It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls for Execution of Wikileaks Whistleblower

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

A Michigan congressman said this week that if an Army private charged with leaking classified material to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks is found guilty, he should be sentenced to death.

www.foxnews.com...

What is this 1865? I understand that what Bradley Manning alledgedly did was illegal, but should he be put to death if found guilty? The answer to that is NO. If anything he should be given a medal and a hero's welcome home for helping people to realize what is really going on in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This congressman is way out of line and should get in some sort of trouble. There is absolutely no excuse for what he said. I hope he is never able to hold public office again.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
these are the same people that support illegal wars, illegal rapes, illegal killings, corruption

well, if someone deserves to die, it sure isnt the guy who is against all of the above

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This congressman is a moron, ....

How is this whisteblower even a traitor ????

He leaked evidence TO the american people !!! Who the Gov. is supposed to represent, ... not oppress.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Sometimes the Hero dies. He knew what he was getting himself into, and for that I applaud him.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

This is something too few people remember anymore.

We run the country; not them. We vote for whomever we believe will best represent us for the office's term. Ultimately, we are in charge. Congress needs to be reminded of this.

On the positive, being martyred for something like this is awfully suggestive of the kind of government we have. Perhaps people will take notice.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, to be fair, the Congresscrook did say "...if he is found guilty."

I guess that matters.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If anything should be illegal it should be the will to cover up and hide facts. Its funny hove the governmental society view this matter. If a investigator uncovers a crime committed by a citizen its a good thing. But if a soldier a citizen uncovers a governmental crime its jail time or possible death sentence.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Also to be fair treason historically is an offense that was punishable by death, now you would think a congressman would retain judgment until the trial occurs. Now the outrage wont be against the whistleblower itll be against the congressman...hmm we'll see if he gets reelected

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Every soldier in Afghanistan and Iraq are facing the "death penalty" everyday. It's sad that these unnecessary wars are contiually allowed to go on.

Unfortunately the "sheeple" in the U.S. will take the side of the government and condemn Bradley Manning and whoever else is involved in the leaked documents.

Welcome to the government spin zone
Leaked docs HARMFUL

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
But wait...last we heard, Bradley Manning wasn't even charged with the leaked documents, right? Or did I miss something? I think so far all they really have him for is the video?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

actually ill play the devils advocate here......

Im not sure if any of you are familiar with military law, but what he actually DID was TREASON.......as defined there in..........

Punishable by death if seen fit........

i know a lot of you want to hug babies and kiss flowers and sleep in trees and admire rainbows and lick lollipops , but this is the real world.

Maybe what he did was right, maybe it wasnt, Im not here to judge, I just know it could have put a lot of military people at risk and thats treasonous activity......

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Okay. Here's the thing.

I just checked and it looks like he hasn't even been CHARGED yet with leaking the documents. If he has I can't find it. It looks like he HAS been charged with the video. But the article linked in the OP says he's been charged with BOTH?

If not, he's just a SUSPECT as far as the documents go.

So I think this Congresscreep might be a little premature with his call for death.

This needs more digging.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
again, If I were Assange, I would %#$%@ everything and release everything they have on the US

but its possible that Assange is from the CIA trying to get internet censorship ... who knows, lets hope he is not

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Manning hasn't even been charged with the war doc release that I've read, and I follow this to obsession.

He's suspected of downloading and maybe leaking some state dept cables no one has seen.

He's charged with leaking Collateral Murder.

I'd personally support seeing that Congressman getting to go out in the dessert with our govt.'s friend Shiek Issa.

They can show THAT video on the news and I'll watch ads to watch it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Okay...here's another story, with quotes from the Congresscreep...

Link
See the part quoted...

"He releases this information to a third party who they say will make the determination that there's nothing harmful in it, while we know for a fact that there will be people that will likely be killed because of this information being disclosed," Rogers, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from the state of Michigan, said. "That's pretty serious," he added. "If they don't charge him with treason, they ought to charge him with murder."

That sounds like a hypothetical to me. Sound like the Congresscreep was maybe saying, "Say he released..." Or maybe not.

I think Fox may have flubbed this big time. This is what they say...

He is accused of leaking a helicopter cockpit video from Iraq that WikiLeaks posted in April, and a classified cable from the U.S. Embassy in Reykjavik, Iceland, dated Jan. 13, 2010, that also has appeared on WikiLeaks.

Manning also is charged with illegally obtaining more than 150,000 classified State Department cables and leaking more than 50 of them. It's not clear from the charges, though, whether the allegedly diverted documents were those published on the WikiLeaks site.

Again...it doesn't seem he's been charged with the documents.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Really, Mike? If this person released the documents, death should ensue, with out trial?

And we keep electing these mental midgets to serve us.

I won't participate within a system in wheich people get elected who want to ignore our civil rights and just kill us!!!!!

His website, I have already made my views known.

www.mikerogers.house.gov...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here is a Quote from the Congressman that I think says it all, ""He put soldiers at risk who are out there fighting for their country," Rogers said. first of all, this war is not for our country...it is for the corrupt and money hungry people of this country...and I'm guessing that Manning knew that. We have to shift our focus to the beginning...the ones who started this war should pay for their crimes and then it can be decided if Manning did anything wrong, Not the other way around. either way more people like Manning need to come out with more info on these Wars$$ and expose our government and any others that put profit before Human Life. we need to get more intel (DIRT)on our government, why not, they use it on everybody else !

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Okay, now, IF what I posted above is accurate, then is the Congresscreep advocating death for leaking the videotape alone?

is he assuming Manning has been charged with BOTH? Or does he know more?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I understand that what Bradley Manning alledgedly did was illegal, but should he be put to death if found guilty? The answer to that is NO. If anything he should be given a medal and a hero's welcome home for helping people to realize what is really going on in Afghanistan and Iraq.

en.wikipedia.org...
In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of betrayal of one's sovereign or nation.
[snip]
In English law, high treason was punishable by being hanged, drawn and quartered (men) or burnt at the stake (women), or beheading (royalty and nobility). Treason was the only crime which attracted those penalties (until they were abolioshed in 1814, 1790 and 1973 respectively). The penalty was used by later monarchs against people who could reasonably be called traitors, although most modern jurists would call it excessive. Many of them would now just be considered dissidents.

If you want to know how serious governments historically have looked at treason, look up “hanged, Drawn, and Quartered”. Possibly one of the most painful ways to be put to death, and far to explicit to be mentioned on ATS.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by defcon5]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Can I ask if everyone is writing letters into their representatives to tell them you support wikileaks and they aren't going to get away with their mistreatment of the informant or the people will remove them from office.

I think its time they get inundated with letters and phone calls, even lineups outside their offices.

Also, I don't consider employees of the people to have any right to call anyone a traitor, not this group, they are the traitors and the definition is a decision we make.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join