It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls for Execution of Wikileaks Whistleblower

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Raises the question of how far some higher ups are willing to go to suppress this kind of activity and perhaps "send a message" to the general public. They obviously take it very seriously, but is it because whistleblowers are now becoming more widely known, considered, and their ideas debated? I believe those in power would like to end the consideration of things all together. Maybe they are perceiving these people that speak out as real threats, or maybe this official is just moron. Either way, I don't see the legitimacy of this accusation. Next thing we know he's going to be accused to supporting a communist agenda.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Us=Nazis
The saga continue 2010 wait and see what they have to offert in 2011

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminati_2012
Us=Nazis

You mean calling for the death penalty for someone who is found guilty of treason after a trial is wrong and makes the US like the Nazis?

And I just love all the posters that think the Congressman ought to "have his head on a pole". You're funny. Whine about someone asking for the death penalty yet crave that man's death. Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Illuminati_2012
Us=Nazis

You mean calling for the death penalty for someone who is found guilty of treason after a trial is wrong and makes the US like the Nazis?

And I just love all the posters that think the Congressman ought to "have his head on a pole". You're funny. Whine about someone asking for the death penalty yet crave that man's death. Pot, meet kettle.

I believe those who say his head on a pole realize that that same congressman is responsible for 1000's of deaths . Calling the kettle to the pot.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsMe
I believe those who say his head on a pole realize that that same congressman is responsible for 1000's of deaths . Calling the kettle to the pot.

Really? This individual Congressman is personally responsible for thousands of deaths? Busy kinda guy, huh?

Got a source for all the hate and violence that this single man has done?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well if the government commits treason against it's own people, shouldn't that government be 'executed' as well?

Seems a fitting punishment for such a crime.

Let's hold these standards to the government.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

actually ill play the devils advocate here......

Im not sure if any of you are familiar with military law, but what he actually DID was TREASON.......as defined there in..........

Punishable by death if seen fit........

i know a lot of you want to hug babies and kiss flowers and sleep in trees and admire rainbows and lick lollipops , but this is the real world.

Maybe what he did was right, maybe it wasnt, Im not here to judge, I just know it could have put a lot of military people at risk and thats treasonous activity......

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

What a brainwashed response. The information released was treasonous to conceal - because it is part of the ongoing propaganda to convince people to endorse and participate in illegal killing.

The govt does not have any right to conceal ANYTHING - at all - the only possible maybe, I would add are actual current deployment of forces and foreign sources or agents names.

Nothing else should be secret - the more you accept secrets, the more you abdicate your right to control your own country - if you don't know anything, how can you reasonably make decisions about it - if you are not involved, or useful in making any decisions - that is not democracy.

If that is treason, then everyone needs to adopt treason as the right course of action - because it is only through continuous exposure that control of the western world can be wrested out of the hands of the plutocrats - and I should add, some more illegal killing of the real criminals should be done, but because they are the ones making the laws - the killings would be need to be extrajudicial.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would like to think there are thousands of people like Manning in Iraq. I mean there is no way he is the only one who had enough crap and wanted to blow the whistle. They cant keep everyone from telling family or friends of things they saw there after they come home. Obviously they cant stop them from telling while they are still there. Either way, this man did not commit a crime in my eyes. If he sent those cables to China or Russia, yea treason. The information was meant for Americans, to help America. How is this treason?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thalogic308
I would like to think there are thousands of people like Manning in Iraq.

There aren't.

Either way, this man did not commit a crime in my eyes.

He did.

If he sent those cables to China or Russia, yea treason. The information was meant for Americans, to help America. How is this treason?

And you don't think that the Chinese or Russians downloaded that info as soon as it was published, like everyone here did?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join