It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing UFO model - hoax, joke or real deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I was searching through eBay for UFO artifacts from the 1950s when I came across this item:

FLYIN G SAUCER PROTOTYPE MODEL - BOEING.. UFO REAL DEAL

If it's for real, it can be added to the Avrocar of corporate/government plans for manufacturing UFO or disc like aircraft for civilian/military use. I'm skeptical though, it looks like anybody could come up with such a thing and just plaster it with stickers. There is even a Continental Airlines sticker on one side of it. If real, it's pretty amazing.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well thats weird,i wonder why it has a Lauda Air sticker on it.Was Nikki a ufo searcher?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Buy it! Quick!

Or not
www.aviationnews.eu...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

nice find Phage. my heart was beating too fast for a minute there. have you considered changing your name to Dr.Phage?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The Best $2,950.00 Frisbee on the market

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

aerobie would disagree

thanks

rich

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
That women in the white coat must be really tiny if you can fit that craft on a desk at work.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
If it's for real,

- This model was produced by Boeing in Seattle ans was acquired from the remnants of Boeing Surplus.
- It was sold by a digruntaled employee who was told to get it off his desk because it was a safety hazard, (that Boeing for you)….
Safety hazard?

What safety hazard? It doesn't even have any sharp edges!

If you're going to make up a story to go with an item you're selling, shouldn't the story at least make sense?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Buy it! Why not?
If you get ripped off by a prankster, then you can turn around and pull the exact same prank on EBay.

If its the real deal, well, victory to you, my friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The saucer shape is very good aerodynamically, so I'd be surprised if Boeing hasn't messed around with concepts and prototypes, even if just for wind tunnel testing. The main problem with the shape is that it's not naturally stable in flight.

I don't think it's even remotely a big deal that aerospace companies might be building and testing craft with shapes like that, especially now that we have computers that can help with issues of stabilization.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
The saucer shape is very good aerodynamically, so I'd be surprised if Boeing hasn't messed around with concepts and prototypes, even if just for wind tunnel testing. The main problem with the shape is that it's not naturally stable in flight.
So how is a shape that is unstable in flight "very good aerodynamically"?

Sounds pretty bad to be.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

I "embiggened" the photo from the eBay site....

...pretty crappy decals, the 'Lauda' logo, and the numbers. You can see alot of yellowing, of the transfer film around the edges.

It's had a bit of a rough ride, over the years.....

Anyone see what the latest bid is up to? I'd pay $6.95, tops.....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The F16 is inherently unstable.
The F117 was inherently unstable.
The B2 is inherently unstable.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
looks like all the other fake things out there i say its a hoax

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That guy was convincing! I want the Frisbee!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I dunno, but anyone who buys that is asking to be ripped off.

I wouldnt pay 100 bucks for it, much less 3 Gs.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think the seller needs to be reported to eBay Fraud Prevention.

This is fraud. It is not just a harmless prank when someone is trying to defraud a buyer (gullible as that buyer may be) out of $2,500.00 +/- by making up a story and tossing in a photo of an unrelated object (the Orion heat shield) to try and fool any and all potential buyers.

eBay is a system built on trust. It works pretty well, but there are simple rules (in addition to those of common sense, decency, integrity, etc, - also lacking in this "auction") that are in place to keep the process fair.

This is no different than if you attended an auction, say, for a car, and, after you were shown a picture of the car, won the auction, paid your money, and then were handed a hot wheels toy.

The seller is trying to hoodwink and defraud some sucker, and he/she is using eBay and a shuckster's yarn to pull it off.

Fry the bum... (and pity the fool who falls for it)...

new topics

top topics

join