It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS OUTRAGE! Mom locks kids in bathroom for 9 months, gets life in jail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

NEWS OUTRAGE! Mom locks kids in bathroom for 9 months, gets life in jail

www.wnd.com

DALLAS -- A mother whose three children were found starving after being shut away in a hotel bathroom for as long as nine months was sentenced to life in prison Friday after changing her plea to guilty in the middle of her trial.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This news story does not really surprise me (which is bad enough) but I am outraged at this insanity.

I think our country has lost a lot of it's moral foundations.

There is no respect for human life anymore.

It was probably what happened when these people turned to either crack coc aine or heroin or morphine.

There are several other news stories on the same page of the Dallas link, and they are horrifying also.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How do you lock someone inside a bathroom!? Usually there are only locks inside them...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Can you go back please and define your outrage? Where does is stem from?

That this incident happened at all? The sentence received by the mother?

What part has you outraged?

To answer my own question?

It's a freaking OUTRAGE this woman got LIFE when pedophiles get far less for raping and torturing babies.

Should this sorry excuse for a mother have rotten life?
No, the kids are still alive.
A heavy sentence, sure, but life?

peace

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Some bathrooms lock with a key rather than a bolt. Mine does.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Why would a hotel have it this way?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think if there was such a thing as justice in the justice system then she should get a punishment and be taught proper parenting instead of locking her up for life.
Rehab them and teach them...don't just lock em up and throw away the key,that is the equivelant of sticking their heads in the sand.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have no earthly idea how a mother
could do this to her own children.
I consider this torture and the mother
doesn't deserve to live.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The word OUTRAGE was in the Headline.

There is far too little outrage in this country. I can't tell you how many times I've read on news stories "Where is the outrage". It's just not there anymore.

The children were 11, 10 and a 5 year old.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Starbug3MY]

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I have no earthly idea how a mother
could do this to her own children.
I consider this torture and the mother
doesn't deserve to live.

Aside from satisfying your lust for revenge, killing her would not actually accomplish anything. People that nuts don't worry about consequences and the crime statistics prove this because harsher penalties do not reduce crime if they are already significant.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
This news story does not really surprise me (which is bad enough) but I am outraged at this insanity.

I think our country has lost a lot of it's moral foundations.

There is no respect for human life anymore.

Well, the absolutely majority of people are NOT like this woman so I think you saying the entire country has lost its morals foundations may be a bit far fetched.

But its strange how low some people can sink. Almost like they are insane.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
On the same page were links to stories about:

Texas Man Convicted of Behead 3 Children - Outrage!

Man Convicted of Drowning Son Over Child-Support - Outrage!

SoCal Father Accused of Slashing Infant's Genitals - Outrage!

Dad Arrested After 2 little girls Found Bound And Gagged - Outrage!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Very good question.

from a bathroom at an extended-stay hotel

www.ktla.com...
Here in Ireland, this type of lock is pretty common in older rented accommodations; maybe this hotel is a conversion from a block of private flats?
It seems to be an older design in America as well:

The idea was to evoke a classic New York pre-war apartment…and it really works, right down to the doilies and key-in-keyhole bathroom door lock.

www.tripadvisor.com...

All the best.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wha?? Are you serious? You're correct, some pedophiles do get far less of a punishment than this lady...and they shouldnt. We're not talking about any case other than this one here. What's done with other criminal cases isnt pertinent to this one. It comes across as if you're downplaying the suffering of these kids...bcuz...well..they're alive.. The boyfriend sexually abused the 11 yr old girl while the mother allowed it, is that close enough for you?

This lady got exactly what she deserved. They need to stop clogging up the system with petty crimes and concentrate on the real criminals. Rehabilitation doesnt work for people like this. If you dont know that your child needs fed, loved and cared for, parenting classes arent going to help. She needs to be locked up and they need to throw away the key. She doesnt look sorry or remorseful one bit in her mugshot.

You're right, OP. Where is the outrage? How sad is the state of our world when people are more pissed off at the sentence handed down than they are about the act itself??

The OP never said a word about the majority of the country. They said they think the country has lost 'a lot' of it's moral foundation, so, no, what they say is not far-fetched at all. This isnt about semantics or how you think the OP should/shouldnt word their own post. It's about the suffering of our fellow human beings, the suffering of these children. So? Where is the outrage? What gets me is that if this lady didnt want her kids she could've dropped them off at cps and been done with them...

Kim

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Starbug3MY

It's a freaking OUTRAGE this woman got LIFE when pedophiles get far less for raping and torturing babies.

Society expects more from mothers. We are the protectors, we would lay down our lives for our children. For a mother to put a child in extreme danger is unacceptable. We expect pedophiles to torture children, we don't expect mothers to.

That being said, although I agree with the mother getting a life sentence, I think the pedophiles should also get a life sentence. Anyone who intentionally destroys the life of an innocent child deserves to have their life destroyed.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That's insane. It's so disgusting that anyone would do ever do that to a person. Why in a hotel?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by orangeprojectiles

I would say it was probably one of those 'pay by the week' motels that people live in as opposed to apartments. There's no deposit, no credit check. You dont pay for gas, electric or water. It's a 'down and out' situation and they're usually located in the city

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I think if there was such a thing as justice in the justice system then she should get a punishment and be taught proper parenting instead of locking her up for life.
Rehab them and teach them...don't just lock em up and throw away the key,that is the equivelant of sticking their heads in the sand.

Possibly 3 people messed up for life, and you are suggesting proper parenting?

At the least, this woman should be forced to be sterilized, and forced to be in jail for the minumum term of the 3 lives she messed up, which would be 3 life sentences. If jail affords her the luxury of proper parenting, may she never be able to even use the skills she might learn in jail!

In other words, you can't teach an old dog, new tricks, and if this women treated her kids this way, mentally ill or not, she should never be released to the general population, ever again!

I do believe, she should be euthanized, if she's that prone to treating children in such a manner.

Yep, spend the money on the kids, as they are going to need 3 lifetimes of therapy to get over what their mother as done to them, probably at the expense of tax payers.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
These cases have been coming up for years. It just shows how Twisted people can be. It's a tragedy but there have been far worse cases. Ones where the children have been locked away at birth and had never had human contact. There was one case I cannot for the life of me remember where some where in Europe I believe where a man locked his daughter away and raped her and actually fathered a child with her and the child was also locked away with the mother. Its sickening that these people exist but from a psychological standpoint it's amazing to see what the human mind is capable of, and the atrocities that we as a species can commit.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm not sure sick people like this can ever make a positive contribution to society. I don't see counselling or rehab an option in these cases. I see it as a waste of tax payers money. She isn't going to make the world a better place no matter how much the bleeding hearts and politically correct opine.

The punishment should fit the crime. This women has given her children a life sentence of nightmares, trust issues, abandonment issues, relationship issues and that's just for starters. She should also cop a life sentence. Those children never had a choice and neither should she. Throw away the key!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join