It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intentionally sealed Tunnel under Sun pyramid on Teotihuacan found! Sealed 250AD!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

All societies bury their leaders in some form of pomp and ceremony.

Just wanted to note that this is not true. For example, many groups in Europe ceremonially cremated people, including leaders.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
from OP's link

All the signs point to it being a ruler's tomb, Gomez said, including the rich offerings tossed into the tunnel at the moment it was closed up: almost 50 000 objects of jade, stone, shell and pottery, including ceramic beakers of a kind never found before at the site.

could that mean they were not only highly skilled astronomers, but also highly skilled in the art of chemistry too? finds like this make me wish my time machine was working proper

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
this is some really amazing stuff - about time.. i wonder how long it will be til people start talking about Tenochtitlan again...

Mexico City's Zócalo, the Plaza de la Constitución, is located at the location of Tenochtitlan's original central plaza and market, and many of the original calzadas still correspond to modern streets in the city. The Aztec sun stone was located in the ruins. This stone is 4 meters in diameter and weighs over 20 tonnes. It was once located half way up the great pyramid. This sculpture was made around 1470 CE under the rule of King Axayacatl, the predecessor of Tizoc, and is said to tell the Aztec history and prophecy for the future.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by sum1one]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yeh , the picts also ate the flesh of their champions and kings , so that their strength was passed onto them

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Too bad.

Because if anything of "interest" were found, we'd never hear of it.

*hrmph*

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Interesting.

Teotihuacan means "the place where men become gods".

We could be about to find evidence of our alien ancestry.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Probably some reptilian families down there, and soon as someone comes digging, they eventually bitch to the Gov. and they close the entrance.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
truly amazing i get butterflies just thinking what they may find
which is ashame because all this excitement will be wasted
we will never know what they find
we will be told they find a few artifacts of gold and jewels, a few pots.
We wont be told all the juicy stuff they find which makes my blood boil
i wish like already said they would film the excavation live on a channel dedicated to it
i mean audi have their own channel, and so does that money lending one
i think a channel like this would meen more to the human race than any other channel in the world

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

now thats a channel i'd pay for

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

exactly, even if you had to subscribe and pay for it
i would ditch my sky subscription of £40 a month and pay £40 a month just for that channel alone anyday

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

Originally posted by The Djin
Let's hope they keep the white man out or there may not be a later date

Well if you want to get all racist about it then you should really be upset with the Spanish. Or are the considered white now? You know when they do something negative? Ahh, Who can keep up with all this race BS.

I agree the race comment is BS, but technically, the Spanish are ethnically 'categorized' as being white. Same as the rest of the Mediterranean peoples, and also the Arabs.

This isn't a personal opinion of mine you understand, it's apparently official, whatever that means.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Depends what you consider to be interesting really.

But i know what you mean.

If ANYTHING remotely controversial is found, anything that goes against the establishment dating for the building or occupation of the site, or indeed anything else that threatens to upset the dogma applecart will most certainly be hidden from the public.

And yep, it make my blood boil too.

It's just a shame there isn't a version of 'Wiki-leaks' for archaeologists and historians to blow the whistle on these controversial finds...perhaps one or two of the people working on this dig or indeed the dig under the Sphinx might come forward and tell what they know or have seen if there were such a site.

Could be called 'Diggi-leaks'.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I can't remember where I read it, but it was a very ancient greek book with prophecies etc. and it said that Alexander the Great was sent from God to many places on earth to seal the tunnels leading to the underworld as in Hollow earth etc. where God had banned all the Nephilim. Those egyptian "gods" too. (I don't recall all their names but it's those creatures with the head of a wolf, bird etc..)

If you do remember the book, please U2 me, I would be interested in reading this theory in full. I do not really think Alexander the Great had the means and wherewithal to travel all over the world to each tunnel entrance. For one thing, one well known entrance is in Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. Are you saying Alexander travelled to America? Also, and further, I think what you call the Nephilim may have been Reptilians, for there is much talk of them living beneath the Earth in tunnels. I have heard of a rail system that runs all around the world in there. As for the Egyptian "Gods," these were ET Beings, and scientific anomalies... when the Annunnaki were doing their DNA splicing experiments, in an effort to produce a slave being that would follow orders. The end result is us humans, but there were "others" first that had the body of a man, and the head of a bird, or animal. It has been said that swine are a result also, this is why Jews are forbidden to eat pork. The opening of these tunnels could mean the opening of the 7 seals in the Bible. Anyway, the jury is not yet in, nor has the fat lady sang. We do not know, yet.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Just wanted to note that this is not true. For example, many groups in Europe ceremonially cremated people, including leaders.

Hiya Aeons. I couldn't let this pass without acknowledging it. You are correct that cremation was frequently used in Neolithic Northern Europe. I was quick with my trigger finger and failed to mention cremation. Thanks for pointing it out.

I do stand by the point I was making. Leaders have been buried the world over for many centuries. The absence of so many in the archaeological record is a great shame. It's not as simple as just accusing looters...in many cases farmers could stumble onto a treasure trove and claim it as theirs. We can only imagine the amount of jewellery and precious metals that have been broken up or melted down.

The story behind the Mold Gold Cape shows how easy it is for things to be lost in time. There's a podcast (10 mins!) that tells the story of how it became saved...here.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This will be the mother-lode. No Kings, rulers or princes etc have ever been located there as yet. If they are there, it would most likely be directly dead-center under the Pyramid of the Sun or Pyramid of the Moon. This is precisely where they found the tunnel.
Dead center....

[edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
they are going to find a microwave, a 1986 cutlass, and ancient bags of drugs. the ancients weren't so different from us after all.

This is one of my favorite posts in a long time, lol!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
I agree the race comment is BS, but technically, the Spanish are ethnically 'categorized' as being white. Same as the rest of the Mediterranean peoples, and also the Arabs.

This isn't a personal opinion of mine you understand, it's apparently official, whatever that means.

Well I know we are getting off topic here but if that's true then why do you always hear cries of racism when talking about illegal Mexicans? If latinos are white then what's up with la raza? Oh, who cares. It's all crap anyway and the guy who made the original comment was prolly white himself which just proves how stupid it all is.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by fieryjaguarpaw]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why does everybody think that they really only just now discovered this tunnel system?

The mapping of the globe from space has revealed these underground structures ages ago and they most likely have all been explored and studied already.

There seems to be a lot going on around the globe at ancient sites, who knows what information they're ramping us up for.

I can only hope a confirmation of my own beliefs, that we have alien origins.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
This is fantastic, even though mainstream archeology will slant it to fit their historic model, enough clues should become available for the likes of Hancock, Bauvalb etc.. to perhaps gain some tie ins to their own theories.

I am personally excited to see if they find any more archaic sumerian cuneiform as in the Fuentes Bowl. There are sooo many possibilities with these types of finds.

This has made my day...btw thanks for the pick of the tunnel excavation whomever that was.

Yes...I am waiting for hawass, or that know it all blonde you see on the Egypt threads, to come out and smash it to pieces, pieces that will fit the status quo. What a shame that mere college degrees somehow translate into power. I'm pretty sure no one graduated who spoke against global warming in their college papers. Pretty sure archeology works similarly. Very condescending tones, from those who worship hawass, on these boards.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Such a big fuss over things already known. Pray ye our creator does not get angry with us because we think their is no problem disturbing the dead when we are told not to do so across a span of so many cultures throughout the Earth. As Hawass says, dont touch anything, sadly I only wish he understood this when he critiques his own employees and fondles everything in site like he is some kind of pharoh spirit god. If the spirirts are feared by him than so be it. Would he be confortable with the idea. This guy is creepy. Figure the guy would not remove bodys from the ground and respect the rest of the dead if he only had a soul? Does he? I bet he is type of guy who would like the idea of people digging him 3000 years from now. I really hope he likes the sound of his alarm clock in the morning, most of us dont.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join