It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helpless before God...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My biggest problem with what I like to call "old-school" systems of faith is the idea that we, as human beings, are simply dependent on the laws and will of Gods-we have no say in the matter and must simply live by certain codes already pre-set, which creates the situation in which any new knowledge that doesn't strictly fit with these laws is heretical and evil...

I prefer that if one is to carry faith in God, it should be a working faith. Certainly we have been provided with the framework, but we still must progress.

In essence, it seems that God needs us just as much as we need him. It is not as simple as claiming to be helpless. I would rather not acknowledge a God who created us with the idea that we would just be little servant-boys and girls who couldn't achieve anything beyond our present state...

your thoughts...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hi Zoso,

The traditional rules regarding "God's will" were laid down by people that were struggling for spiritual illumination and simply did the best they could with what they had. We can learn from them and the principles they set down and we can revise those principles on our own as we walk the path ourselves.

The best law for leading a life that is devoted to God is The Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

We are not bound by the ideas of the past but we are bound to learn as much as we can in the present.

Perhaps a broader definition of God is in order.

I have found that the following adage is very true:

"When you serve others, you are the difference that God makes."

When we help people, even in seemingly small ways, we attract light beings (or angels if you will) that align themselves with us and work through and around us in service to others. Additionally, doing this helps us find our own "reason for being" which is essential for long-term happiness.

That is why it is very important to find a way of serving others.

As far as being limited is concerned, I have found that to not be accurate at all.

"All souls are infinitely spiritually perfectible."

If we are on a spiritual path and stay on it, we have the potential to literally evolve forever, to someday become co-Creators ourselves.

Although I am hardly a Mormon, there is one principle of metaphysics and spirituality that they espouse which I have to agree with. They believe that everyone has the spiritual potential to eventually become a Creator of their own world.

Think about that.

No limits...

[Edited on 18-6-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry, I hate to bust your bubble but God doesn't need anyone...not you and not me, furthermore He doesn't even want everybody.

Science is finding now that those laws that God instituted are for our benefit, for emotional as well as physical health and well being.

I'm sure you didn't like the part where God said that women were to be servant to man...but now we find that women excel at serving, we have hormones and chemicals that make us excel as nurturers, that's why there are more women in the social sciences than men, there are more female nurses, teachers, assistants, etc...we are great at it. Just read the post on Oxytocin and you'll see. When I found this information I was so excited because my whole life had been steeped in doing just the opposite...being brainwashed by the activist-feminist agenda to demasculinize our world.

God had said through the prophet that in the last days there would be 7 women to 1 man...I think that is true, our men were raised by the radical feminists from the 60's through the 80's and now are afraid to just be male. Men cannot fight females, they were not created to fight them but to protect and help them...they just aren't equipped to fight their mothers, sisters, and wives....it's all so sad.

Progress can only happen if you understand the laws of God if you were created and equipped to do a certain thing and you decided to do something else....you'll fail, or you won't be fulfilled which is also failure, then comes the depression, and the 'I don't know what's wrong with me, I have everything I need, maybe it's my husband...maybe it's my kids'...then it's the divorce...and the messed up kids. Then comes the prozac or paxil and a psychiatrist...then the auto-immune and degerative diseases from the stress ! It's nuts, it's a vicious cycle of destruction for the woman, her life, her family, her God-given talents.

Just make sure the 'new knowledge' is fact and not theory or propaganda. There are no contradictions with God ...real science is now saying that there has to be a thinking mind behind the formation of the cosmos...it couldn't have 'just happened'.

Helpless. I don't feel helpless, I feel empowered......I have the power of God at my disposal. You just don't seem to understand....or maybe you just don't believe what God said. Our state IS helpless, that is until we are empowered by His Spirit, then we can do anything...there's no limit to what you can achieve, there is no limit to what you can become, when you get to know Him, His mind, His ways.
When He spoke our names before the creation, in those names he created a personality, each different, unique. But because of exposure to the world, the desires of the flesh and the deceiving devil we became stunted and distorted in our thinking. As I grow closer and closer to God, and notice the changes that occur...I can't wait to see what kind of person I'll be in the future....He does it all. I'm not being forced to be something I'm not by some oppressive God...I'm freer now that I ever have been, I'm a total screw up...but I'm saved by God's grace.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sorry, but you couldn't burst my bubble even if you had millions to attempt it along with you. I know this from experience. I've been at it for many years and more than one lifetime. Yes, more than one incarnation!

Did you know that most if not all early Christians believed in the doctrine of reincarnation?

The reason why they don't now is because Roman emperor Justinian in the year 533 AD decided to order all references to reincarnation to be omitted from the bible. Anyone who henceforth preached it would face governmental proscecution, which meant facing death in those days.

The bible is a fragmented mix of many mystical teachings, with chapters being omitted and revised from church leaders through the centuries who wished to maintain and increase their control over the tax-paying congregation. True, the bible does contain some wisdom but it is by no means the final word or the only word of God.

If it were, then we would all be of one religion and there would not be so many branches of Christianity as well as all the other world religions.

Many say that "God is Love." This I believe points to the absolute truth. God is an energy in the Spirit, not a being. It is the "white light" that Near Death Experiencers often report "at the end of the tunnel" and it is the energy that angels and light workers of all kinds use to heal people.

People often confuse the White Light of God or The God Force with The Original Creator. I have found them to be two different things. The first is an infinite energy spectrum that operates independently (like the forces of gravity and electromagnetism) and is governed by Universal Law in the Spirit which is unalterable. The second is a rarefied God Realized Master that utilized The God Force in order to first come into existence and then to manifest the Universe. The God Force always existed and always will exist. Without it, there could be no stars, no planets and no life whatsoever, be it incarnate or discarnate.

That is how you can have something emerge from nothingness, with The God Force.

I have come to believe that The Original Creator had nothing to do with any traditional religion on this planet. Large groups of angels and subangels (common spirits) orchestrated all that, not Him. If He did, then all the people here would be of the same, all-encompassing religion. His spiritual presence and His level of energy would immediately prove His church to be the correct one and anyone who was not totally wacked spiritually would immediately join Him.

The reason why we are not all of the same religion is not because He is an underachiever, but because He has yet to come. Which means that all that has been stated about The Original Creator in ancient scripture, be it from the bible and elsewhere, is only a ROUGH DRAFT at best. *L*

Whether it be old or new, theory is theory. Many facts of old are really just conjecture. That is why evolutionary theory is called evolutionary theory and not evolutionary fact.

It's good that you strive to improve yourself and to grow in Spirit. Just remember that serving others is more important than just preaching any scriptural reference. Why? Because serving others is the "doing" that scripture is referring to and "doing" is much more spiritually productive than just "talking."

We are not helpless although it seems that way at times. We are growing through our adversity, from striving to live by The Golden Rule, and by serving others. When we return to Spirit, we will be rewarded by the emotional happiness and level of energy that comes from our striving to live godly lives.

top topics

join