It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "real "reason for the tanker explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
www.sbs.com.au...

Militant jihadists have claimed a suicide bomber blew himself up on a Japanese oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz last week.

Mitsui OSK Lines had previously reported that one of its tankers, M Star, appeared to have been hit by an explosion on July 28 in the waterway between Iran and Oman.

The US monitoring group SITE said on Tuesday the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam claimed in a message on jihadist websites that it had placed a suicide bomber on the tanker, identifying him as Ayyub al-Taishan.

It said the attack was carried out in the name of Omar Abdul Rahman, the Egyptian "Blind Sheikh" imprisoned in the US for his role in the 1993 World Trade Centre bombing in New York.

Here it is the explanation for the tanker explosion in the Straits of Hormuz last week
Not a rocket,earthquake,submarine, USO,rogue wave,whale ,angry dolphins ,mines,Chuck Norris ,Staypuft man?,etc etc. Nothing more than a suicide bomber paying respects to a blind sheik with a grudge.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Could this be the start of a new round of suicide attacks,If they are going to go Kamikaze ,they really need to put in a better effort .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well,I would not take anything a group of wackos claim to have done.

There is no proof other than their statement.

Somewhere there is a group probably claiming to have had Michael Jackson killed because he was revered by some of us infidels.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well, if that's what the jihad has come to, it looks like we can get out our pop-guns and bandaids because this is truly a little boys' game now. Someone killed himself to dent a ship? I'll bet he is with Allah right now, wishing he'd stayed at home with his mother.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to say that that's a pretty flimsy story. I'll wait for the truth to come out now.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by CosmicEgg]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
No blood? no fire damage? no burning smell? no body?
But there was new prices being set for oil in Omen, Duabi and the Japan hauling prices were also being set? Japan tankers have lost half of there contracts for hauling oil and the ones who are still hauling oil are doing it for 30% less so far this year.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ok, it's a bomb.

So the hull was bombproof ?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Not bomb proof just idiot proof,the guy must have been hiding in the closet

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Flimsy story ,yes but a better one than an earthquake.I guess it will be a different explanation next week.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The hull near waterline and the deck were damaged.

See pics

I'd maybe believe in an attack from a sneaking ship with grenades or else.
But a suicide bomber in the ship wouldn't make those damages... Or how ?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ahahahaha

Are they serious?? A suicide bomber snuck on board, blew himself up in a random segment of the back end of the tanker, somehow causing an implosion of the hull?

Total bunk

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The explosion took place on the hull outside the engineering room, not inside.

It may have been an anti-ship missile that detonated just a bit too early. An Exocet, maybe, since pretty much everybody in that region has them. Seems to be the only rational explanation.

The claim of suicide bombing was probably a sad attempt to create a red herring.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It's on CNN also
Link

Islamist group claims tanker attack

A militant Islamist group has claimed responsibility for the explosion aboard an oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz near Oman last month.
In a statement posted on various websites that regularly carry messages from al Qaeda leaders, the Abdullah Azzam Brigades included a picture of a man they claimed carried out a suicide attack on the tanker on July 28.
The group said the attack was intended to "strike an economic blow to the infidels."

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That would be like the fake bin Ladin videos with the Israeli upload site logo in the same layer as bin Ladin, the fake mohammad atta passport, the gazan rockets from egypt, the british documents showing that entebbe was done with the help of Israel, the Uss liberty, uh that was a suicide bomber too hey....911 inside job, the riechstag fire, russia invaded georgia
the gulf of Tonkin fake torpedoes...the fake beheading video, faux news,
the fake british SAS bombers caught dressed like Iraqis, the attacking flotilla peace activists....I may add to this list as I think of some more documented fakes...

the CIA rendition plane that went down in mexico with 4 tons of coke on board, the TWA 800 explaination,,,,hey remember the PAT TILLMAN murder and Bush's Claim he died valiently fighting off an Ambush, but the army surgeons testified he died from a triple tap to the head from 10 feet away... the JFK murder with the U turn bullet, Martin Luther King murder with the messed up rifle that could not have done it...

The terrorist wanted to cause economic damage so he threw himself over the side and missed the tanker...?
then after the story is dead they admit to it?

uuummmm so all the news reports of different causes were fake except for this one?
smells like an insurance scam...
I'll wait till I see credible EVIDENCE...
cause I saw on a website that the staypuftt man admitted to it and APOLOGIZED to boot...

nahh.
Chuck Norris has more cred, sorry
at least like the Staypufft Man, he is real
like wrestling

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It's on Yahoo now.

CAIRO – An obscure al-Qaida-linked group says a suicide bomber attacked a Japanese oil tanker in the Persian Gulf last week.

Link

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Flimsy story ,yes but a better one than an earthquake.I guess it will be a different explanation next week.

Nah, they'll stick with this one, I think.

It took them a while to come up with it. Seems they're not letting a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I noticed this story came from Randi Isager.

Journalist
Danmarks Radio
(Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; DR; Broadcast Media industry)

Currently holds this position

Propaganda!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Ahahahaha

Are they serious?? A suicide bomber snuck on board, blew himself up in a random segment of the back end of the tanker, somehow causing an implosion of the hull?

Total bunk
Ya that does sound quite impossible doesn't it.
It amazes me someone would think that could happen..

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There basing all of this off a blog post on a jihad site. I guess I could write a story about them improving there training skills and after training the monkeys to fight for militant jihadists they now have trained whales to attack ships. The Japanese are killing whales on a regular basis so it was logical partnership of the two. Just google translate to arabic and post on jihad web site and watch the news propaganda begin. All the news agencies will quote each other as sources to back each other up.

الجهاديين المتشددين لديهم الآن الحيتان المدربة لمهاجمة السفن. وكان اليابانيون قتل الحيتان ، على أساس منتظم ، لذا كان من المنطقي للشراكة بينهما.

Its translated it must be true!

[edit on 4-8-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The suicide bomber theory is possible,look at the damage in the pictures of the crew quarters.It looks like the suicide bomber changed his mind at the last minute and just set off the bomb without the suicide,there doesnt appear to be any blood or entrails in the pic and the damage is consistent with a small explosive,.The report does suggest there were more than one .
Quote from report"We delayed the publication of the statement until our heroes returned safely to their bases."Now this would suggest there were more than one and they had return tickets.They may have been picked up after by a small boat .As for the hull damage well it could have been another bomber in the hull or for all we know the damage may have already been there.Release the hounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join