It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Most Expensive Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Not really my style, but interesting. A 1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic sold at auction for 30 to 40 million dollars. It gets 15 mpg, and is ugly as hell. Seems like rich people are running out of things to spend money on.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Not really my style, but interesting. A 1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic sold at auction for 30 to 40 million dollars. It gets 15 mpg, and is ugly as hell. Seems like rich people are running out of things to spend money on.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is one of the most beautiful cars ever concieved. No modern anything. No gps, sat nav, computer controls. Pure and simple hotness! If I had that kind of coin I'd drop $50 Million on one in a heartbeat!

The global record is a 1907 Rolls-Rouce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost, all original, 700,000 original documented miles, never been in either an accident. Purchased by VW for a record $40 Million between 2000 - 2002 and it sits on permanent display at the Volkswagen Museum in Wolfsburg, Germany. It is worth about $50 Million and the honours of "The Most Valuable Car On The Planet" is an all original 1886 Benz Patent Motorwaggen which is housed on permanent display at the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stutgart, Germany with a value placed at a whopping $1 Billion!

1906 RR on display at the VW Museum : (Courtesy of The Volkswagen Auto Museum, language is in German)
automuseum.volkswagen.de...

1886 Benz on display at Mercedes Museum as it is the car on the right hand side of the pic.
(Courtest of Mercedes-Benz Museum and Tiny URL)
tiny.cc...
edit on 16-10-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Well, I do appreciate the absence of modern ingenuity. "If it isn't broken, do not fix it", right? Sometimes simple is better, but I really hate the look of that car. If I am going for a Low Tech car, I think I could do better. Provided that finances were not an issue. Although, Daydreaming about a dream car? I think i'd rather dream about the being rich enough to buy a dream car part.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
ugly?!?!
that car is a beautiful timeless piece of art.

top topics

join