It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next "Lost"? (The Event)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I've recently been seeing the previews for this NBC show coming out soon (in Heroes' old time slot)...and so far, I'm intrigued.

Seems to be kind of a conspiracy show, about some people who are somehow different, and apparently one of the biggest secrets being covered up (aliens, reptoids, who knows?).....

It's called "The Event"...

Haven't seen much more info about it yet...(and I'm sure they want it that way)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The Event follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter), a man who, while investigating the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée, ends up unraveling the biggest cover-up in U.S. history.
source

If they do it right, sounds like it might be one helluva show. Thanks for pointing it out, I rarely watch NBC, so I'm generally clueless about the new stuff.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh, I hope you are right about this show. I am a confirmed Lost addict.... Well, I was....

I will check it out!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This looks interesting i just hope its not another run-for-1-season-and-get-cancelled shows like every other show lately. Theres nothing i hate more than starting to watch a show and it ends up getting ditched when i get into it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

This show does look very interesting. I also hope it does not get so convoluted as to be nearly unintelligible like The X-Files did in their later years. I like conspiracy shows, but I am more likely to watch stand alone episodes unless they limit the seasons to 10 to 13 episode arcs.

I will give this a try as it has intrigued me.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It looks more like another "Flash Forward" or any other short-lived Lost wannabe to me

But I will check it out too.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I didn't see the sneak preview after the Breaking Bad finale, but I guess AMC is making their own conspiracy-tinged series called Rubicon. Looks like it'll be a bumper season for those who like their entertainment with a dash of the sinister unknown.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Apparently it will be screened on Channel 4 here in the UK starting in October.
en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Starts here in September (20th) at 9pm EDT. (Monday).

The lead is the late actor John Ritter's son (Jason Ritter).

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Closing my own thread as there is currently an ongoing thread discussion on this show.

top topics

join