It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Religous Views and Some Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I made this thread in an attempt to gain knowledge, and possibly further my understanding of some things.

First of all I will state some of my beliefs (emphasis on beliefs, this is my opinion and in no way do i state these things as fact)

- I believe in God, and the Holy Spirit and that God sent his Son to redeem us for our sins... basic Christian teachings, you catch my drift.

- I believe in Evolution and the Big Bang.

- I'm on the fence on the topic of aliens, but if I believe in God it would be hypocritical to say extraterrestrials don't exist because there is no absolute proof.

- Christianity itself has had it's name corrupted, so I prefer to simply title myself as a follower of the teachings of the Bible.

- I believe it isn't necessary to go to Church to please God, although it helps to learn and see things through different perspective other than yours.

- I don't follow some of the Christian customs like calling someone Father, praying to Saints, reciting pre-written prayers, or confessing to a Priest.

- The earth was not created in 7 days, nor was man literally carved out of mud.

- Every Christian is a hypocrite, including me. We shouldn't act high and mighty around others, it's not what Jesus would do.

- Preaching to those who absolutely DO NOT want to be preached to is wrong, IE "shoving religion down one's throats"

- I believe being baptized as a baby is pointless. Baptism is meant for cleansing us of sins, and children are incapable of sin until they are aware of the concept of right and wrong (to a specific point of course)

I also have a few questions regarding some of these areas as I'm not extremely well versed in the Bible.

- If extraterrestrials were to exist would this contradict the bible in any way?

- Someone please explain to me the one thousand years of captivity that Satan will endure (as stated in Revelations chapter 20)

- Can this:

14. And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

possibly be referring to the rapture?

Now I'm very open minded and I would like to know if someone would like to point out any logical flaws in my views, or add to them, or hopefully even answer my questions

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Falken]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm with you on almost all accounts.

If extraterrestrials were to exist would this contradict the bible in any way?

That depends entirely on a persons view. Non believers believe that proof of alien life will end all religion, believers see no reason why an all powerful god wouldn't place life somewhere else. I don't think most believers see the human race as anything all that special or original. There is the part about Jesus being God's only begotten son but that only means what it says.

Since I do not believe in any "Rapture" I can not help you out with the question about it. That seems as logical a reason for the Rapture as any. There is also a verse that says something like, Two will be working in a field and one will be taken and the other one left. I believe that rapture believers use that verse as well.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ChicUFO]

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There are no aliens. They would have taken us over ages ago. God never mentioned them.

They will be used however during antichrist reign. The ships were created by governement in the early 1900s.

The prophecies say those inside are either government officials or demons. they are using a technology about 50 years past it's time they don't allow the public to know about.

The ships run on an energy that cost nothing. They already created these ships decades ago.

but putting them in movies and so on is to condition souls minds for the future.

in other words, I made a mistake. They are real in the sense that we creeated them along with satanic influence, but not really real.

peace

[edit on 4-8-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Thanks for your reply, I'll look into the verse you stated.

There are no aliens. They would have taken us over ages ago. God never mentioned them.

Bible never mentioned Dinosaurs either, or black holes. Don't mean they don't exist right?

The ships were created by governement in the early 1900s.

Uhmm, evidence please?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Falken

I think as you stated above that you have the core beliefs of Christianity and I think that is realy the only things as Christian people we have to have in common. You will find that every Christian beliefs and interprest the bible differnetly, and most of the time you have to agrre to disagree. I could never live in peace in harmony with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ if I did not also let be. I think that there is more to this life and universe than we could possibly take in in one lifetime, but eternity awaits and when that day comes. Which we will all come to that day our eyes will be opened to see things as they truly are. I think untill then we should try our best to live by faith and practice love, but no one is perfect and each one will be filled with there own belief system based on there upbringing or there current church or place of learning.

new topics

top topics

join