I made this thread in an attempt to gain knowledge, and possibly further my understanding of some things.
First of all I will state some of my beliefs (emphasis on beliefs, this is my opinion and in no way do i state these things as fact
- I believe in God, and the Holy Spirit and that God sent his Son to redeem us for our sins... basic Christian teachings, you catch my drift.
- I believe in Evolution and the Big Bang.
- I'm on the fence on the topic of aliens, but if I believe in God it would be hypocritical to say extraterrestrials don't exist because there is no
- Christianity itself has had it's name corrupted, so I prefer to simply title myself as a follower of the teachings of the Bible.
- I believe it isn't necessary to go to Church to please God, although it helps to learn and see things through different perspective other than
- I don't follow some of the Christian customs like calling someone Father, praying to Saints, reciting pre-written prayers, or confessing to a
- The earth was not created in 7 days, nor was man literally carved out of mud.
- Every Christian is a hypocrite, including me. We shouldn't act high and mighty around others, it's not what Jesus would do.
- Preaching to those who absolutely DO NOT want to be preached to is wrong, IE "shoving religion down one's throats"
- I believe being baptized as a baby is pointless. Baptism is meant for cleansing us of sins, and children are incapable of sin until they are aware
of the concept of right and wrong (to a specific point of course)
I also have a few questions regarding some of these areas as I'm not extremely well versed in the Bible.
- If extraterrestrials were to exist would this contradict the bible in any way?
- Someone please explain to me the one thousand years of captivity that Satan will endure (as stated in Revelations chapter 20)
- Can this:
14. And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a
15. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time
is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
possibly be referring to the rapture?
Now I'm very open minded and I would like to know if someone would like to point out any logical flaws in my views, or add to them, or hopefully even
answer my questions
[edit on 3-8-2010 by Falken]