It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 could be a cult and ATS could be a form of mind control.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Defenition of Cult:

•followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices
•fad: an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
•followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader
•a religion or sect that is generally considered to be unorthodox, extremist, or false; "it was a satanic cult"

How mind control works

1.People are put in physical or emotionally distressing situations;
2.Their problems are reduced to one simple explanation, which is repeatedly emphasized;
3.They receive unconditional love, acceptance, and attention from a charismatic leader or group;
4.They get a new identity based on the group;
5.They are subject to entrapment (isolation from friends, relatives and the mainstream culture) and their access to information is severely controlled

Information aquired from
This book

Wikipedia.org
and
wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
2012 is a year and ats is an internet forum.Is this thread just a statement or is it a question?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
No I don't think 2012 is a cult and I don't believe ATS is a form of mind control, although I don't believe in 2012 I don't think it's a cult.

S&F anyway

[edit on 3-8-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
ATS is a form of mind control ?...yep definitely .I'm hooked,i'm done, the matrix have me in...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
or you can say hypothetically that 2012 can be a cult and ats can be a form of mind control.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
if anything ATS is the cult and 2012 (or pick your unprovable conspiracy) is the mind control

2nd

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
2012 isn't a cult! No one is trying to set up big suicide days or anything that i know of? Hmmmm If anyone really wants to be a part of a cult though you could always come out and live on my farm and bring me all your gold and silver and money! Then I could set up some beatnick camping area and send everyone out to the field every day to pick weeds and forage for food!

on second thought......STAY off my land! (said in a clint eastwood voice)

Also no one at ATS is asking for your virgins.

CULTS usually prey on weak minded individuals anyways.....Last time I looked people come to ATS to become informed of world events and views of different people from around the world. That doesn't sound like weak minded people to me!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Damn, you caught us red-handed, you sly rascal you. Guess you're leaving now that you figured out our deep, dark secret?

top topics

join