It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew Simmons "We have now killed the Gulf of Mexico"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

July 21 (Bloomberg) -- Matthew Simmons, founder of the Ocean Energy Institute, talks with Bloomberg's Mark Crumpton, Lizzie O'Leary and Julie Hyman about BP Plc's oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.

This is one of the biggest pieces of information I have found so far. This is a must see video exposing the truths about the shocking BP spill.

"This is a Lie, the Gulf of Mexico is on fire." "If they said the truth they would all go to jail."

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Matt Simmons is at best a banker and at worst a journalist. No one thing he has said to date has turned about to accurate. Much of what he has claimed has been absurd.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well I am wondering if he is credible and this is his opportunity to get investors for his brand of energy for the future or is he full of it, can you give examples? I am just trying to make sense of this and following my heart, which is broken due to the toxic condition of my Old Atlantis.

www.diannerobbins.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So who knows of Matthew Simmons? What is his deal? If he is right then my theory of the next hurricane is right.

Edit for

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't know about Simmon's credibility but if the oil is on the bottom of the gulf then I don't think a hurricane would disturb it. If it is just sitting there in lakes on the low points of the gulf then it will kill everything at that level. Just how big they are and how much area they have covered is what's critical.
Nature does have miraculous ways of healing itself. We may have done something that may take a thousand years to heal or 2, we just don't know.
I think the reason they dumped all the Corexit was to make sure the oil sank and stayed out of sight.
Interesting video for sure, thanks Antar

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thanks, I am curious because my first hit was that he could be using this to further his own agenda of changing the whole matrix of the economy from fossil fuels to some other form of renewable energy derrived from the ocean, I have not checked it out to tell the truth but here is a link to his site that explains it.

The Ocean Energy Institute, founded in 2007 by Matthew R. Simmons, is a think-tank and venture capital fund addressing the challenges of U.S. offshore renewable energy. OEI approaches energy R&D and investment from a systems point of view; not just generation, but usage, storage and transmission all together as an interdependent set of opportunities and the next driving force of the international economy.

www.oceanenergy.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thanks for creating this thread. To hear that interview on MSM was startling.
That fellow appeared to know what he was talking about, and wasn't afraid
in the least to exercise his freedom of speech and thoughts. (Maybe we should
add the freedom of thought to the bill of rights). Anyway, I find it very worrisome to hear this train of thought when the general attitude is that the
well is contained and about to be sealed. In either case, the point is that the
Damage is yet to be completely experienced. Let see what happens to the
Bluefin Tuna population now after this and the U.N. decision to not restrict
further the annual harvest. They have done an efficient job of hiding the oil,
but I don't think they will be able to hide where it ends up. Just remember,
this criminal tragedy makes the Exxon Valdez look like spilled milk.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
His description makes zero physical sense. He lives on another planet.

Look up semi submersible rigs and their set up, look up the terms for equipment he describes.

The 5 story BOP blowing off the seafloor like a cork? The mile long riser pipe leaking oil for weeks and weeks at a visually confirmed high rate? The riser pipe somehow dressed up to look like a BOP? Unheard of heavier than water oil forming a gigantic oil lake at the bottom of the Gulf... This is twilight zone material.

He's an old man, losing his ability to speak clearly and coherently. I respect him and his work and the enormous information he has brought to the situation on Peak Oil but I'm afraid he has started to lose his mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

The 5 story BOP blowing off the seafloor like a cork? The mile long riser pipe leaking oil for weeks and weeks at a visually confirmed high rate?

Maybe he has access to video we dont, he could have been in on this all along, who knows? He did seem very friendly towards BP in the video and was cautious to not alienate himself from them. Plus the way the video for the ROV was up and down all the time, still is, makes me uncertain.

Unheard of heavier than water oil forming a gigantic oil lake at the bottom of the Gulf... This is twilight zone material.

Did you see that video today of the ocean floor rising and settling? I for one dont think it is too far fetched we could have a potential lake of oil seeping under the ocean floor.

He's an old man, losing his ability to speak clearly and coherently. I respect him and his work and the enormous information he has brought to the situation on Peak Oil but I'm afraid he has started to lose his mind.

It is never a point of age, his age is irrevelent, but I now worry his words are true by your description of him prior to spilling the beans on this disaster or potential disaster.

I too believe that nature has a way of settling things in ways man cannot dream of, but I am also not going to turn my attention away from all the possible angles of this experience.

I am open, but not ignorant.
But I really dont know, I hope for the best but know that these are bad times and in some of my more colorful theories, the water is hated by lower astrals and the first thing they will get rid of.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No I know his age is irrelevant, I didn't mean to say that as though its a given that when your old your senile. Not at all.

I just mean, I have listened to entire seminars from this guy in the past on Peak Oil and while he was a little hard to follow at times he was never as bad as he is in today's interviews.

Matt Simmons claims he has had insiders coming to him with this information, but his information is SO DIRE and so potentially life threatening to million of Americans that if true, more would be done on his behalf instead of some vague msnbc interviews.

When he says a "lake of oil" is forming at the bottom of the GOM, he means that as the oil spews out of the open hole with no casing and no BOP, the oil is settling back down to the ocean floor instead of rising to the surface. This is totally unheard of, oil is much lighter than water.

He says that the "Original wellbore is a wide open hole with no casing and BOP attached because the blow out was so incredibly intense it was the biggest blow out the world has ever seen, it blew the BOP from the wellhead like a cork and was pierced by metal casing from in the hole.

Thats the real leak. What your watching on the ROV feeds is just the mile long riser pipe with gas and oil condensate trapped inside, they only capped the riser."

These are Matt Simmons words... They generate massive amounts of confusion as what he describes makes no sense at all. We have all seen the live footage, it has shown oil coming out from the BOP many many times prior to the capping. So what BOP is he refering to? He is about as vague and unclear as you can possibly get

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So who knows of Matthew Simmons? What is his deal? If he is right then my theory of the next hurricane is right.

Edit for

Your theory of a hurricane next? Imagine that.....hurricanes during hurricane season. Next!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

As for the lake of oil, I took it to mean that under the sea floor, maybe from the ruptures, there is a place where it is pooling. That is probably possible right?

Have you considered that he just may be very rattled and unsettled by this whole mess?

I am not standing up for his analysis of the BP spill, but am concerned none the less.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Well some people have heard me touting many times that BP will use the next major hurricane to say that it is nature and not their fault when or if it gets really bad during the next hurricane to hit the shores. I also have said they may even get HAARP involved to make sure it happens.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah I think it is certainly possible. In fact I have started a thread that illustrates this www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just don't know about simmons. I think it's more than possible he has an agenda of his own but if there is indeed a cover up going on, which there is, anything could be going on down there

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The killed it in the first two weeks, comon....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
For all his hysteria what does he want us to use for power.

Solar? Works so so on bright sunny day.

Wind? Works so so when windy.

Hydrogen? Yea, I can see that in every car wreck, big bombs going off. Until we have a safe, stable storage matrix for the hydrogen instead of a tank it will be a problem. Remember science class where a few ounces of hydrogen exploded. How about a car wth several pounds flashing off and exploding? How about distribution? Will everyone have to buy a new vehicle?

I can't see electric cars when batteries only take you forty miles. When they get up to three hundred or more miles at seventy to eighty miles per hour with a short recharge time then they would be practical.

I can't see getting off of oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear for at a while. The science is not there yet.

If there is a big lake of oil pooled on the floor of the gulf, which i doubt, lets suck it up and refine it.

If we don't re-tap that big reservoir of gas and oil we are foolish.

I'm not ashamed to be an American consumer. I still want cheap fuel for my vehicle, cheap electricity for my home and a cheap variety of foods and other goods at the stores.

The oil spill was bad but not an extinction level event. The gulf is not dead just a little sick and the patient will recover.

Finally, Chaos is the ruling force of the Universe.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Maybe he has access to video we dont,

He's got his own sub

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
His description makes zero physical sense. He lives on another planet. He's an old man, losing his ability to speak clearly and coherently. I'm afraid he has started to lose his mind.

matt simmons is brilliant as PROVEN by his track record. i've listened to a lot of what he has said - and there's nothing incoherent about it.

the only one speaking incoherently is you.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451We have all seen the live footage, it has shown oil coming out from the BOP many many times ..

the bop is a massive 4-story-tall structure and is *not* what people are seeing on the videos. the thing we're lookin at is a fraction of the size.

geeesh people .. is everyone suckered in by bp???

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My first post here - Hi everyone.

Originally posted by upstateman

Originally posted by Nomad451We have all seen the live footage, it has shown oil coming out from the BOP many many times ..

the bop is a massive 4-story-tall structure and is *not* what people are seeing on the videos. the thing we're lookin at is a fraction of the size.

geeesh people .. is everyone suckered in by bp???

Actually Matt Simmons said the BOP is 5 story high.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join