It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake here in Hanover, PA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A few weeks ago there was a 3.6 quake here in hanover PA... Im going to try to find some source but I guarentee you it happened, felt it about 5 in the morning cause I got my wisdom teeth out and was eating pudding and getting tylenol.

extremeyl strange for pennsylvania... with all these earthquakes, i msure somethign is gonna happen...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Was it this one?

I think that went past Hanover?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Was it this one?

I think that went past Hanover?

No!! but that remidns me! i was visiting my gpa in toronto when we watched the blue jays game, i felt that one too! this one was just in our region, but earthquakies here never happen. somethign is up

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

Not to be a douche, but no, nothing is up, and nothing is strange. Here in PA we don't get many earthquakes, but we do get them. Don't get all excited over this one.

I remember when I was a kid there was one. It was sort of just a, "what the heck was that?" I grew up in Sharon, PA until I was 10, and moved to Clark, PA, where I reside now. But I go to school in Clarion, PA. (I mention this because I want to illustrate the fact that i've lived around Pennsylvania, a little at least.) This was back in 1998. It was a 5.1. Here's a wikipedia page to it:

en.wikipedia.org...

I've also been through a tornado, that hit Clark on November 10, 2002. It was an F2, but to be more precise, it was an F2 with an F5 (that didn't touch down) above it, that gave it momentum. Here's a link to that:

www.tornadoproject.com...

The man that was killed in that lived caddie-corner to my home.

Anyway, Pennsylvania doesn't see many earthquakes or tornadoes. At all. I've seen both. I don't believe anything super weird is going on. I believe weird things happen sometimes.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

Originally posted by Mooradian
extremeyl strange for pennsylvania... with all these earthquakes, i msure somethign is gonna happen...

this one was just in our region, but earthquakies here never happen. somethign is up

Well, what you say isn't really true although it is a common misconception. Pennsylvania has had earthquakes since the area was settled and even some very close to where you live. For example, would you believe me if I told you there was an earthquake swarm with over 800 quakes reported during 2008-2009 only 20 some odd miles from where you live? This is the last quake I could find in PA. It doesn't match up with your date or magnitude though.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Perhaps this is the one you are thinking about:

Maryland Earhquake

I'm in the area and slept right through it. Felt one a couple of years ago though. A friend worked down near the harbor, and she claimed to see the seismic wave come across the water like a stiff breeze.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I actually remember my mother telling me of an earthquake that originated in Pittsburgh and found its way up to Canada (I think Montreal?) back in the early nineties or something. I can't find a link for that exact incident, but then this happened earlier this year:

News Article 'bout the Earthquake in Canada felt in PA

EDIT! forgot to mention that it's slightly off topic...though...Still kind of shows that Earthquakes aren't completely alien to Pennsylvania. Granted - They aren't as common as say...California.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by philosearcher]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
5.5 felt on mos of the east coast at the end f june, 3.6 in germantown MD felt all the way to NY.

quake swarm in yellowstone as we speak...

read that a hurricane is forming ofver Michigan... at least some guy thinks so

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

5.5 felt on mos of the east coast at the end f june, 3.6 in germantown MD felt all the way to NY.

quake swarm in yellowstone as we speak...

read that a hurricane is forming ofver Michigan... at least some guy thinks so

Except hurricanes form over water... that lake is big but not big enough.

new topics

top topics

join