It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Warned Israel May Bomb Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Obama Warned Israel May Bomb Iran

www.truth-out.org

MEMORANDUM FOR: The President

FROM: Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS)

SUBJECT: War With Iran

We write to alert you to the likelihood that Israel will attack Iran as early as this month. This would likely lead to a wider war.

Israel’s leaders would calculate that once the battle is joined, it will be politically untenable for you to give anything less than unstinting support to Israel, no matter how the war started, and that U.S. troops and weaponry would flow freely. Wider war could eventually result in destruction of the state of Israel.

This can be stopped
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
More rhetoric I suppose - but this is coming from a very credible group of people who would know what they are talking about. The group is called VIPS and consist of the following...

Steering Group, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS)

Phil Giraldi, Directorate of Operations, CIA (20 years)

Larry Johnson, Directorate of Intelligence, CIA; Department of State, Department of Defense consultant (24 years)

W. Patrick Lang, Col., USA, Special Forces (ret.); Senior Executive Service: Defense Intelligence Officer for Middle East/South Asia, Director of HUMINT Collection, Defense Intelligence Agency (30 years)

Ray McGovern, US Army Intelligence Officer, Directorate of Intelligence, CIA (30 years)

Coleen Rowley, Special Agent and Minneapolis Division Counsel, FBI (24 years)

Ann Wright, Col., US Army Reserve (ret.), (29 years); Foreign Service Officer, Department of State (16 years)

It is a somewhat lengthy read but the stakes seem to be very high. We all have read recently of the major build up of US forces near Iran and now with the new developments between Jordan and Israel this situation could spin out of control.

www.truth-out.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Israel’s leaders would calculate that once the battle is joined, it will be politically untenable for you to give anything less than unstinting support to Israel, no matter how the war started, and that U.S. troops and weaponry would flow freely.

Wider war could eventually result in destruction of the state of Israel.

This can be stopped, but only if you move quickly to pre-empt an Israeli attack by publicly condemning such a move before it happens.

We believe that comments by senior American officials, you included, reflect misplaced trust in Israeli Prime Minister [Benjamin] Netanyahu. Actually, the phrasing itself can be revealing, as when CIA Director Panetta implied cavalierly that Washington leaves it up to the Israelis to decide whether and when to attack Iran, and how much “room” to give to the diplomatic effort.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Pretty credible, I'd say.

It was already posted in this thread, but I think having it as breaking news is a good thing
Just posting the link in case you wanted to see the comments there.

It's something I'd pay attention to.

Ray McGovern has been a very active member of the 9/11 truth movement and I believe cofounded this group.

Colleen Rowley was famous for what is now dubbed her Bombshell Memo to FBI Director Robert Mueller about what was ignored by the agencies surrounding the events leading up to 9/11,

Good find. Wonder what they're going to do with this?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
As early as this month, they say?

Well, I guess we have only heard that every month since 2005, but I guess we'll see. It makes for some sensible commentary, but I highly doubt it will have any effect on the president or pre-planned events.

I give them a 100+ for trying though

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is coming from a very reputable source so... good find!

What I found most interesting from this piece, which I have also long stated, was that if Israel decided to attack Iran it would be suicide, not just for Israel but also for America.

Just like from this article it states that the Americans would learn it was a war under false pretenses leading to the deaths of thousands, possibly even tens of thousands of innocent American troops basically at the hands of Israel. This would lead to a mass resurgence in Anti-Semitism in the U.S. and a wave of Americans turning their backs on Israel and pointing fingers at the ones who are in bed with the Zionist regime.

In the event America does help Israel, which is more than likely, the American people would learn it was a war just like Iraq, NO WMD's! Obama will be thrown out of office and so will all politicians who were instigating this war. Trust me, it will be far worse than Iraq in the public sphere. This could be Viet Nam all over again, possibly worse. And Israel would take a very serious beating from Hezbollah, Syria and Iran that would probably wipe out almost a million Israeli's.

In the event America doesn't help Israel, which is almost improbable, the American people would turn deeply against the Obama administration as he would say, "absolutely not". Obviously the Congress would pass a war resolution and hopefully be vetoed by Obama, but if we somehow avoided the war altogether our government would plummet in public approval and the Republicans would quickly swoop in to plunge us into an Israeli war with Iran.

The only way to avoid either scenario is for Obama to publicly condemn any attack on Iran.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is a little snippet from the Tehran Times:

TEHRAN - Foreign Minister Manuchehr Mottaki has warned that any war triggered by the U.S. or the Israeli regime in the Middle East “would not be limited” just to a single county.

The Zionist regime’s military movements and its threats against Lebanon and Syria indicate that Tel Aviv plans to launch new wars in the region, Mottaki told the Al-Alam TV in an interview broadcast Sunday night.

Mottaki warned that any new wars by the Israeli regime and its allies against regional countries “would be a big mistake.”

Tehran Times

It would be wise to closely watch the developments between Jordan and Israel. Let's be honest - all of the pieces on the chess board are set, the players are at the table (see massive US military in the region) and all it will take to get the game going is for a pawn to be sacrificed. I am beginning to wonder if Jordan is the pawn in this game.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

What exactly do you mean by pawn?

Jordan is one of those border countries, it's Islamic but also Western. They are enemies of no country, even Israel doesn't have a problem with them and vice-versa.

If Jordan was to be used as a pawn of some sort, that's just sad. An innocent country that is neutral and peaceful would be used by the puppeteers against their will.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Geeesh! I am sorry - I meant Lebanon - I was just reading an article about Jordan and had a brain fart - I wasn't clear with what I was saying.

If there is to be war with Iran then there needs to be some sort of spark to create it, whether true or fabricated. I was implying that the current rocket situation with Lebanon could escalate and provide TPTB with some form of justification. That's all.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I say let israel go after Iran.
My only regret is that the F-15 will lose it's spotless record finally.
Then the muslims could occupy the temple mount and maybe we could have peace in the mid east.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Israel’s leaders would calculate that once the battle is joined, it will be politically untenable for you to give anything less than unstinting support to Israel, no matter how the war started, and that U.S. troops and weaponry would flow freely.

I guess this tells us who is in power... It's certainly not the US... They don't even have power over their own army or foreign policy... Who's the tiger, and who's the pussy cat now...

Wider war could eventually result in destruction of the state of Israel.

Either:
a) self fulfilling prophecy
b) idiotic suicide...

Typical idiocy coming from Israel's government... It's all about "logic" in the Israeli government's mind.

"You don't like us? We will do as we please no matter how it will affect us and no matter if we destroy ourselves, or the world, we will bring every single anti-semite down with us..."

Stupid, just stupid... Sometimes I wonder who speaks more BS, the American government and its belief that it owns and polices the world while its own people are out of work and poorer by the day, or the Israeli government with it's retarded rhetoric...

Magnum

[edit on 10/8/3 by Magnum007]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
not to derail the thread but the king of jordans wife is seriously hot.

with obama in office there is no guarantee the us will help isreal in fact its done everything it can to shun and distance itself from them.

secret talks with hamas common people.

from what im reading these guys are anti isreal as you can get why elese put something like this out there ?????

common people

its the nonstop circle of bs feeding the extremists in iran

this is the kind of stuff that ahmadinejad feeds his people to justify his nuclear program and the rest of his actions.

iran does need taken down and i hope someone soon does it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What? Are you serious? It's obviously the fault of the country who has been preaching for peaceful discussion and a healthy debate from the world, the country who has been shunned and denied the right to nuclear energy "just because", the country who has challenged politically and exposed lies and hypocrisy in the western media and politics... This is the culprit of course!

It's obviously not the one who invades surrounding countries' borders and accuses them of everything under the sun. It obviously not the country who invades aid ships in international waters and kills unarmed people in the process. It's not the country who bombs UN buildings, TWICE. It's not the one who denies people the right to get to a hospital causing preventable deaths. It's not the one who controls a giant ghetto/concentration camp condemned by the UN and pretty much everyone except the US, Canada and GB. It's certainly not the country who has contravened more UN resolutions and agreements than every other country combined... No, no, no... It's all the "anti-semites" fault of course. Mommy he made me do it!

Magnum

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
in what world are you living in? peaceful? what the ?

for years iran has fought a proxy war and screamed at the top of its voice death to america and death to isreal.

for years now iran funding hamas and hezbollah and actively funding and training al quedea and the taliban that have KILLED americans in iraq and afghanistan.

preaching peaceful discussion my @#$@#!

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 4-8-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I believe that this is going to be a long night for me... lol..

Ok, compose yourself and take it from the top Magnum... Here we go.

1. Yes, Iran has called for death to the US and Israel. Yes they have prayed for their demise. BUT! They never threatened to START a conflict with them. They never said that they would destroy them by attacking first it would all be retaliatory. What they have said however is something along the lines of: "Hmmm... You are thinking about bombing/invading my country? I will retaliate with the fist of iron onto your arse of wood. You will burn in hell 3 times before your mama will recognize you..." Get the difference?

2. Israel has been on the edge of it's seat like a little kid waiting for the principal (seemingly the US) to ring the bell for recess so that they can go beat up the kid 2 desks down. It has been planning strikes on Iran, it has been planning an invasion... Something Iran never said they would do, unless of course they were attacked first.

3. Israel has a known (although unacknowledged) nuclear arsenal. The only one in the Middle East. Which brings me to my next point.

4. Iran has a HUGE energy problem. They NEED this nuclear energy. Russia is in Iran building the reactors and facilities for this purpose.

5. Iran has offered many many chances for meetings with the US, Europe, and other leading countries. Who are the only ones to accept to talk to them? Russia, China, Turkey... If the world leaders really want peace, wouldn't they talk to Iran directly to see what they REALLY want? Not guess through crappy intelligence reports (remember Iraq?)...

I know you won't change you opinion based on my post. Neither will I on yours. Just remember that the real reason we are at this point with Iran is not because of Iran. It's because nobody wants to talk with Iran directly, nobody wants to listen to their needs and concerns, everyone just assumes that they want evil...

You also need to remember that the media in the US demonizes Iran like crazy. Iran says it will defend itself against any attack from Israel, the media says that Iran wants to destroy Israel...

I can go on about how Israel is instigating this issue by putting pressure on the US to invade and attack Iran, by talking about how the US has Iran surrounded while Israel threatens them, by talking about how Israel blames all its problems on Muslims and uses the "anti-semite" excuse even when they are wrong, by talking about how the US media, government and thought is controlled by zionists which makes Israel look like they can do no wrong, and by talking about how the world is slowly turning against Israel and their dirty political and war tactics.

I won't do this because I know that it's a waste of time and that it won't change your opinion (not that it's my goal) about how Israel can do no wrong, and Iran/Islam can do no right...

I hope you understand...

Magnum

P.S. There was no need to make this personal... (I.E. asking about my world... lol)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a middle east country not all of which is desert who has 2 major clean sources of renewable energy needs nuclear? im sorry i dont buy it.

the advances we have today will power them for decades and guess what no nuclear waste.

i have major problems with iran its leaders not its people for the most part they are just like us. the small elite is ruling them and usurping power thru submission.

other problems that i have :

shooting a woman for protesting in the streets
stoning women who cheat then imprisioning them
killing gays
holding 3 americans in prison for doing nothing
help those people who cut off womens noses.

and isreal may be a nuclear power but when have they ever said they are going to wipe iran off the face of the earth?

and its not wrong translations of what was said.

people go on and on about how evil america and isreal but never acknowledge the evils of them.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Oh look, another thread that has devolved into a bickering contest, and in record time; on the first page.

Both of you made your opinions very clear, and you'll get your stars from people who agree with you. That's how it works. Stretching this argument out into a 5 page mudfight doesn't do either one of you any good, and doesn't do the community any good.

Now, before you say "be the change", I am. I'm making this post and never saying a word about it again, and certainly no contributing to these ridiculous catfights that I see in EVERY SINGLE THREAD nowadays.

Let it GO.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

a middle east country not all of which is desert who has 2 major clean sources of renewable energy needs nuclear? im sorry i dont buy it.

Who are we to decide what type of energy a sovereign country wants to use? As a Canadian, if I object to the US using nuclear power, what's my business telling you that you can't? It's exactly this mentality that is making Iran respond in this way. Who the heck is anyone to decide what Iran does within its own borders? Are we superior to them? It's funny but Persia and the Middle East has existed WAY before the US... Perhaps we have some things to learn from them.. Oh wait! Numbers, Math, Chemistry, Medicine... Hmmm where did that all come from?

i have major problems with iran its leaders not its people for the most part they are just like us. the small elite is ruling them and usurping power thru submission.

And we as North Americans don't have this problem? Have you been reading much on ATS lately? About the lies the government tells you, me, and everyone else to obtain what they want? (*cough* Iraq *cough* Afghanistan pipeline *cough* FEMA *cough* should I go on???) You are submitting to the MSM, to the government telling you who is right and who is wrong. And who controls all this? Hmmm... You are sooooo free in the US... Here's something a college professor told my class once. It was in a media class.

"I sometimes wish I lived in a dictatorship. Really, because at least I would know for sure that what they would tell us is BS. In this "democracy" you never know who's profiting, where they get their information, it's always classified, and what the ultimate goal behind it is. Who knows what is BS and what is real anymore."

other problems that i have : shooting a woman for protesting in the streets stoning women who cheat then imprisioning them killing gays holding 3 americans in prison for doing nothing help those people who cut off womens noses.

You are citing situations that happen in other countries that nobody cares about. This happens in Somalia, in Etheopia, in China, in Indonesia, in the US... Yes I said it, in the US...

How many Americans have wrongfully been put to death? I'm not opening the death penalty debate here but you said "3 ameicans in prison for doing nothing". How many african americans are wrongfully convicted?

The mere fact that you mentioned these situations tells me that you don't have much else to go on. These things are known to happen ALL OVER THE GLOBE...

and isreal may be a nuclear power but when have they ever said they are going to wipe iran off the face of the earth?

No but surrounding it with US troops and threatening invasion and war is close enough! What would you do if Mexico and Canada did the same to the US?

people go on and on about how evil america and isreal but never acknowledge the evils of them.

Just because a country is fighting back against the "world police" and the "world elite" doesn't make them evil... Sometimes a bullied person needs to confront its bully(ies) in order to restore peace and order... If the bully decides he won't stop and wants to fight, well the bullied person can either defend and fight back, or just take it... Finally, a country has accepted to fight back and defend itself instead of looking like a coward and bow to the "real elite that is usurping power by submission" (using your own words)...

Magnum

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
man i am not going to derail a thread just to get into a pissing contest with you...

you think im wrong i think your wrong so im moving on. theres no way we will ever see anything eye to eye.

that post said everything i needed to know.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
well I don't want to give anybody a black eye
due to religious pondering but you realize that this
conflict could be the last war we have on this earth
according to biblical prophecy.

If America comes to Israel's aid then the prophecy is
not fulfilled where Israel stands alone and it's just
another regional war.

If Israel stands alone against her enemies ....
you better start praying
as the end is near.

The only one to make that decision is guess who ?????

OBAMA !!!!!

we will soon know who the anti-christ is
based on this decision.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join