It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intentionally sealed Tunnel under Sun pyramid on Teotihuacan found! Sealed 250AD!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Great thread. I went their 12 years ago - certainly got the impression there much more than meets the eye going on. The city is a bold and epic achievement.

Looking forward to what info may be released regarding it's underworld.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not much else to say except i hope to read some more on it at a later date.

Let's hope they keep the white man out or there may not be a later date

Had to laugh at that although it's a shame the Internet news stories are mostly always about depressing stuff.... i'd like to see more of this type of news on TV you know and a live channel maybe where interested people could watch the whole excavation...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hiya Spikey, you'll have to link me up to some sources for these points...

I'll see what i can 'dig' up,
. I didn't use references, as this kind of thing still goes on these days, in remote parts of the world among what we term primitive tribal people.

But i remember reading (donkeys years ago) about the ancient Celts and their 'Sun kings'. They reigned for seven years, and were then (willingly) put to death, and fed to the people of the tribe. The idea being that the whole tribe would become imbued with the power and strength of the King, and therefore guarantee the strength and continuation of the tribe.

Here's an anecdotal quote from a story i've found from 'The Independent' newspaper;

Archaeologists have the first firm evidence that the Ancient Britons were cannibals. The discovery has immense implications for our understanding of ancient native religions. Excavations in Gloucestershire are yielding up the shattered bones of human sacrificial victims, some of whom appear to have been partially devoured in cannibalistic rituals.

Link: www.independent.co.uk...

They don't touch upon exactly why they had this practice, but it does go some way to proving it went on.

I'll try to find references to what i was talking about elsewhere, but it's pretty hard going.

Native peoples in places like Guinea, only really stopped cannibalism just recently.

I can tell you, after reading only a limited number of the accounts of extreme barbarism and torture, and the butchered slaughter followed by the cooking and eating of men, women and children by these 'people', i feel sick to my stomach, so i'll leave it up to you to find the references if you or anyone else reading this are interested to know what went on.

This happened throughout history and only officially stopped a few decades ago. (some maintain the horrifically gruesome practices still go on in secret today)

Would you also believe that supposedly sophisticated, cultured and educated Western people, in Britain and the US (among other Western countries), actually ate the dessicated mummified flesh from recovered Egyptian and South American mummies?

Well, shocking as it seems, during the Victorian period, this was an alarmingly common practice among the wealthy and upper middle classes!

They imagined the ground up bodies of mummies to have extraordinary medicinal properties, curiously beneficial for a whole range of ailments?!
(YEAH, I KNOW!). The upper class Victorians, went in for cannibalism...but..ahem..only for medicinal purposes you understand.

Blimey...our species is truly shocking when we dig below the surface isn't it.

As far as an enlightened egalitarian society goes, i see your points, and to a large extent i agree. However, we are thinking with a biased point of view, having been born and living in a system that is not (or anywhere near egalitarian), and have our views of what is possible functionally and what we imagine isn't.

I'd imagine, if they were a 'leaderless or king/queenless' society, a great many decisions centered around the topics you mention, were made by consensus, rather than decree. I'd have to put some more thought into it, if i wanted to do your question real justice, but i can see it being relatively straightforward to have such a society. Not only managing from day to day, but becoming an awe inspiring and hugely technologically advanced society, as they patently were.

Cheers for your reply mate.

(take my advice, DON'T search for the lowdown on British New Guinea Cannibals...I was planning a night of passion with the wife tonight...i'm not sure i feel very romantic after reading what i have!!)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
well i do hope something comes of this, but im sure if it is something of great significance that could change mankind it will be kept from us.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I had an idea that Papua New Guinea would come up there. Fair enough...and agreed, I'll leave the cannibal storylines and images alone. I don't need the nightmares or the police kicking in the door looking for a psycho

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The countdown to 2012 continues.

I sure hope that tunnel doesn't fill up with oil once they start exploring.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Those egyptian "gods" too. (I don't recall all their names but it's those creatures with the head of a wolf, bird etc..)

Anubis : Dog Wolf Jackal , Aken Ram Horus : Falcon Bast & Sekhmet Cat Set , crocodile just to Name a Few... Could they be Were's ! Werewolf werejackel WereCat etc... Transformation in all Cultures..

to look for more here is a Source to go over
115 Egyptian gods
www.nemo.nu...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

as you posted

Personally, my view of it is that of an ancient airport perhaps.. I have no problem accepting their creation stories and other general stories as some form of fact. Their gods coming from the sky and such. In reality, i'm thinking this existed and belonged to a more advanced civilization long before they discovered it. I vision "ships" or what have you landing on the large temple and corresponding smaller ones. Perhaps the stepped sides are that indeed, steps for giants!... There are many stories of "giants" in all of the "mythological" books.

My Response

Yeah I can Imagine this ! the Landing platforms Airport As my Imagination Spreads it could be !

a closer Look
www.flickr.com...#/

Were These Platforms used for slave trading , Trading Goods & Marketing , Sacrifice execution ? or ! Landing Pads for the Gods ? or For a Ancient Man-made Hot Air Balloon ? we can speculate all day LOL

Like This Stoned (bricked) Modern Helipad ? Spacecraft or Balloon ?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

what does this have to do with 2012?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Looking forward to the development of this one. I wonder if it could it hold some sort of "hall of records"?

Some say there were several of those halls scattered all over earth with the one that is allegedly below the Sphinx being just one.

But any find whatsoever in that region will be amazing nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wonder if they will encounter another civilization down there.
Now that would be too cool.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wonder if they will encounter another civilization down there.
Now that would be too cool.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is the cool part of growing older: we see new wonders almost every day. Thanks to to OP for this fascinating news!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Let's hope they keep the white man out or there may not be a later date

Well if you want to get all racist about it then you should really be upset with the Spanish. Or are the considered white now? You know when they do something negative? Ahh, Who can keep up with all this race BS.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

I would laugh my butt off if they found Phoenician rulers in those tombs!

Elements both common to Teotihuacanos and Phoenicians:

1. Temples of high places
2. Bloodletting
3. Child sacrifices

Mormons swearing the lost tribe of Israel landed in America, only to really mean Phoenician migration. Also, Phoenicians probably invented the Atlantis tale to keep people out of their new cash cow.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralus51

what does this have to do with 2012?

Well, legend has that this is where the Sun was born, and since something is supposed to happen with the sun in 2012 then perhaps there is connection.

Maybe that's where the sun will be "reborn"?

Also, being that this site is not far from the Gulf, and since there are underground tunnels at work here, maybe these tunnels lead to the massive oil reserves too.

Far cry I know but there certainly has been plenty of activity in and around the gulf region lately.

BTW, you can probably expect to see more sink holes being created in these areas over the next few years since the oil levels have been disturbed.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What better way to keep their source of treasure a secret by declaring the tunnels they made sacred. Their source of treasure would have been the gold they found when digging out the tunnels. They must have excavated a lot of gold because it ruined Spain's economy when the conquistadors stole it from the Mesoamerican temples. When you have too much of something it is not worth anything anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Hmmm?
Come to think of it, there seems to quite a bit of talk lately about gold as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuFri
Along with the usual 2012 things they mention that their nine gods are to come from the underworld around this time.

You reminded me of the river Cocytus in Greek mythology. It is an underworld river that appears black in color.

Virgil, Georgics 4. 471 ff : "From the lowest realms of Erebeus came the unsubstantial shades, the phantoms of those who lie in darkness . . . round them are the black ooze and unsightly reeds of Cocytus, the unlovely mere enchaining them with its sluggish water, and Styx holding them fast within this ninefold circles.”
www.theoi.com...

Virgil, Aeneid 6. 297 :
Here a whirlpool boils with mud and immense swirlings of water, spouting up all the slimy sand of Cocytus.
www.theoi.com...

A underground river that is black, sluggish and boiling is probably an oil slick. I wonder if they will find a river of oil down there? Can you imagine what the ancient Teohtihuacans would think if they found an oozing black river underground? - It must lead to the lowest bowels of earth. This is a good spot to put our largest pyramid.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by lostinspace]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The UFO come back to harvest their gold as scheduled (every 26,000 year cycle or so) and saw human have progress so much during their absence.

"Duhh these ppl now moved to Mexico already, we'll blast them back to stone age on 2013, so they can build few more pyramid complex and worship us again."

hence lots of UFO sightings in Mexico and that explains lots of weird ancient stuff in South America, and yeah, they leave a message for us all too.

5/19/13 EXPECT US

PS: The UFO love the pyramid cause easier to measure the gold dump and production capability (bigger pyramid = less gold).
You gotta believe it!

Ancient Mesoamerican
Gregorian to Mayan

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join