It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sophos Security releases mid-year Threat Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sophos Security

Some of the key findings of the survey indicate a relaxed attitude to state-sponsored cybercrime:

"It's perhaps surprising that so many people seem to think that using the internet as a tool for spying, or even as a weapon, is acceptable practice," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at Sophos. "After all, by giving the green light to these kind of activities you'd also have to expect to be on the receiving end too. Maybe yours will be the next company probed by an overseas power?"

I'm sure its no suprise that Governments would do this, though a little suprising so many people condone it. It almost seems like a hint at a flase flag on U.S. sites.

What do you all think?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I'm sure its no suprise that Governments would do this, though a little suprising so many people condone it. It almost seems like a hint at a flase flag on U.S. sites.
I don't know what a flase flag is, but it's obvious most people don't condone it and it's misrepresenting the statistics to say that people that condone it only during wartime, condone it. That's a pretty big caveat. If you factor in that most countries are not at war with other countries so that proviso is not currently applicable, you have to say the majority of people currently don't condone it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

ok, I note that, you are correct. I was wondering how to word it.
A false flag is when someone does something, and pretends to be someone else. Example, I can see the U.S. crippling some websites, and blaming it on China.

I understand it says war time, but recently, we are always at war. I just think they would take this knowledge and use it to their benefit.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

ok, I note that, you are correct. I was wondering how to word it.
A false flag is when someone does something, and pretends to be someone else. Example, I can see the U.S. crippling some websites, and blaming it on China.

I understand it says war time, but recently, we are always at war. I just think they would take this knowledge and use it to their benefit.

new topics

top topics

join