It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity. A Religion of Convenience, or Polytheism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
O.k. Here it goes. The reason for pointing this out, whether or not Christians want to face it, is because they think that they can choose what version of the Bible they choose to want to follow.

Here are some scenarios about asking a Christian about the vengeance of G-d.

Why did G-d choose to advocate violence?

Answer: Oh, thats the Old Testament, G-d's not like that NOW.

Really? So am I to believe that G-d in his infinite wisdom decided to change his attitude? Is this the same G-d that can do no wrong? Where is it that Christians decided that they will follow what they wanted? Is that the Christian way?

Do Christians realize that when asked the above question, and then getting the above answer, completely discredits them? Who told you that you were to ignore the OT?

Here's an analogy.
When someone writes a book, and then chooses to write a sequel, does the main character usually has a complete turn around? NO!, but the author or writer can change it... because it a book! Do you think that if G-d wrote a book, he would want to ask for a re-write because of bad publicity, or hes losing his fan base? NO!

He is the same G-d, you cannot choose which story you like, If your Christian then you have to except that the OT was and in some Church's still is part of your doctrine. How is not discounting the OT not blasphemous in the eyes of your G-d?

If the OT was to hard for people to follow, who's fault is that? If you discount what the OT says, then you are basically saying that G-d was wrong, and not because you think that he changed, but because its your only argument against the inconsistencies.

Even if you admit to inconsistencies you are again admitting that he was wrong.

So is the G-d of the OT the same as the NT? Or are their 2 different G-d's? Or are you choosing the G-d more convenient to your day to day, and or argument towards those that pose the same question?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

Forget churches.

I follow Jesus - and even if you do not believe in Jesus, we should follow what He said (0r did not say).

Love, peace and forgiveness.

Not that this world will ever follow those rules.

We hate, we wage war, and we do not forgive. Why do we wonder why our environment is suffering and our planet is ending?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Though, I walk through the shadow of death (life on earth) I shall FEAR no evil. For he comforts me.

To understand Jesus, put yourself in his stead. Would you give YOUR life to those that preach peace, non FORCE to your beliefs.

I will be, and shall always be YOUR friend. Spock. Call Star Trek religious now.

My GOD people, it is all about forgiveness and non persecution.

Anyway, go and sin no more!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It is about saving this planet and those who live here.

And yet our leaders seem to want doom and gloom - even though they worship wealth and power.

Uh oh, wealth and power...Satan!

Bring in the shrinks.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Thank you for your post that has no relevance to what I wrote. I was asking about the 2 versions of the Bible.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Sorry,

So, you were asking about the versions of lies.

Why bother?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I wasn't asking for the first liners for the New New Testament of the Bible and I quote...

Chapter 1

verse1.
Sorry,

So, you were asking about the versions of lies.

Why bother?

LOL

But if anyone asks where the first line came from Ill be sure to say Jesus.. I mean thats how making bibles works right?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
What two versions?

There are THOUSANDS of versions.

I have read through several different versions.

Do I understand them? No one does, if they claim they do, they are liars!

As I said or inferred, I am spiritual, each day reveals to me truths I have never observed before. If anyone thinks they know the WHOLE truth, they are LIARS. Period.

Life is a ride. Enjoy it. Be it spiritual or intellectual, do not attempt to subjugate it by limitations. If you actually believe in ANY absolute, YOU ARE WRONG.

God Bless and Peace.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Maybe I wasn't clear, I mean the 2 halves, the 2 scenes of the Bible. I mean the one that is based on G-d and the one that is based on Jesus.

The 2 Testaments of the Bible.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

Sorry, I was mistaken on the OP.

Being a spiritual entity that only glides along the components of the bible, being not a investigator of the DEEPER supposed divisions of the bible, I can no longer comment.

Just wanted to say, there is NO structured church of Christ, he is and shall always be, existent in all things, all particles, all components of existence. If he is not there, that is your choice.

Though we all walk through the shadow of DOUBT, we still assume we shall find knowledge. For knowledge will teach us the truth that ALL life is not everlasting, but through him.

Hey, I admit that it sucks if life ends when we die, being that there is NO further understanding. But wow if there is.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
So, O.P., it seems you are a Jewish American.

Are you trying to tell us that one religion is more ridiculous than another?

Kettle calling the pot black.

O.K. so you may have a point with Christianity but what are you hoping to achieve? People will believe what they'll believe, regardless of any kind of logical argument put forth to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

Looks like ya got me... I'm a really really darkskinned bald Jew. I'm trying to preach stories like: A guy living in a fish for 3 days, and talking snakes.

I hoping to achieve comments like this, THANKS! No wait... I'm trying to achieve becoming a moderator with this post. Moderators beware I'm after your jobs. With all these wonderful comments I'm getting, I can start my own conspiracy site STATETHEOBVIOUS.COM. You and catwhoknows can be the site administrators. Don't worry I already U2U'd her she's already in on it. Your job would be to state the obvious and her job would be to confirm it. We'll give ATS a run for it's money.( I knew all this research would get me somewhere. Praise Jew God, I get my yamecha now!)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Why did G-d choose to advocate violence?

Maybe the Bard had a point? He jests at scars who never felt a wound.

Then, he walks a mile in our shoes. Suddenly, pain hurts, and he is a new God.

I am an agnsotic, but that much of this story makes perfect sense to me.

As to the rest, the Old Testament, in both Christian and Islamic eyes, is the run-up to the main event, although they disgaree what the main event was. God-Allah did what was needed to accomplish his ends. Whichever one he was, he broke some eggs to make his omelet.

How unlike other gods. If you're going to have a tribal god, then who wants a wuss? Well, unless she's a fox, but that's a whole 'nother set of religions.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Christians follow Jesus and the teachings of Jesus (that's why they're called Christians).. That is why the old testament does not apply to them.

But.... I'm not religious so I don't know; Revelations makes for a good bed-time story, however.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What I'm saying is: Why would G-d change his approach, if it was perfect to begin with? If you say "it was too harsh for man", that's implying G-d doesn't understand human nature and his law was not perfect to begin with. because he had to change it. It sounds more like an excuse to omit the old testament considering G-d did some really awful things in it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illumin Not I
What I'm saying is: Why would G-d change his approach, if it was perfect to begin with? If you say "it was too harsh for man", that's implying G-d doesn't understand human nature and his law was not perfect to begin with. because he had to change it. It sounds more like an excuse to omit the old testament considering G-d did some really awful things in it.

What if he didn't change his approach, they just didn't have it quite right the first time around. Queue Jesus, to straighten things out, and there you go.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Man's understanding of God is like that of a child understanding his/her father.

When we are young, we see our father as a stern, authoritative, fair, firm, but loving father figure.

As we grow older, we think we know more than our ol' man, that he's old fashioned, stupid...not with the times.

Then, as we mature...we realize he knew more than we thought, that hey, he just might be right afterall.

We then build a relationship not on authority, but love.

Same with God, ity is the history of a relationship through man's eyes that changes as we know God better and better, and finally realize...hey, He is full of love and only wants what's best for us. Do we always understand Him...no. But in the end, i9f we listen to what He is saying and not what we think He is saying...we grow ...in Christian maturity, and lo0ve...Christ like.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

O.k. Here it goes. The reason for pointing this out, whether or not Christians want to face it, is because they think that they can choose what version of the Bible they choose to want to follow.

More junk from those who misrepresent God and continue to take the Bible out of context.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Old Testament is God's church prior to Jesus.
The New Testament is God's church post Jesus.

What is the difference.

Does Ford not recall vehicles with mistakes in them?
Does Toyota not improve on a Celica each year?

Apply the same intolerant, rigid evaluation to your personality and your behavior, being constitutionally honest with yourself in the process.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Why don't you ask him when you die?
2nd line

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join