It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ground Zero mosque' Imam thanks U.S. Jews for support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I express my heartfelt appreciation for the gestures of goodwill and support from our Jewish friends and colleagues”, he said. “Your support is a reflection of the great history of mutual cooperation and understanding that Jewish and Muslim civilizations have shared in the past, and remains a testament to the enduring success of our continuing dialogue and dedication to upholding religious freedom, tolerance and cooperation among us all as Americans.”

Thanks to the support of Jewish citizens the project will likely go through. Contrary to what a lot of people think everyone does not hate muslims simply because they are Muslims. Many Jews of conscience realize that religious tolerance is part of the way forward.

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Why am I getting the impression this article should be read like this:

"U.S. Jews.....nahnahnahnahnahnahhh...."

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Before you get attacked by Anti Muslim, Anti Jewish, Anti religious and every other Anti out there...

What a refreshing change to read something about co-operation and peaceful, mutually beneficial, coexistence...

Tolerance, understanding and love is the ONLY way forward if humanity wishes to avoid self destruction!!

A link would be nice... thanks

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Don't you have to post links to quotes?

Interesting, though hardly surprising for anyone who:

a) isn't a complete ignorant idiot.
b) has ever met a muslim.
c) knows anything about Islam other than the whole virgins thing.

A lot of people don't want to believe this but muslims and jews and christians live together peacefully in many parts of the world.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Actually I am a constant critic of the actions of the IDF and the Israeli government but whenever the people do the right thing I believe it should be acknowledged. Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

After thousands of years of flying at each others throat, I guess your right.

What a refreshing change!!

So we shouldn't question the motives and join in this love&peace fest initiated by the ones responsible for most of the bloodshed in our history books?

Religion......

(Sorry there Muckster, I know your a man of faith. I'm not....)

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

You are certainly correct. I simply overlooked it but have edited my post with the link. Thanks for bringing this oversight to my attention.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Like the true Torah Jews, many world wide Jews hate Zionism for what it has done to others and to them, especialy for the way Zionism creats anti semitism...

I say good post Gem Man
SandF
to you, the Jews who support reconciliation, and to the New Yorkers who voted for an effort at peace activism

to those trying to make more hate out of this....

have a nice day

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

S&F..

All I can say is the people on this planet, regardless off race, religion or colour, all can and do get along very well...

Its them %^%$# we elect to represent us that screw it all up...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This is great news and shows the importance of respect, tolerance, and peace among people of different faiths. Thanks for posting.

Now, I'll sit back and wait for the anti-mosque, anti-islam, anti-jew, anti-tolerance, anti-freedom, anti-peace, anti-human, anti-life idiots from the other related threads to stroll in and ruin this thread too with their ignorance.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by muftanan]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Amen to that! Focusing on the positive is as important as becoming aware of the negative.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hey don't get me wrong here, tolerance and respect are also high on my priority list but building a center two blocks from ground zero, and inaugurating it on 9 /11, sounds like somebody is trying really hard to annoy some people.

They choose this particular date, to inaugurate this mosque, to honor the victims??

That would be like the German's setting up a memorial concentration camp in Israel to honor the victims. (well not quite but you get what I mean)

Shouldn't there be some notion that a lot of people might not be charmed by this idea. To continue with these plans anyway, despite the obvious objections, shows somebody is intentionally trying to rub the wrong way.....

You guys are being undermined in more ways then you can imagine...

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Let me emphasize that I believe in the good intentions of the imam Faisal Abdul Rauf.

Al-Qaeda is probably not to happy with this particular man!!

The biggest problem I have here is the construction of yet another religious building which will function as a provocation to not one but multiple extremist organizations from both sides.

If anything, extremist Muslims and Christians can unite in destroying this object.

Want to take bets as to how long it will take for somebody to blow up this building? (And, as always, killing innocent people in the process)

Yeah, way to go religion. Down town Manhattan will never be the same...

Peace

new topics

top topics

join