It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible View of Aurora Borealis, Tonight.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
So did anyone see them in the UK? I'm right down on in the south west, each time I have checked there was either nothing or mostly too much cloud cover (as flipping always for the interesting stuff!).

They are predicted to arrive anywhere from 10:00PM PST on, I could be completely wrong but wouldn't they all arrive at the planet at the same time so 10:00PM PST would be about 5:00AM GST if I'm converting correctly. So it may be a starting to get bright by the time they arrive in the UK. But they could go on for hours, so you may get to see them when it gets dark again tomorrow night. Here's to hoping friend!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by fasteronfire]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
2:00 AM here in West-central Ohio. Didn't expect to see it but I tried anyway. Nothing but haze, light pollution and a little distant lightning. I did see it about five years ago and it was a wonderful experience.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Nothing in Niagara Falls, NY. I dont keep my eyes on the sky too often, especially in the North, but the sky was rather radiant. Its too cloudy out to tell whether it was the lights or just radiant light from the Falls itself though. Maybe tomorrow...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
midnight GMT alberta canada around Edmonton.

No sign of anything in the sky but stars and airplanes. It's a little cloudy to the north but I've been looking since 10:00 p.m. and nothing. I'll try and wake up early and see what i can see!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, I am open for surprises so I will be a bit of a Dreamer tonight, I would love to see something tonight here in New Mexico. Still holding my head up, so time will tell. Nothing is never a disappointment.

I can honestly say that I felt the Sun today like never before. It was 91 outside today with zero breeze and clear skies. I could feel it in the house, and if I neared windows or the door I could tell the increase of heat. I spent the day in and out all day. Incredible difference, so I celebrated today as CME day; it was not an illusion because of daily outside chores and routines that last hours at a time. Today was odd to me all day! I chilled between chores as best I could, it felt like 120. I even took a celebratory Nap! LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Unfortunately nothing in Washington. I've been getting up every 15 minutes since it got dark.

Just an FYI for everyone. I read that the Aurora Borealis goes through phases where activity is higher and lower. It can fluctuate throughout the entire event.

I also found another pretty cool site check it out if you are interested, it updates every 2 minutes with some pretty cool information about the current Aurora Index.

www.softservenews.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Every half-hour to an hour last night I looked out to the Northern Sky, sadly it was quiet and beautiful as it always is.

If someone had flashed a camera out there I would have been glued to the window; Oh well, maybe the next big one!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join