It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Imam behind the Mosque near ground zero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...-container

The Kuwaiti-born Rauf, 52, is the imam of a mosque in New York City's Tribeca district, has written extensively on Islam and its place in modern society and often argues that American democracy is the embodiment of Islam's ideal society. (One of his books is titled What's Right with Islam Is What's Right with America.) He is a contributor to the Washington Post's On Faith blog, and the stated aim of his organization, the Cordoba Initiative, is "to achieve a tipping point in Muslim-West relations within the next decade, steering the world back to the course of mutual recognition and respect and away from heightened tensions." His Indian-born wife is an architect and a recipient of the Interfaith Center Award for Promoting Peace and Interfaith Understanding. (Can Sufism defuse terrorism?)

It is an opinion piece.

But more importantly I was surfing through the comments.

And I found a particular analogy I would like to share with ATS.

Here it is.....

So, if say, a murderer identifies as Christian, if those of Christian faith try to build a church near one of where the victims was murdered, it's also a slap to the face of everyone in the world, right? I mean, it's the same thing, only on a smaller scale.

As for an example of Christian Terrorism, google such groups as the Ku Klux Klan, Hutaree, The Army of God, National Liberation Front of Tripura, and Lambs of Christ. But let me guess, "They're not real Christians!" How do you think the Muslims feel about their extremists? Here's a hint. It starts with "T" and ends with "he same @#$% way"

Please ignore the language. What I and this poster are asking is "If this situation happened then would it not also be the same as the Mosque situation that has currently been seen?"

Your thoughts ATS....

(And I would like to mention that you can feel free to attack the posters comment but you won't be seeing me replying unless I actually want to.Mostly because its none of my business.)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Dang a week and no replies!

new topics

join