It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have the immigration solution.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
all illegals will be granted citizenship-then reinstate the draft..
so to escape the draft- they head back to mexico,
and the hippies can go with them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
S&F because i got a laugh out of this lol...

The only problem with this solution is that your hippies will come up to Canada instead of Mexico... We have enough problems with our own damn hippies up here lol...

Now for the real solution... Americans will need to put aside their pride and work the hard jobs that Mexicans do because Americans are either too lazy or too proud to do themselves. People complain about unemployment and jobs being stolen by the "evil Mexicans" yet they would never pick up a broom or a mop, would never think about working in a restaurant kitchen, or cut grass, or work in fields all day in the sun... That's just some "dirty illegal Mexican's" job... Once there will be a complete lack of jobs and Mexicans really won't be able to get anything because Americans took their jobs, then you have a solution!! Fine there will always be something for them to do, it's inevitable, but between you and me and the walls around us, if they can get a job then so can anyone else.

As far as the rest of the problems (drugs, strain on the economy etc...) the solution is never going to exist... Because the solution either necessitates serious long term action and money (yeah right since when does any government commit to anything properly), or drastic, illegal, immoral, cruel tactics (think Israel)...

Magnum

[edit on 10/8/3 by Magnum007]

[edit on 10/8/3 by Magnum007]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I like the idea of join any brand of the Armed Forces for at least 6 years as a requisite to be legal in the US.

And it could be offered either when arrested or when soliciting for citizenship.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

Your solution seems a little more descent... I like the idea of "when arrested". Maybe not the "when soliciting"... Reason being that if they are soliciting, then they are attempting to gain citizenship legally thus not what Americans are worried about.

"You are under arrest. Serve or get deported." Sounds about right to me!

Magnum

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Thanks for the laugh I needed that =)

A question for ATS: Would ending the Federal subsidization of farms here (corn, wheat, soy) help get Mexico's economy on its feet, there by creating jobs "at home" for them instead of them coming here to work?

~Druidae

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

I think they have enough workers in their own country to fill in the gap... The problem is that the wages need to be increased in order for them to have a reason to stay there... Mexico is still a "cheap labor = cheap production" type of country...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by Druidae

I think they have enough workers in their own country to fill in the gap... The problem is that the wages need to be increased in order for them to have a reason to stay there... Mexico is still a "cheap labor = cheap production" type of country...

Would not part of the wage increase be being able to get fair market value for their produce though? Don't we "price them out of the market", making it uneconomical for them to grow corn at home, other than for their own personal use? Just being curious =)

~Druidae

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

Quite honestly, I really don't know... My guess would be that if they can keep their prices below that of the US while increasing wages, they could continue selling their cheaper products to the world, but also giving their workforce more buying power to re-introduce the money into their economy...

It's like a really complicated wheel with like 4 intertwining hoops lol... Then again I do need sleep...

Magnum

[edit on 10/8/4 by Magnum007]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007 Americans will need to put aside their pride and work the hard jobs that Mexicans do because Americans are either too lazy or too proud to do themselves. People complain about unemployment and jobs being stolen by the "evil Mexicans" yet they would never pick up a broom or a mop, would never think about working in a restaurant kitchen, or cut grass, or work in fields all day in the sun...

Far be it for me to coorect someone from CANADA who knows much more about the illegal alien problem than someone who has lived in Southern California for decades BUT...

Americans 'will' do these jobs and at the wage the mexicans are being paid. However, they will not be hired because they are not mexican and the most common excuse is "They don't speak spanish and can't communicate with the other workers" Which is false. Mexicans are a very fuedal group and they make work a living hell for those not of their tribe. They feel those jobs belong to mexicans not Americans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans.

I have been an american working in of of these cliquish workplaces and you are most definately made to feel an unwelcome outsider.

But you are from Canada and know so much more about the minset of illegal aliens from mexico than I do. Over the past 30 years mexico has exported 20% of their population and they are not exporting the best part either. You figure out if you could get rid of the worst 20% of your country who would you ship out?
That is what lands here on our side of the border.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sorry Hippie- you cant flee to canada anymore..you'll be arrested. besides youre just running to the Arctic Front.-
No- drugs are legal in mexico head south..grow more medical pot. grow hemp-
bring peace to all the gangs and start communes man.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
Now for the real solution... Americans will need to put aside their pride and work the hard jobs that Mexicans do because Americans are either too lazy or too proud to do themselves.

Its a shame that you buy into that crap perpetrated by special interest groups, spanning from illegals to corporations covering them. First, you invade a country and since you are willing to shack up with 30 other people in a house (in violation of housing code) and live just a millimeter above 3rd world country standards, you do work for cheaper and undermine wage structure. The structure that was born out of decades of social struggle of American people. Then, when the wages in some areas are rock bottom, you say those fat Americans are too proud and lazy. Some @ss backward logic here.

If you like the Mexican way of life, feel free to head straight South. In the meantime, increased deportations are the only right course of action, in addition to a fortified wall on the border (with concertina wire if possible).

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i don't want foreigners fighting for my country

simple as that

hate to be so blunt in response, but the simple problem most will have with your solution is that most people would rather have well educated (at least high school of english education) american's in their armies

although i don't doubt the mexican's abilities, they've come in and taken the hardest and toughest jobs known to american construction, worked them 5 - 7 days per week for less money than their original american workers, so they definitely can handle the heat as well as hard labor

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

simple as that

Why?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry

simple as that

Why?

Right. It has been a norm throughout written history.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Americans 'will' do these jobs and at the wage the mexicans are being paid. However, they will not be hired because they are not mexican and the most common excuse is "They don't speak spanish and can't communicate with the other workers"

Reporting these employers is not an American's responsibility? Reporting them because they do not conform to equality rights, and to laws pertaining to hiring illegal personnel?

Come on, don't give me a cop out of an answer...

Far be it for me to coorect someone from CANADA who knows much more about the illegal alien problem than someone who has lived in Southern California for decades BUT...

And attempting personal attacks is not going to further your cause either.

Magnum

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

simple as that

Why?

Right. It has been a norm throughout written history.

Indeed. Didn't the Romans give citizenship to anybody in return for military service?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
immigration.change.org...

Reducing waiting times may be another idea. People trying to enter legally are obstructed for little good reason.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The whole idea of immigration has been so skewd it's almost unrecognizable of its former self. When this country established itself as an independent nation from the kingdom of britain, guess who also gave there lives for the idea of freedom? That's right, immigrants. I'm not saying that the current immigration situation is the same as when this country was born but its something that no one should forget. Everyone of you came from another country. Don't start to hate that part of your past for its very essential to the idea for which this country is all about. Also, why do you all keeping referring to hippies as cowards who run away from everything? If anything hippies were just people who had had enough of seeing others die in vain for this false illusion that is perputrated by the higher ups who frankly do not give a damn about you or anyone else but themselves and would gladly send you to a foreign land so you could die.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

simple as that

Why?

just how i feel about it

perhaps i am the minority with that thought, perhaps it is not the most logical or proven successful

[edit on 8/5/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 8/5/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

perhaps it is not the most logical

You're right, it's not. If a foreigner is willing to risk their life in the armed forces to fight for a nation, arguably they're more loyal to that nation than many of its own citizens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join