It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't They Come Down and Say Hello?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Many believers want to know: Why don't the aliens come down and greet us? They're traveling our skies, leaving crop circles in various fields and beyond. So why not get it over with and come down to party?

Well, let's go through some history, shall we?

The Crusades. Many died in the name of organized religion.

Spanish Inquisition. Once again, religion is involved.

Slavery

The Holocaust

Racism

Nuclear Bombs

Is it really hard to wonder why we haven't been fully contacted or greeted by some advanced intelligent life beings beyond this planet?

Would you go down to a planet where a species such as ours controls it and feel comfortable?

Maybe we should clean up our act, just a bit.

Mod edit: some images removed.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Oh yeah, another "human apologist" thread, where the OP points out how bad and evil us humans are (right out of a 50's or 60's era sci-fi movie).

OP, I know you might think you stumbled onto something huge here, but it's been done to death. Heck, it's done to death on darn near a weekly basis these days.

"Why don't they come down and say hello?"......the simplest answer is becasue they are not here. But that would not fit your belief system (you showed your hand the first sentence or two in your post) so your not going to ponder that one for long.....and I agree it's a boring answer.

I would say that any visiting Alien civilization has been around the block once or twice, so it;s not like they don't understand the common stages of sentient societies. Unless we are the first planet they have encountered with sentient life, then they understand. Heck, they probably went through the same stages themselves.

But pointing out what very few humans do compared to the billions of humans that do not serves no purpose. I am sure the aliens would understand that the average human being doesn't act like the "1%'s", and therefore would embrace their arrival.

A thousand years ago I think you would have been right, and the aliens should have skipped us over, however in this day and age I would suspect that we are, on the average, able to handle it as a society.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Why dont they come down ?Because space rocks are no match for guns.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
www.abidemiracles.com...

They are here, living under the ground at several secret military bases and under the deepest parts of the oceans. All of our tomfoolery can't be more than quaintly amusing to these highly advanced beings.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There are many possible reasons they haven't openly revealed themselves yet...one of those reasons is probably because we are still a degree too "primitive" and immature as a species, evil isn't the best word...another reason could be because they're actually here for a reason, and they haven't shown themselves to us because it goes against the reasoning behind them being here, for instance if Earth were some sort of Alien experiment they probably don't want to interfere with the experiment, or not at this point in the experiment. Perhaps they think we can't yet handle such a truth? They might be waiting until such an announcement will cause little panic, after all the goal is to make things better, not worse...and if they did have negative agendas, they would have shown themselves a long time ago, and if they haven't, it just means they're secretly abducting and studying us and they couldn't care less about actually contacting us and getting involved with our society because it might seem like a complete joke to them, not even worth their time, they have advanced space faring societies to moderate after all, who needs to be babysitting some hopeless primitive human society, it's like a pointless task, only we can help ourselves, and when we do, then they might consider contacting us...

EDIT: And another one could be, they just really don't care about keeping hidden or showing themselves to us, an the mere nature of their quantized crafts makes them naturally invisible in the visible light spectrum anyway, but because they can change energy states, they do shift into the visible spectrum every so often, and that's when u get UFO sightings.

[edit on 4/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm tired of the self-hating guilt trips.

What of our problems? Humans have their ups and downs.

If they're coming here, it's their responsibility to knock and say hello, and get invited in nicely. IF they're coming here, they definitely have not.

If the positions were reversed, we would. We'd try to make our best impression should we have the ability to travel to another populated world.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

If they're coming here, it's their responsibility to knock and say hello, and get invited in nicely.
I've seen enough cases, and know the general human psyche well enough to tell you they would not be "invited in nicely" by a vast amount of people...

If the positions were reversed, we would. We'd try to make our best impression should we have the ability to travel to another populated world.
Yeah, if we landed on a planet with beings equally or more advanced than us we would show respect. Have you seen Avatar, can you picture a scenario like that playing out if we were to find extremely valuable resources on a planet with "inferior" forms of life which we thought we could easily defeat? I can see it happening, humans are disgusting...

[edit on 4/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yep your right.

Look at what the white Europeans did to the American Indians. Conquered and assimilated them.

Law of the jungle, eat or be eaten.

And I wager, it's not just the law of our jungle, but the entire universe.

"They" are here, and have been since we spilled out of the gene splicer.

and there are many, different "theys".

Some come from off world, some come from other dimensions and possibly even parallel worlds.

There is even the possiblity that some "sightings/abductions" could be holographic or staged events by humans, not even really involving extraterrestrials.

It's not just a simple case of ufo = off worlder/another planet.

This subject is like an onion, having many layers and many players.

Why don't they come down and say hello.

Possibly, and I keep using that word for good reason, all of this is hypothetical until we can actually prove something.

We could be a already invaded and or enslaved species, not even aware of the quiet invasion or our enslavement.

The possiblities are endless and some, we probably, with our limited intellegence, can't even imagine.

So far we have proven ourselves a service to self species that is easy to manipulate. Individually we look after our own best self interest vs the group as a whole's self interest.

Every human being deserves to eat, have a safe warm place to sleep and have medical care, everyone.

If I was a scout ship sent here and told to report back to a distant homeworld my opinion of humanity. I would highly recommend avoiding planet Earth until it's inhabitants either destroyed themselves or grew up.

Mankind thus far has chosen to have high technology without moral compunctions. That is a dangerous combination.

Avatar was a very good example of exactly how humanity would invade another world and what he would do to it and it's citizens.

Our past history, lets see in the past year we have killed off most of the marine life in our Gulf ocean for profit.

Bailed out the big banks.

On the average, 1 person dies every second as a result, either directly or indirectly, of hunger - 4000 every hour - 100 000 each day - 36 million each year en.wikipedia.org...

Yet we don't rebel or think anything of a small fraction of humans that are allowed to horde so much money and wealth they nor their descendants could possibly spend it. But hey when I did a thread on that or the fact that our Congress and Senate have full lifetime top notch medical care for them and their families, nobody cared.

Project Blue Beam (HAARP) is in full swing (the Norway Spiral & earthquakes)

We're still waging war like the hairless apes we are.

We've polluted our skies.

Ignored that some of our scientists that have tried to get free plentiful energy to the public are being killed off.

Chopping down our trees (lungs of our planet)

The list goes on and on.

Pray I am never approached by the Galactic Federation and asked, "Would you spare humanity".

My answer would be no, while most are decent folk, the majority quietly ignore / condone war, injustice and poverty upon their own kind and have no real empathy for each other until the brown stuff hits their own fan.

If managed correctly and intellegently, this planet could not only support all life but could be a paradise.

Humanity has chosen to allow the few to horde and manipulate the masses.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
why are you all assuming they're not natural denizens of this planet to begin with?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

That's another possiblity. Very good point.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
why don't they want to come down...
ummm duh
nobody likes coming down
and the way people behave we would....bring them down

maybe if we brought them up.....

they might be a little more inclined to drop by...more often

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
They don't come down to visit because "They" don't exist. Look at the thread asking for one single piece of evidence. With almost 1500 post now and still not a single piece of evidence to prove that they are here. All of you "believers" claim that they are real and you claim imaginary things like they are invisible, they speak with ESP and the Greys are highly developed, big brained, molecular unthinking cloned genetic servants. You can't even agree on what the best known species is. It's all a joke, a religion created to sell books to the gullible.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

If we agree that there is a 'they' in the skies and 'they' are alien SOBs from here (terrestrial), there (extraterrestrial) or everywhere (interdimensional), we'd have to accept some of the history of UFO reports as true.

By this I refer to widespread incidents of military and civilian aircraft being buzzed by metallic spheres and lights (NARCAP technical reports). Throw in reported incidents of nuclear facilities and ICBMs being activated, deactivated or just messed about with ( NICAP - nuclear connections ). Add in a few incidents of pilots reporting clearly defined 'flying saucers' operating in our airspace (Little Rissington incident) and people reporting landed craft with trace evidence (Cometa Report Part 1).

It begins to look like our visiting SOBs couldn't care less about how we conduct ourselves and possibly don't have the manners to say 'hello.' If they are really up there, it's transparent where the power and control lies.

If a single word of historical fact is contained in those cool links above...it's obvious that 'they' can do just about anything they damn well please and saying 'hello' isn't on the list.

PS: Ignore the Facts' 4th and 5th paragraphs are worth digesting because they make sense and many members haven't thought it through to that extent.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is actually half true, if they wanted they could have erased us last time when they were here. If you havent noticed the dna differences on the planet you still have alot of work to do. On the other hand they will soon come after we "narrowminded'" humans are ready for them. Cause the narrowminded are a dangerous part of our race.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Maybe they can`t just come down??? I mean nobody off this planet has actualy walked on the moon yet have they? :-)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
did you ever stop to think that maybe we as a civilization are not special in any way? maybe we are like the little animals that form in a stagnant bucket of water left outside? maybe we are so unimportant that they never even considered trying to communicate with us. would you communicate with a fruit fly? a gnat? of course not, and even if you did would it understand? i would say that is very doubtful. people assume these aliens want to fly here and give us amazing technology, or save us from some huge cataclysmic event, but we don't even do that for each other here on earth. so why would they care? the human ego is so strong that we think life must evolve on a planet with the exact conditions of earth and that we are important enough for these things to stop what they are doing and say hello. ever think that they just don't care? that we just aren't special enough to pay any mind to at all? the ego is a crazy thing, isn't it?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

They do sometimes,

They do come down and say hello to some people.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
either they do come down and talk to certain people, or certain people are just completely batsh*t crazy, which seems more likely to you?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
either they do come down and talk to certain people, or certain people are just completely batsh*t crazy, which seems more likely to you?

They are here, I have told my story on the forum under a few topics, If you read my post you can judge my character,

I will tell it once more,

It was late in the evening, I was sitting in my bed room and an inner voice or inner thought came into my head, I like to call it telepathic communication of sorts.

Come outside we are here, those were the exact words.

I went outside, and looked immediately up into the north and saw them, three ships, burnish orange, very high up in the sky, darting back and forth in close proximity to one another, Time seemed to stand still and I had no fear what so ever, I don't know how long I stood there and watched them, but because my neck started to hurt I lowered my head for relief for a brief second and they were gone, vanished into thin air, I looked all over the sky for a them.

This could be just another sighting story if I hadn't been called out, and why did I go?

I should have been terrified by the experiences but I wasn't,

I went back into the house, and didn't tell anyone.

Why?

I still have only discussed it on a two forums, I have never told many people, only my daughter and she laughed.

and I am not certifiable or anything, lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join