It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this make you believe in UFO's?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

If, in fact, we are able to find life or to answer the question 'Are we alone?' then that certainly is grand enough and noble enough to be the enduring legacy of our civilization.
NASA, October 1999

Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is...
Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950

We have contact with alien cultures.
-Astronaut Dr. Brian O'leary

www.ufocasebook.com...

check out the rest of the quotes on the link above do this before you respond!

Like I said in my thread Believe in UFO's now?

disclosure comes independently I believe the UFO phenomenon is real.

Your thoughts? Flag if it is worthy

[edit on 4-8-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[edit on 4-8-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i do think you are missing some thing WERE is the LINK????

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

O ha ha ha ha ha thank you I have it up now, you should check it out!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nice find man!
This is a good compilation and I will save it for reference.

spec

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
No, these do not make me believe in UFO's. You can dig as many quotes up, from whomever.....unfortunately they always seem to fall well short of shedding in light on any hard evidence.

And I know, I know....some of these people are "prominent people", so you ignore that fact they are human first and prominent second in your desire to believe what they are saying. I have been in a car with an astronaut that couldn't understand the simple mechanics of a four way stop sign, nor could he correctly guess his speed without looking at the dash. Wow, imagine that....I guess he is just human afterall.

And all the old military quotes like the one you posted in your op, well those people were simply stating those things based of nothing more than witness testimony, not like they had any hard evidence. It didn't take them long to stop saying stupid things like that because they figured out there wasn't anything to it really.

So yeah, these quotes (which, if you have been around the block a time or two you have heard a million times) don't compel me to blindly believe, because these quotes lack supporting substance. But, they do compel me to want to know more and not give up my lifelong search.

I don't want to believe, I want to know.

It would take a person who had all eyes on them while they publicly state such things (such as a sitting US president, etc) for me to not roll my eyes at it. And that has not, and will not happen.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
For some that will work. At the very least it's quotes like those, combined with the continuing reports today, that keep the public interest from fading.

But unfortunately, these days the only possible evidence you could really provide - video evidence, radio evidence, etc. - doesn't even qualify as very good evidence anymore. Seems like the only real proof is to see one yourself, and that doesn't help much with convincing other people.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
How could it be possible to be alone in the universe ?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Military Pilots, and Astronauts, Our best rappresentatives that we send in space, our modern heroes, are all fools!

They talk about UFOs, Extraterrestrial craft, "boogey" and Alien structures.
Are they insane?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I don't want to believe, I want to know.

I dont believe you.

Perhaps its because Ive seen your posts here for the last few years. You are looking at the world with occams razor, meaning you are guided by probability. Even when high "credibility" people speak out, you are projecting your experience with humans and coming to the conclusion that what they say is not reliable. But when humans speak out, supporting your own opinions, you accept it as the truth.

I think you have a long way to go, IgnoreTheFacts.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
After my 2 sightings I very much believe of their existence. There's too much evidence out there confirming we are not alone and bugger all evidence against. There's even alot of info pointing to the fact that the Alien race known as the Annunaki created the human race. That's a big possibility seeing as GOD does not exist.

When you weigh up the pros and cons there is only one answer. WE ARE NOT ALONE! WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ALONE!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
what difference does it make? Aliens god you can talk about how they are real or not all you want.
But gess what at the end of the day nothing has changed .God hasent stoped one war nore saved one child from death. and aliens havent landed on the white house lawn to usser in a area of peace giveing us super tek.
The reality is God or aliens HAVENT changed any thing and untill they do it doesnt matter if they are real

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here is a link to a lot of quotes about GOD. These are from a lot of intelligent and famous people, do these make you believe in God?

Link to quotes

Having a quote means nothing in the realm of evidence. Just admit to yourself that you have chosen to believe in UFO's and aliens. This is your religion, it is your faith, why are you ashamed to admit that you have chosen to believe in something?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Why is it important that I "believe in UFOs"? Am I supposed to believe that there are things in the sky that people cannot identify? I don't need to believe in that, there is documented proof. Or are you saying that I need to believe in unidentified ALF piloted craft? Again, I do not need to believe in that either. Those making such claims must prove it, regardless of who they are.

Beliefs are subjective... science is objective.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
While the fact remains that credible people , be they military, ex governmental ect, who come out with quotes such as provided by the OP do have to be taken seriously in to the debate of the circumstantial evidence of Alien intelligences, there is one credible source i feel provides me with very serious credibility.That source is the late Dr John Mack, his professionalism, experience and level headed approach to abductions and their POSSIBLE alien origins is invaluable in the present climate of this sister subject to the UFO enigma, "abductions".

When people like him come to the conclusions that we are in fact dealing with a very real reality ,based NOT on hallucinations, mental heath problems or temporal lope epilepsy, determined by him after his interviews and studies of various people claiming UFO or alien contact, then is it not the time to view this UFO enigma in a much more serious light and to start acting and perceiving if its real.?? That just because you can only smell smoke and not see the flames does not mean there is no fire. As Mack said once;

“The alien encounter experience seems almost like an outreach program from the cosmos to the consciously impaired.”
" What if the alien encounter phenomenon were subtle in the sense that it may manifest in the physical world but derives from a source which by its very nature could not provide the kind of hard evidence that would satisfy skeptics for whom reality is limited to the material? What if we were to acknowledge that the phenomenon is beyond our present framework of knowledge?" - JOHN E. MACK, M.D.

source for quote; www.passporttothecosmos.com...

[edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
Here is a link to a lot of quotes about GOD. These are from a lot of intelligent and famous people, do these make you believe in God?

Link to quotes

Having a quote means nothing in the realm of evidence. Just admit to yourself that you have chosen to believe in UFO's and aliens. This is your religion, it is your faith, why are you ashamed to admit that you have chosen to believe in something?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ChicUFO]

Sorry but trying to compare a list of quotes be they credible or not on a subject such as the GOD perception or reality is rather missing the facts that the UFO reality has much more circumstantial evidence in its favour than the reality of a GOD.

Sure people have a right to believe in what they want and i am not condemning anyone who is religious but it seems rather absurd that trying to compare a reality that has no real evidence in its favour but only texts and personal belief systems with one that has , (be that circumstantial evidence),is a bit unfair.Imagine a set of jurors in a court listing to various evidence provided by various credible sources, pictures,radar ect on the UFO reality and then the evidence of the God perception, not really a rocket science degree their i feel.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If belief in UFOs (based on the OP's title of the thread) means extraterrestrial, then no, I don't think it's enough to believe in UFOs in that way.

Obviously, people are seeing something. Unfortunately, all the testimony, blurry pictures and videos seen so far have not conclusively proved that what people are seeing is other worldly. Still, they are UFOs in that sense of the word and oftentimes remain unexplained.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
How could it be possible to be alone in the universe ?

Easy. There are all kinds of singular things in the universe. Like yourself. Are there more of you to be found in the universe? If so, where are they (you)? Prove they're there.

Life could be just the oddest fluke ever. And there may be no life other than here on Earth. It's not guaranteed either way.

Depending on how you look at it, that either makes us incredibly awesome and unique, or crushingly lonely and pointless.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The quotes are not hard evidence. They are more like hearsay to me.

What make me believe in extraterrestrial is the sheer amount of UFO sightings all over the world. I don't believe every single person who report their sighting are hoaxer.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Like I said in my thread Believe in UFO's now?

UFOs are a real phenomenon, in that people will see objects in the sky they cannot readily identify.

However, the question you are asking is not if UFO as a phenomenon exists but whether aliens are visiting the Earth. There is a difference. Your question is based on out-of-context quotes and an appeal-to-authority. None of the quotes you cite are based on a knowledge that aliens are visiting the Earth, but a belief we are not alone in the universe, the unknown quality of UFOs and a personal beliefs aliens have visited the Earth, respectively. You are asking us to believe based on their position not a knowledgeable-authority.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No - these quotes do not make me believe UFOs are intelligent alien spacecraft.

If I am to believe in such an amazing idea as intelligent alien beings visiting us on Earth, I am going to need much stronger evidence than some quotes written on a website.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Turiddu]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join