It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Intelligent Species?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by centurion1211

Post something constructive.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

Constructive?

You mean like this - along with the silly pics - from your OP?

The list is actually much more extensive...but these are the main idiotic creatures that currently plague this country.

The worst kind of people imaginable.

Rehashing liberal hate pieces ad nauseum is what you consider "constructive"?

Look, you're new here. Try doing a little research and you'll see that what you posted has been posted here for at least the last 6 years.

Oh, and I don't know how you overlooked this important
item, but you seem to have left out the usual diatribes against Fox News ...

[edit on 8/4/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Actually, no not new. I've been lurking here for about...3 or 4 years now.

As for Faux News...did you miss Murdoch and Beck in the OP?

Thanks and take care

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I definitely think that human beings are the most intelligent species on the planet, perhaps in the universe. But with intelligence comes the possibility of succumbing to higher order vices such as greed and wrath.

What is not intelligent is personally attacking the likes of Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and Rush Limbaugh in an ad hominem fashion. No matter what you say, the American far right wing conservatives will never shut up and will remind you time and time again that you cannot shut them up because they are protected by the freedom of speech. Many of these people have no idea who wrote the constitution, much less the origins of free speech.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What's the signature of that one ATS member? Oh, that's it..."never argue with an idiot...they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't trust one single politician or pundit on either side of the aisle. It's all influence peddling as far as I'm concerned. We can be highly intelligent and still not very smart. The whole thing is just too sad to deal with. We're all whores, just to different degrees.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The OP is right about questioning whether we are an intelligent species. But his/hers is a political right/left wing argument. That goes below the radar of what will eventually make us meet our collective fate.

I say we are clever, but not intelligent.

We pollute with every radiological, organic and biologic species we don't feel like paying for to dispose of permanently.

We still allow mega-rich industrialists to poison our air, land and water. And have done so for 100+ years. We bomb civilian populations for the crimes of their leaders (supposedly).

Then we claim to repair the infrastructure we destroy (mostly hundreds or thousands of years old) and the media never reports that the repairs have not been done. Or we claim to clean up pollution in one spot, while other sources grow more deadly and rampant.

So we are like goldfish. Living in a bowl and crapping in it as well. Waiting for someone to come along and clean it out eventually. But there is no one except us to clean it.

Until then we wonder why Mom or Dad got cancer so young, or even one of our kids.

Intelligent? A state of perpetual war, tens of thousands of non-combatants dead. Based on casus belli that are highly questionable.

I say goldfish are better than we are (collectively).

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
What's the signature of that one ATS member? Oh, that's it..."never argue with an idiot...they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

That's why arguing with Republicans is like yelling at a wall trying to convince it to yell back. It's pointless.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Retardation - slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

I personally believe that the retardation of America increased enormously after 9/11. Back when it was Anti-American to question your president (funny how that no longer applies). When invading a country on false intel was justified, as was torture, and spying on Americans. When it was okay to increase terrorist threat levels at a time of re-election. When Karl Rove was helping to manipulate the connection between Iraq and 9/11, only to be later hired as a commentator for FOX News and the Wall Street Journal, both owned by Rupert Murdoch.

I believe Karl Rove, Rupert Murdoch, FOX News, Rush L. and the general narrative of the Right are intentional contributors to the retardation of America.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join