It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else viewing that star in the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
And I just wanted to say, there is something out there right now. In the sky.

It's really really weird. I don't know how to explain it, but in the same spot where I viewed this star few hours ago. There appears to be what look like star's but arent.

I just seen two or three objects stay in one spot for minutes, looking like a star, and slowly take off upwards.

And thats not the end of it. Same looking star, "object(s)" appearing out of nowhere at the blink of an eye.

And I didnt' post this earlier, just because I wasn't sure if it even I believed what I was seeing, but after the second incident, no doubt in my mind. It looked like 2 stars, bright enough to see, but out of no where like a push or burst they move.

I want a damn camera.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'll hazard a guess and say it's Jupiter.

OP, have you checked out Stellarium or one of the other dozens of star charts out there to see what it is yet?

I'll do that know, I downloaded it earlier to check it out.

Okay, wait, so how do I put it to use? Am I supposed to know where the moon was at the time?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
With a good elevation, compass bearing, viewing location and time we could narrow down the possibilities quickly. From here Venus is strikingly bright and brighter every day becoming visible immediately after sunset finally setting about 9PM but I'm in a different hemisphere of course.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Because going by the (very) rough details in the OP, looking south, southern California at about 4pm my time, using Stellarium I can see Jupiter

Like I said, it's a guess.

[edit on 4/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I understand your logic of location, but not why Jupiter would suddenly look like something else? Obviously the OP has looked at stars before. Wouldnt Jupiter have looked the same before as it does today?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
My guess it's a satellite.

The only reason you see the different colors is because it's rapidly spinning in the upper atmosphere. Red, Green, White, all common to spinning satellites.

I used to see GEOSAT satellites, METEOSAT satellites all the time.
Thought they were crazy, out-of-this-world things, until I did more research.

There are satellites that follow Earth's orbit, and there are those that move faster than Earth's orbit, accordingly.
So you can actually spot satellites when they move quickly across the sky, in a straight line...
The one's that don't move are stationary and usually provide communications for continents.
Southern Sky is a great place to spot those.

Nothing more.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

If thats true, why do we see only one object acting like this amongst thousands of satellites?

link   

Atmospheric conditions could cause the scintillation, since planets don't typically twinkle.

There are other bright stars out as well, could be one of them.

I just went with Jupiter because it's quite bright at the moment.

[edit on 4/8/10 by Chadwickus]

link   
Man I am really feeling wierd right now.

I just got the chills.

Let that object I saw be Jupiter.

But I type this with all honesty. It feels like whatever the things I am viewing in the sky, know I am looking at them.

I just looked out, nothing then out of nowhere a star. What does it do? it brightens up and moves to the right and dims.

It might sound very stupid, but I know what I am viewing are not stars.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
My guess it's a satellite.

The only reason you see the different colors is because it's rapidly spinning in the upper atmosphere. Red, Green, White, all common to spinning satellites.

I used to see GEOSAT satellites, METEOSAT satellites all the time.
Thought they were crazy, out-of-this-world things, until I did more research.

There are satellites that follow Earth's orbit, and there are those that move faster than Earth's orbit, accordingly.
So you can actually spot satellites when they move quickly across the sky, in a straight line...
The one's that don't move are stationary and usually provide communications for continents.
Southern Sky is a great place to spot those.

Nothing more.

It wasn't moving. Was stationary, and I viewed it for around 10 minutes total.

I dont' know what else to say about it. I just hope tomorrow I can get a camera, and hopefully it'll be there or near again. And even film some of the other things i've viewed.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

You really need a camera huh?

To eliminate the satellite theory, go to heavens-above.com... and see what satellites are passing over head.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by havok

If thats true, why do we see only one object acting like this amongst thousands of satellites?

Thousands? You will never actually view that many satellites in one period of time.
Actually the stationary satellites, when viewed, are the most common mis-diagnosed UFO's in history.
Because they give off random colors when spinning.
But, they don't move very fast...

The other night, I was out and witnessed what seemed to be a brilliant white light shining in the sky and dropping down ever so slowly then fading to the right and dissappearing...
Did I think it was crazy? Sure.
Was it an airplane with the landing lights on....maybe.
Was is a UFO? I doubt it.

But, it was really interesting and had me captivated all evening.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
I dont' know what else to say about it. I just hope tomorrow I can get a camera, and hopefully it'll be there or near again. And even film some of the other things i've viewed.

Does it look like this?

We filmed this object Feb. 4, 2009 with a Fuji FinePix S700 on a tripod. Object was in a southeast direction. We left the camera on the tripod and went in the house for a while because of the cold temps. We see these objects all the time. They appear to be masquerading as stars, but are not and are usually brighter than the average star. They also appear to pulsate from white to different colors of red, blue and green.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Jupiter is currently about half as bright as Venus and rises around 10PM viewed from California (& sets about 10AM) which is much brighter than a bright star like Arcturus or Sirius.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'll look outside tonight! Is there a certain time it is out, or just at night? Where is it in the sky?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The problem with viewing a planet is that it won't change color.
No matter where you see it in the sky.

Planets are luminous, and bright colors, depending on the planet. I.E, Mars is orange, Venus is yellowish-white and Jupiter is normally bright white.
None of the planets ever change colors.

I don't think that the OP saw a planet.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by havok]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

No, this star was far more brighter. And way faster at blinking.

It gave off a bigger shine aswell. I'll answer any questions you guys may have, I dont' want to make people think I created this thread to prove UFO or Aliens are real, or say thats what I was viewing.

Until I have solid footage of what i've witnessed, and witnessing now then you guys can decide.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Oozii

You really need a camera huh?

To eliminate the satellite theory, go to heavens-above.com... and see what satellites are passing over head.

The problem with this, Chadwickus, is that there are a few satellites that don't "pass over head".

They will remain quite constant for a period of time.
Stationary satellites will do this.
Sit and reflect different colors in a consistent fashion.
Red, green, white, red, green, white....etc.
The rotation of the satellite reflects the light from the Sun and gives you the different colors.

Awesome site, BTW.

EDIT TO ADD
I haven't had my coffee yet...grammer and spelling are horrible)

[edit on 4-8-2010 by havok]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
No, this star was far more brighter. And way faster at blinking.

It gave off a bigger shine aswell.

Object may have been closer which would make it appear bigger and brighter to us. The video I linked to is from 2009. There are a couple of similar ones on youtube.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I've seen the same blinking object, showing glimses of red at times, here in Phoenix and while I was down in Cabo. I'm pretty sure its Venus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join