It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad survives attack on his convoy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Doesn't that whole thing remind you guys of the movie Syriana?

It's always CIA

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So, the 1st round of the debate has started?
I wonder what Ahmadinejad will say back?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Firecrackers kill people, no need for spin.

Maybe not the type of firecrackers you are used to see, but the ones we use in Portugal could be used by a small army.

Everyone said from the beginning that they didn't know if it was an assassination attempt, it was too strange (and badly performed) as an assassination attempt, specially against someone that, apparently, has little security around him.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes I pretty much said the same thing.

But a firecracker and a hand grenade are very different, at least from my perspective. Maybe yours are more powerful and can injure multiple people. I do not discount that possibility, but I smell spin regardless.

Neither seems like an effective tool with a miss of over 100 meters...They may have actually been aiming at the journalists.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
some news claimed a bomb, some claimed a granade i think this is just a case of 24 hour news at work things are reported as they come in and can often be incorrect. i think if it was a granade or bomb iran would probably use it to their advantage. their saying on press tv that it's quite customary to throw fire crackers at welcomings. also i think ahmadinejad would of made some sort of reference to thiis incident in his speech.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Maybe yours are more powerful and can injure multiple people. I do not discount that possibility, but I smell spin regardless.
It's not unusual for us to use firecrackers that can be heard at a distance of 1km, if that helps you to get and idea of how powerful they are.

The first reports I saw said that it could have been a improvised bomb or a hand-made grenade, so I guess that the witnesses' reports pointed to something not exactly like a real grenade.

Neither seems like an effective tool with a miss of over 100 meters...They may have actually been aiming at the journalists.

Where did you got that 100 metres distance?
I haven't seen any reference to that.

Edit: corrected 10km to 1km, I don't know how that '0' got there.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The first reference to a 100 meter miss was on the bbc, but the page has changed.

"This morning a hand grenade exploded next to a vehicle carrying reporters accompanying the president in Hamedan," Khabaronline.ir said. "Ahmadinejad's car was 100 meters (yards) away and he was not hurt."

france 24

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Thanks.

I hate when they change the content of the pages.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

At this point even the mid eastern pages have changed and all is pointing to a firecracker. To find any mention of injured people you have to read the goggle cached pages.

The website that is quoted in the france 24 article, and the t.v. station have all deleted any reference to injured people. Sadly I cannot translate properly.

It was a firecracker, and the story was exaggerated. Or it was an attack, and is now being covered up.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
reply to post by sadchild01

I would love to agree with you but the CIA / Mossad would have been far more successful if it was them!

you mean like the Bay of Pigs?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Fireworks are no joke.
Here is my youtube page MindlessHates fun with mortars

I use the 3 inch "fireworks" to blow some stuff up . Xbox360 a full dell PC and toss one like a hand grenade into a standing body of water.

To say the least. I would not want to be on the reciving end of one of these relatively cheap explosives.

(May contain foul language. Not suitable for children/work environments)

[edit on 4-8-2010 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Did it really happen?
Iranian Press is denying it:

Speaking to Press TV, an informed source in Iran's presidential office has rejected as false the reports of grenade attack on Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I think some how the explaination for the Japanes tanker incident
got mixed up with the Obama Ahmadinejad debate thread...
must be a glitch of some kind...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

If the CIA or any other US organization wants some one dead...

They probably wouldn't miss.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
NEWS FLASH !!!! Just in , Iran cancels Russian missiles and is in negotiation with the Vatican for bullet proof Pope Mobile .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Castro, Gaddafi, Hussein....

teasing

Originally posted by Danbones
So, the 1st round of the debate has started?
I wonder what Ahmadinejad will say back?

You're bad!

[edit on 8/4/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
seems like a CIA/mossad assassination attempt to me.

USA has been trying to destabilise iran since a long time

Of course it was CIA or Mossad. I mean, it could never be some sort of stunt by the Iranians to get sympathy. "Oh, woe is me, everyone is picking on poor Iran and now they're trying to schwack our President!"

And for the "firecracker" comments, it could be an arty simulator. They are like a firecracker, just a lot bigger.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
seems like a CIA/mossad assassination attempt to me.

USA has been trying to destabilise iran since a long time

Maybe the Iranians are pulling a "false flag" of their own.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This just came in from Haaretz

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was unharmed by an attack with a homemade explosive device on his motorcade during a visit to the western city of
Hamadan on Wednesday, a source in his office said.

The source said Ahmadinejad's convoy was targeted as he was travelling from Hamadan's airport to give a speech in a local sports arena. The president was unhurt but others had been injured in the blast. One person was arrested.

"There was an attack this morning. Nothing happened to the president's car," the source told Reuters. "Investigations continue ... to find out who was behind it."

Ahmadinejad convoy attacked in suspected assassination attempt

Good to know he survived and is well.

Timeline:
02/08/10 - Ahmadinejad asked Obama to debate him
03/08/10 - Shots and rockets fired at Israeli-Lebanon border
04/08/10 - Assassination attempt on Ahmadinejad

Make of it what you will.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just spotted this on Huffington Post. Talking about a homemade grenade? With the detonation occuring a hundred yards from the actual convoy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Anyone else having trouble getting onto PressTV?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join