What if behind every single one of us, there is someone giving us all our ambitions, all our thoughts, all our actions, all the feelings? Would it not be very interesting to watch those virtual people live and evolve? To watch people experience crazy things, like a soldier in a gunfight as he kills off enemies and to watch that soldiers survival abilities in action, or a sky diver going skydiving.

I'm running out of time so I have to end this topic now, but I will have more of this in the future. This is all just my view on how things could be, and I am not alone. I'm neither right nor wrong, so please don't take personal stabs, intelligent thought provoking replies are welcomed
Stars and Flags are very nice too

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You have an outer body experience or astral travel, you will experience your soul as a seperate part that exists with or with out your body. I just had this exqc conversation with a friend. Our virtual worlds will be just as real as this one by the time I am old. We have gone from atari to warcraft in 20 years, imagine the next 20.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Double post

[edit on 4-8-2010 by bringthelight]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is to the guy who is running this sim earth would you please eather tun it off or clean up this sim as the programing has way to many bugs in it.
weird thing is in the last 3years I have realy started to feal this isnt real.
My life has changed so many times in just a day into a totaly new life.
It has gotton to the point now to the other night I was dreaming ( or was I)
anyway i woke up like 4 times durning this dreambut the dream kept going even though i wa awake it got to the point i now wonder if maybe we are dead and in hell. Of corse for all I know your not even real just someone my mind created for this hell Dream.
It gets weirder yet You see I don't think you are real I can show this because I know how people will respond to what I say and do down to the words they will utter .The only way I could know this is If your just something I made to add to this place . The reality is I am not posting to this guys post I am posting a reply to a guy who exist only in my mind and am talking to my self even now .
My real problem is as dreamers go I suck at controlling the dream.
If i was any good at it I would be rich and have a dozen woman .
or maybe the gamer who has created me needs to have people like me to make his sim more real .
totaly weird fealing like i am high and I dont even drink or do drugs lol feal like i am floting even now .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I agree with you, your soul is energy, sort of the windows for the computer. Your energy can enter a body, and leave it and enter a new body.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

You know, I have had the EXACT same thought, What if everybody is not real? What if everything is just a message for me in one way or another?

Well I am infact real in the sense that I am living the same world you are
So that might calm you down a bit, but what if both of us are just virtual sims talking to each other, with other intelligences controlling you and me?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

I think your projected time frames are waaaaayyy out.

It will happen MUCH sooner than you think. 500 years to have implantable computers? It's already happening. People can control their computers with simple thought. People have chips (computers) implanted into their bodies to gain entry through doors, to turn lights on and off etc.

I think your vision of the future is literally just around the corner.

Probably somewhere around 30 - 50 years, and we will no longer be able to distinguish the real world, from the artificial.

If quantum computing has anything to do with it, it will be even sooner.

Regarding the premise that our world is basically a huge computer generated game world...i think the game player in control is a nasty little destructive git, who deliberately kills his players off for the mindless thrill of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

See I'm on your side on this, but I did not want to stir up people saying that this will happen tomorrow. In reality this will happen in our lifetimes, and its great to experience the most interesting part of humanity with all of you

I changed it and got rid of the 500 years just made it 100 years, which is about right.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have thought for years that there may be something not real about life , the universe and everything .
A while ago I came across this cool video that you may be interested in , it kinda explains a few things .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The last cycle of the myan long count calendar is from Feb 10 2011 to Oct 28 2011 in that 8 months we are to experience every event 20 x faster than the last year that was 20 faster than the last year.

Every thing that happend in the first year that took 64 million years will all happen in the last 8 months of Feb 10 2011 to Oct 28 2011. Your life will change by the second and faster, it will be one hell of a year.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thank you very much for posting those videos. I just got done watching the first one, extremely interesting. Planning on watching all 5
Also that backs my theory strongly

This is a very good video to watch also. www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Regarding the premise that our world is basically a huge computer generated game world...i think the game player in control is a nasty little destructive git, who deliberately kills his players off for the mindless thrill of it.

I use to build walls around my SIMS and watch them starve to death. Or tell them to go swimming and then remove the ladder...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hi

Right below the videos on You tube you see a few options.

:down: and share.

Click share and you see this : www.youtube.com...
To embed the video on ATS just copy paste everything behind =

Like this:
vnvM_YAwX4I

When you copy this on to the you tube video logo above the ATS post reply window you will get this.

Click cuote on this post to see what the code is. You can also type it instead of using the you tube option above the post window on ATS.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
Think about it, when you play a video game, the game only loads the layout of where you currently are, say in a video game you are in your bedroom, the game only loads your bedroom and the rest of the game vanishes until you decide to revisit that place. Just like in real life, You see the room you are in, but the rest of the world beyond that is missing, to you.

Hi Quasar! Interesting concepts in this thread!
Computer simulations are well on their way to your model of what could be achieved. (Or, if we're in a Sims game already, then it will be a simulation within a simulation. Then our simulations will beget simulations... lol) Seriously though, I watched in amazement this summer, a 5-year-old playing a computer simulated tennis game with uncanny accuracy. Her eyes stayed glued to her onscreen avatar while her 'real life' body looked like she was swinging a racket, except it was a game controller (that apparently communicated with the game console about its location in time and space.) She played with such a calm and confident focus, like this was 'just another game' to her; I stared on in amazement!

So... what if we're in a 'game' and we forgot?! If Time is relative to the observer, imagine this virtual lifetime we're in is in fast forward, like the Sims Game, and our Real Self is at some incredibly indescribably complex virtual console. We got so into the game that lost lost track of time, lost ourselves in it like a good book, like one long daydream, to the point that we actually forgot it isn't real, so even questioning reality doesn't lead us out of the game. Years go by here for every hour there. Mom's gonna come call us for dinner soon and, well, I hope real life is better... lol!

Sound crazy? Watch THIS:

www.ted.com...

Oh, and one more thing... maybe dreams are glimpses of our Real Life, because a part of our brain is still aware, subconsciously. Dreams come off strange and incomprehensible because of the irrelevance to the game, and the Time constraints of our "Sims-fast-forward-living" which allows for only vague, cryptic snapshots of Real Life.

[Most of this flowed while I was typing so I haven't really chewed on it myself before posting it. Feel free to poke holes, or embellish as needed!]

Fun to think about anyway, huh?

[edit on 8/6/2010 by new_here]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am currently reading "The Universe Solved!" by Jim Elvidge.

Wow what a read.

Normally I wait until a book gets older and the price drops but this one sounded so good I paid 24.95 and am glad I did.

I've set the other three books down I was reading, this is the one that will get read now.

Below is part 1 and 2 of a Coast to Coast interview with Mr. Elvidge.

Usually I post here on ATS on Saturday, Sunday - but today I'm signing off ATS and am going to read as much of this book as possible.

Not just another toe! (Theory of Everything)

The final chapter of this book asks the 50 million dollar question, if we are in a programmed reality, who is the programmer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11c7ffb04905.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join