It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin saves whales in New Zealand *Video to make you smile*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well its all been doom and gloom this week on ATS with the news of banks profits, flooding in pakistan and of course the immigration situation in the USA So I thought a little cheering up was in aid for.

Please have a look at the video below and tell me if it brightened up your day as it has mine, the ocean is one place where we can escape the destruction of capitalism.

Heres another just for good measure:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Our wonderful friend, Moko, who was featured in your videos, used to play with the locals in the shallow waters of the bay.

Moko was found washed ashore, dead, a couple of weeks ago - she was a legend along the bays up there.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Thanks for sharing, S&F
Isn't mother nature just amazing? Incredible how man can be so intelligent, and yet so stupid and destructive. Whether it be for profits (causing things like oil spills, etc) or just destructive behavior, 1 can only think that this planet would be way better off without us...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

MoorfNZ

Brilliant story but then I read your link and just thought......
We humans get involved and then a dispute starts about Moko's memorial etc etc....

What is wrong with us ???? We should enjoy and cherish things for what they are, in this case a wild animal that chose to mingle with bathers and sort of educate them about the seas......

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Couldn't agree more - why does everything have to be 'owned' these days?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Exactly, what is wrong with these people? As someone in the article pointed out:

"It's very upsetting. I'm not a happy chappie. I'm pissed off and so is everyone else. At the end of the day, the decision has a political smell about it."

So basically it just goes to show, these people only care about the political effect it will have for them, screw the communities and general public's feelings

Fighting over a legendary dolphin...., just ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What a beautiful, caring, thoughtful, intelligent and special being.

Thank you for sharing this - it did bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart.

S&F

[edit on 4-8-2010 by srsen]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ
Our wonderful friend, Moko, who was featured in your videos, used to play with the locals in the shallow waters of the bay.

Moko was found washed ashore, dead, a couple of weeks ago - she was a legend along the bays up there.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Oh dear, looks like there is no escaping the doom and gloom even with these dolphin videos.

Moko was a male bottlenose dolphin who associated with humans on the east coast of the North Island of New Zealand from 2007 to 2010.

Moko short for “Mokotahi” a headland on the Mahia Peninsula, was three-years-old as of July 2009,[1] he resided at Mahia Beach for two and a half years from 2007 to September 2009,[2][3] and became a major attraction there.[1] He received worldwide fame when he rescued two pygmy sperm whales in March 2008.[1][4] A year later, he trapped a woman out at sea. At the beginning of September 2009 Moko moved 80 km up the coast to Waikanae Beach, Gisborne,[2] and in January 2010 he moved to Whakatane in the Bay of Plenty for five months before following a fishing boat to Tauranga on June 3. .[5] Scientists were worried about Moko's welfare after a study found he had been scarred by boats and a fish hook.[1] He was found dead on the beach at Matakana Island near Tauranga on the 8th of July 2010.[6]

Perhaps then we should dedicate a little time and thought for Moko who brought joy to the lucky people whom were fortunate to interact with him before his passing.

Raise your glass to MOKO!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Thanks for the post! It did put a smile on my face.

Stories like these always make me feel better about things; as though we humans haven't ruined everything for ourselves and all the other creatures we live with.

For all the harm we (un)intentionally cause to the animals of the earth, especially dolphins, they still come to our rescue. Stunning creatures.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Completely agree with you.

Why can't the people just celebrate the life and memories of the animal rather than bicker like 5 year old children at a playground. The body means nothing - it's who it was and what it did that matters and that's not something anyone can lay claim to.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Dolphins are the only animals we know of that give eachother names! They are amazing animals...

If you haven't seen The Cove yet, go watch it NOW!! People should be more aware of what's going on, and voice their outrage...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This reminds me of the movie "Whale Rider" where the little girl saved the whales. The interesting thing to me is that the star in that movie was Keisha Castle-Hughes who according to Wikipedia was born in Australia, but moved to New Zealand when she was 18 months old. I find that to be an interesting coincidence. This event happened in the country where Keisha grew up.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
....and I'm still smiling. S&F

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It is so nice to see something that makes you feel good - God bless Moko - I hope there is a heaven for dolphins and kittens - they are a lot more worthy than most humans I know. Thank You for this.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Well its all been doom and gloom this week on ATS

it's doom and gloom every week on ATS.

tha being said, the inspiration of nature is always welcome.

thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ahhh I love dolphins.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thank you so much for finding these videos, they are thrilling to see, such wonderful beings we share this world with, dolphins and whales. I have always loved dolphins.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This just reinforces my choice of Dolphins being my favorite creature.
This is just awesome, what a dolphin!
Thanks for sharing

RIP Moko.

new topics

top topics

join