It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn, Glenn Beck, Friday show, Democracy vs Republic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
What is the difference between a Republic vs Democracy!?

Hey Glenn, maybe you should have the endisnighe on your program, I could define and propagate the truth of our system of our true governance.

Anyway, I just wanted to prelude the show with some insight.

From an earlier thread of mine-The Democracy Conspiracy

Now, the wiki and historical reasoning behind the differences of the two types of systems are significant.

Some will say that the differences are minor, LIARS!

A Republic for which it stands!

Let me ask you a question, if in a pure Democratic system, if the majority wanted to pass a law against certain people, could they? Of course they could.

A Republic is defined by one thing and one thing only-a Constitution. A set of LAWS that the government is NOT ALLOWED to circumnavigate. Remember that!

A constitutional democracy, is also ruled by a Constitution. BUT, the Constitution can be changed by a SIMPLE majority!

Do you understand this? There are certain components of most Republics, the basic law that the individual are inherently given rights that are NOT alienable. Meaning that a certain code of ETHICS are not broached.

At this time, I would like some thoughts in regards to the components that I have postulated. Anything will do.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I would argue that we never had a democracy, that instead we went from republic to oligarchy, 1913. This supposed democracy was a front for corporate government.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Nice call, VERY nice call.

Dec 23 1913 to be exact. 3 Senators used a rule that because the senate was vacant but still in session, they use a rule to pass legislation (color of law) to take over the US.

Oligarch indeed!

Thanks for the addition.

edit to add- BUT they use the democracy crappola as many time as they can. To defend the world for democracy! Wow, funny how our government defends tyrrany!?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by endisnighe]

new topics

join