It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls for Execution of Wikileaks Whistleblower

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

It doesn't matter that I come from Germany. For me this is totally unimportant!
Sure Germany had a dark history. But I am not part of it and I am willing to do all that I can to do good, not bad things!

I do only speak as a human being here because we all are human beings no matter where we are from and no matter how we look like!! So all that matters for me are human rights. NO ONE(!) deserves death by others who think they can "judge" this!!! NEVER EVER. If we continue and continue to do this then we have not evolved even the slightest bit. This attitude for me is not acceptable!

This man does NOT deserve death. Period.

Edit: Typos and stuff...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by mrMasterJoe]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm guessing this congressman is a republican?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by ItIsMe
You have to understand first that Corporations have access to all high level secured so call documents. It's these same Corporations that trade secrets and work for other organizations. Why is that? Well obviously money. There deeply involved in everything now.

Observations about your post.

(1) Corporations are responsible for Manny's actions, how?
(2) Sine one person was able to break the law, another person should be able to break the law? So, no one should be held responsible for breaking the law? How do we as a society exist without enforcing laws? Sounds like anarchy.

Ever hear of, "Lead by example"?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Section31]

no it's Corporations that are deeply involved in the Intelligence info around the world now. That really should be worrisome compared to one person revealing top secret documents. I guess it goes both ways. You can argue it both ways, as many have on this topic already.

You have to use common sense with law. Not all laws are healthy to a persons well being. Most laws are used from a Higher Powers well being not yours.

I never said no one should be held accountable for breaking the law that is you saying that.

your reading quite a lot into my post.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ItIsMe

We have laws in place to prevent anarchy. If those laws are not fully upheld, people will end up killing each other tomorrow. Everyone would be turning government secrets over to our enemies. Manny must be made as an example, so that others will understand that 'punishment' follows 'crimes'.

Originally posted by mrMasterJoe
I speak for all human being...

No you don't. You don't speak for my country, nor do you speak for my fellow citizens. You speak only for yourself. This is not science-fiction. This is reality.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by ItIsMe

We have laws in place to prevent anarchy. If those laws are not fully upheld, people will end up killing each other tomorrow. Everyone would be turning government secrets over to our enemies. Manny must be made as an example, so that other will understand that 'punishment' follows 'crimes'.

I speak for all human being as I see myself and all other people as human beings no matter where they are from and no matter how they look like!! All that matters for me are human rights. NO ONE(!) deserves death by others who think they can "judge" this!!! NEVER EVER. If we continue and continue to do this then we have not evolved even the slightest bit. This attitude for me is not acceptable!

No you don't. You don't speak for my country, nor do you speak for my fellow citizens. You speak only for yourself.

So you think - in general - it's ok that a man dies because others think it's their "right" to do so. I will NEVER agree with you on that part.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So you think - in general - it's ok that a man dies because others think it's their "right" to do so. I will NEVER agree with you on that part.

You are ignoring the context, or you are living on Mars somewhere. What we are talking about is a matter of U.S. national security. I know for a fact that Germany kills their traitors.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
so if by the whistleblowers actions someone else dies.

thats pretty much committing murder to me.

for far too long people like this have been able to do what ever they chose to do.

treason is a word that has come into being for a reason.
traitor is also a word that has come into being for a reason.

both words fit this guy.

im not saying this guy should die but if his actions cost someone else thier lives there should be punishment and to me why the hell is that guys life above anothers.

an example must be made as to what it will reallly come im glad im not making the call.

this non stop leaks of national secrets needs to be put at an end.

national security means national security protecting the nation
protecting ever last single person in this country and the millions abroad.

people think to stop and think will my actions lead the the death of a fellow amercian

or meh screw them im just gonna listen to my own personal agenda.

this is the part where every last one of us should say the whole has the greater need than the indvivdual just when it comes to national security.

my thoughts take or leave your free to do whatever:p

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by ItIsMe

We have laws in place to prevent anarchy. If those laws are not fully upheld, people will end up killing each other tomorrow. Everyone would be turning government secrets over to our enemies. Manny must be made as an example, so that others will understand that 'punishment' follows 'crimes'.

man what is your deal? I never said that, you are over emphasizing everything here and missing the point. Fist why would anyone have to hand over secret documents, documents that are seven months past what is occurring now to show what has really happened? Documents that private sectors already have access to as Paid Corporations.

You miss the point on laws but hey I could give you many examples.
also this whole thing with Anarchy? Do you have any idea what the US has caused over the last 20 years in the world?

When someone that has ordered 1000's to be put to death runs around saying that the person that revealed you had put 1000's to death should be put to death that is the biggest BS ever!

But the argument is Law right? and you really sound like you know what's right(rolls eyes)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ItIsMe

You are not listening (or reading) what you are saying (or writing). You are also glossing over what just happened. You need to pay attention to details, but you are refusing to look at what just occurred.

According to your posts, you think this leak is justified. It is not! Regardless about what is gained publicly, Manny committed an act of treason. Period. As my fellow poster above you just said makes perfect sense.

If people end up dying from his act of treason, Manny's actions would make him a murderer. Guess what? It has already happened.

WikiLeaks & Manny Accused of Murder
www.cbsnews.com...

(I am going to leave it here for now. I think the clip above says it all. Nothing more 'currently' needs to be said on my behalf.)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Section31 I think all the leaks are justified.

I don't believe in the US at all and it's about time all the crap they have pulled and lied about comes to light.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Many of them shed light into lies and distortions of the actual situation, including war crimes and multiple cases of civilian casualties.

Challenge: Name 'one bloody war' in which no civilian casualties had occurred?

World War I?
World War II?
Vietnam War?
Civil War?
Revolutionary War?

I think you are misunderstanding what happens during a war. Unfortunately, civilians casualties are inevitably going to occur.

What do you suggest? If World War III were to occur tomorrow morning, should we surrender in order to save innocent civilians? Do we concede our wars and hand over our country to communist or terrorist factions, so that we can save innocent civilians from certain death?

"If you try to save everyone, you end up getting everyone killed."

What do you suggest?

There is a difference between civilian casualties and wanton disregard to human life. One is an acceptable tactical loss, the other is a war crime according to the Geneva Conventions:

(1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
(b) taking of hostages;
(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;
(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

You shall not attack and kill civilians or soldiers who have laid down their arms. Things like bombings and accidental shootings are looked upon poorly, but are not considered war crimes. Intentfully opening fire on civilians are. In these documents when have multiple cases of this, for example:

-

On 4 March 2007, in the Shinwar shooting, U.S. Marines opened fire on civilians after witnessing a suicide bombing and supposedly coming under small arms fire. The Guardian reported their actions: "The marines made a frenzied escape [from the scene of the bombing], opening fire with automatic weapons as they tore down a six-mile stretch of highway, hitting almost anyone in their way – teenage girls in the fields, motorists in their cars, old men as they walked along the road. Nineteen unarmed civilians were killed and 50 wounded."

The Guardian - Afghan War Diaries

-

French troops shot at a bus full of children because it had come too close to a military convoy.

Eight children were wounded in the attack, which took place in the village of Tangi Kalay, near Kabul, in 2008.

Other reports record how a U.S. patrol machine-gunned a bus, wounding or killing 15 of its passengers.

The Daily Mail - Afghan War Diaries

I understand the laws of war, at least better than you.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Section31

cbs LOL!

fine you want some links?

www.therealnews.com...

www.democracynow.org...

www.therealnews.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsMe

Section31 I think all the leaks are justified.

I don't believe in the US at all and it's about time all the crap they have pulled and lied about comes to light.

Of course you do. Since your country gains from those leaks, you couldn't possible have an argument in support of the American people. Your philosophies would not align with those who are trying to protect their secrets.

You made my point. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

actually ill play the devils advocate here......

Im not sure if any of you are familiar with military law, but what he actually DID was TREASON.......as defined there in..........

Punishable by death if seen fit........

i know a lot of you want to hug babies and kiss flowers and sleep in trees and admire rainbows and lick lollipops , but this is the real world.

Maybe what he did was right, maybe it wasnt, Im not here to judge, I just know it could have put a lot of military people at risk and thats treasonous activity......

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

I agree. Maybe fabricating a war with illegitimate excuses puts military people at risk, too. Perhaps that's treasonous activity. I don't know. But if it is, it's not too far to jump to imagine if the world's power does so, maybe they are sending mixed messages to children who are put in decision-making positions with information that they have no concept of how to handle.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You are ignoring the context, or you are living on Mars somewhere. What we are talking about is a matter of U.S. national security. I know for a fact that Germany kills their traitors.

Pls Section31.. The context (the thread) is that a congressman in the US wants the person who caused the leak to be executed. So this thread is about that. And I do not see anything that I was missing with my statements.

Again you are mentioning your country, my country. Again. This does not mean a cent to me. I personally have never, can not and will not support such an insane penalty ever. Although I have no religion I must say "you shall not kill" is one of the foundations I believe in.

I never defend what Germany did. I do not even feel like a German. I am an inhabitant of this planet. So are you. But you prefer to defend YOUR country by saying it's ok to do what they say to do. You obey the laws of your country without questioning them! And you defend a crazy system that supresses and fights anything they need to for conserving their power. You have my pity. The system is in full control of you and you have forgotten to be a human being.

Edit: Typos.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by mrMasterJoe]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
[What is this 1865? I understand that what Bradley Manning alledgedly did was illegal, but should he be put to death if found guilty?
The answer to that is NO.

Why not? The problem with the US is that individuals that do leak or sell classified info just get prison time. I bet our problems in that arena would come to a halt of they were executed for their crimes.

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
This congressman is way out of line and should get in some sort of trouble. There is absolutely no excuse for what he said. I hope he is never able to hold public office again.

So, someone is guilty of breaking the law and you want to give him a medal, and someone that suggests he gets the death sentence should be run from office?

Well, that made about zero sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think knowing what needs to be done, and understanding that you will die for doing it, is beyond comprehension for most of us here. Who are we to argue over this guy and whether what he did was bad or good. Information isn't free, especially the truth, and sometimes, good people in the right position, need to take that risk. Once again, we should applaud him. It isn;t his fault the documents put other soldiers at risk, he didn't post them on the internet, he gave them to a "reporter".

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This call for execution isn't about exacting justice, it is about making a statement to other service men and women. And it is despicable. Brad Manning broke the law and will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. That should be enough for even the most hawkish hardliner.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghrwilson
If anyone has the balls to tell that congress man `Mike Rogers` what you think then here you go. This is still some what a free country after all right? www.mikerogers.house.gov...

Thank you for the link, just gave my piece of mind to Rogers. He probably won't even read it since it won't pass his secretaries, but atleast his secretaries would know how I feel about Mike Roger.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
IMO, it would be very inflammatory to execute someone that half of America thinks did the right thing.

I say we put the military and the government on trial for their war crimes...if found not guilty, then this whistle-blower did the wrong thing and should be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law; however, if it is determined that war crimes were committed and this whistle-blower brought them to light...well, I say let him go free and honor him as a hero.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join