CPS ! i need help ! what souldi do ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
first for you you who know me please forgive me for my bad spelling and such , alo mods if this is not in the correct spot please move it ..thank you so very much !

ok ill try and make this as short as i can .I am a 26 year old father of a two and a half year old boy and a six month old baby girl .. so my wife and i let her brother and his girlfriend move in our house , to help them out .. well long story short they stole from us money and my wife's perscription medication .so we gave them the boot .. well the day after they left i get a knock on my door and its CPS (Child protective services ) i made the mistake of welcoming her into my home cause i was in fear at the time and i was very intimidated . also we had nothing to hide we have a great house with a play room for the kids they both have a room to sleep in i maintain a good family life , i work hard for what i have and i give everyday 110% for my kids ..

no the cps worker was very nice she even stated that within the first five min of meeting us she could tell that the report that was failed on us was most likley retaliation ? .. at that point it clicked since by law she could not tell me who called that was her little hint that it was my wifes brother ..so our conversation lasted about 30 min . she inspected the house and said everything looks great the kids are fine , i then stoped her and asked what the nature of the call was ..she stated that there was a complaint of strong drug use , prescription drugs ,weed ,ect .i laughed and said hey listen we dont do that stuff ,i then told her when i was a kid that stuff messed up my family bad , i then took it upon my self not knowing any of my rights ,i said hey ill take a drug test to clear that up ,she then said thats just what i was going to ask ,she said will you summit to a urin test you and your wife ,without hesitation we both said yes no problem and we will go down right away ..and we did ..

so here i am at the testing place and feeling like a dirtball thinking man how could someone stoop so low to call cps and try getting our kids taken away . not only was her brother taking from us but he was taking from his self thats his neese and nephew , so i was called to test and i brought all the medication i had just to be on the safe side medication that i have not taken for months such as vicoden ,naproxin
i was not sure at the time if that would even show up in a pee test ,so as i walked in i handed this man my bottle and he shook it and asked was where the vicoden was i told him i left it at home in a bag he then said Oh man with a laugh ? i said why oh man he then said cause i could sure use one right now? this pissed me off cause i was sitting there thinking this guy who is testing people might possibly be a on drugs himself ? so i said to him and this is all i said and i did have a bit of an attude i said man thats not cool! he then said what ? i replyed never mind . so as i was peeing in this cup i he was behind me doing somthing i thought he was going to watch me pee in it witch he did not .after i filled the cup i handed it to him ,he was not wearing gloves ,he put the test strip in the cup and waited for about 2 min then looked at me and said WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU TOOK OXYCOTTIN ! my heart dropped i said what ! dude are you serious ? he said ya also it looked like you have benzodiazepines in your system ! i did not even know what that was at the time , i started to shake in fear at this point .. all the thoughts of how my kids would be taken away ran through my head .. as i walked out i seen my wife in the hallway and told her what i had tested positive for ! she was floored ,the feeling i had was a feeling of the lowest darkest of anyfeeling i have ever had i felt dirty i felt ashamed ..but for the life of me i could not figure out how i got this dirty test .. i was determind to figure this out .. i asked the guy who tested me what now? he then said well you can send it away to have it tested again but its going to cost twenty dollars , i said fine lets do it ..so my wife came out with her test and everything was fine all clean.

so we left the testing place ,i was very quiet most of the way home racking my brain trying to figure it out ,then it hit me ! i need to figure out what benzodiazepines are
so i got home and looked it up and they are anti anxiety meds like valum and such
,now how did i test positive for this and oxy? i have never taken any of this stuff in my life ! the only thing i can think of is this .one the guy who tested me was not wearing gloves ,two he set this all up so he could get the twenty dollards ,three the night i went out to the club with my brother inlaw i must have got a spiked drink ? but that was a week past .

to make the matters even worse the cps worker came back to the house and told my wife not to let me be alone with the kids and that it would have to stay this way untill i stested clean . at this point i cant even type how i felt .. i was very depressed and sad and now there was a possible trust issue going on with my wife that i could not figure out ! .. my wife kept asking me .chris are you sure you did not take anything that night you can tell me i wont be mad ! .. i would reply no babe i swear i did not i would not ever i would tell you the truth .

so then a week passed the worker came back and told me i needed to test again i said ok ill do it ..i left her and my wife to talk . soon after the worker left my wife came at me with more questions . once more i assured her i have not i would not!
i decided to look online my rights and see if maybe any one els out there had simuler storys .i could not find any other storys like mine but i did find anything .

so here we are today and i still have not tested cause i am very scard to go and test
the worker called me and told me that i am playing games and that if i dont go test she will take away my kids ..i started to tell her how i felt and why i was scard she then told me i was a lire and i was leing to my wife and then get this!!!!!! she goes ARE YOU ON SOMTHING RIGHT NOW!!?!?! i said excuse me ? i said no i am not on anything ! so she then said if i dont get that test by friday i am going to close your case saying that you tested dirty and you will not be able to be around your kids alone ..now she knew the situataion and the story and she was so nice to my face but behind my back she was very evil

CONTINUED

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
she then said i dont understand you you sould like your intoxicated let me talk to your wife
so very loudly i said here anna she thinks i am on drugs
and i tossed the phone to her keeping it on speaker
i listend to this cps worker try and convince my wife that i was
acloset case drug addict and that i am lying to her and that
she sould consider an exit plan for my kids ,cause she has seen this
stuff be4 .at that point my wife knew that it was not longer me
she was wondering about that it was her and this messed up cps system

so with that said ,i am stuck i am scard ,i dont know what to do
i am afraid to go test , i need some advice and i know you can
help me out ats .. so please as a man on his knees please tell me
what can i do ?

thank you so much

love

NEPHI

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Nephi1337]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well as a father, I can empathize completely with your situation. I am not sure your legal recourse on this, I can only speculate that you have to play the game.
I am always very skeptical of drug tests I have seen people test positive and it was because of results being mixed up. Why don't you buy a home drug test kit and see what happens? Im not sure how those things work but it may ease your mind a little. Just a suggestion before you decide to go with their test again. Hang in there

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

ya i thought about that but would cps exsept that ? i am just very afraid to go and test in fear of another dirty pee test ... i need to figure out what my rights are

thank so very much for your reply

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
First of all I can sympathize with your situation . You first need to remain calm and and act proper .get to a indipendent clinic for a urine test .mention its for a job driving truck . They will give you the data .H ang on to it as it is yours . The guy taking your samples originally may have contaminated it not being carfull enough.If you eaven have some sort of trace elements of something dosent mean you are on them .There are studies that show medication in our water sources have these . It could be coming from your source of drinking water .All the best to you ,take care and peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am giong to assume CPS will not accept a home test, I would be very surprised if they did. Generally its done at a doctor's office or a specific facility that handles that type of thing.

But you can go take the test to see if you test clean at home. Then if you go in and test dirty again then something weird is definitely going on. Its possible your test results got mixed up or there was a false positive.

Was this at a lab you took the test? I've had to take multiple tests for jobs and not once did I ever get the results back even that day, much less right away.

Here is a website that has some things that can get you a false positive: www.askdocweb.com...
You may want to peruse the list and see if there is anything on there you may have taken. Cows head pills (Chinese herb) contain benzodiazepines; for an example from the above site.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

man thank you so much i did not think of the drinking water , i have read some things on ats about our drinking water in the us ,but i am wondering if there are other people out there in my situation , and how can i prove to cps that it was contaminated , also i forgot to ad i did ask her about the results of my pee test that was sent away and she said that she called the place and spoke with the guy who tested me and he said it showed the same results ,this does not in anyway mean that i am going to settle for what that man told her i am going to fallow up with that clinic that my pee test was suposidly sent to and ask them if they ever reseveid it , if they did then i am eliminate that guy but ,just to fill you in a bit on this guy , and i do not judge people i am not the type to do that by apperance ,but this guy man this guy tattoed head to toe and he had very blood shot eyes and just seemed slow in his speach , i also have tattos and i am not judgeing him but he seemed to be on somthing ,but i cant just say that to the cps worker ..

thank you for your reply so very much

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

this lab or place rather that tested me ,they had same day results it was like a two min result the guy had a strip with lines and letters that he diped into the urin cup and i rember it had pink lines on it just the prego tests

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
also to all i want to say that ,you who have children can very possibly find your self in my situation ,be very cairful .all it takes is one phone call of lies and they will be at your house the very next day , and the crappy part about all of this is that if you say no to any of their requests then it will cause reson for suspicion . and after that you will be in the system and then your back will be agenst the wall .. .. i dont know its just sad how we dont even have the right to take cair of our kids they way we would like to the state dictates how to do that for you if you find your self in my position

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

You are quite welcome ...If you wanted to you could also take a sample of your water supply as well ...Who knows . best of luck once again and peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

thank you my good man , ill certanly build my case thats about all i can do at this point but i am just now satarting to wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you really are worried about your water then you can get it tested by the same company that tests the water at the White House.

www.watertestamerica.com...

It costs $199.00 for the complete test, but it may be worth it.

I would also suggest you speak to a lawyer.

Hopefully this is a lesson, that you can not trust our justice system, as it is designed to turn you into a criminal one way or another. The more information you freely give the more they can use against you.

I really don't know what to suggest, as CPS is a ruthless organization that utilizes the safety of children in order to literally turn lives upside down.

There are also laws that protect those who call CPS to make false reports. There is no limit on how many times they can call or what kind of lies they tell. Their identities are protected and it is almost impossible to get them for harassment.

I wish you luck and pray that this nightmares passes quickly so you and your family can return to normal.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Perhaps you should get a full suite of tests/ blood work etc, to satisfy your own mind, that your have not inadvertently taken some nefarious substance.

Armed with these comprehensive results, how you should proceed will become much clearer.

I don`t know if you would need an affidavit from the doctor also ...... if the tests prove negative , tack as much authority to your submission as possible.

Its worth the added cost ...... considering the alternatives.

You need to act next ........ don`t let the CPS be the initiator of the next action. Get in there with your case .

Get a good lawyer, preferable one well versed in such actions.

Your relationship with your kids is priceless .

A painful lesson for you - a cautionary tale for us all.

Good Luck ! ........... i hope you are telling us the truth .

[edit on 3-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Dude, go talk to a lawyer asap! All I know of CPS (thankfully) is secondhand, and she is acting like most of em do. Fact is CPS has a very broad scope of power (it's for the kids you know!).

States decide the extent of CPS authority, so you will need to research you own laws, nut in conservative Idaho where I live, here's a great example of how CPS serves as a totalitarian tool:

abcnews.go.com...

Sure they do protect many children, and good for them, but based on heresay and anonymous tips, these SOB's absolutely destroy innocent people's lives. In your case, could the police compel you to take a drug test cause some guy called em up and accused you? Nope...but CPS sure can

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Dude, I don't know what state you're in, but I'm in Calif. I work at mental health, but often am working with many cases coordinated with CPS, so I'll give you the skinny of what I know.

If you can afford and attorney, talk to one immediately. If not, you're going to have to play their game and jump through the hoops to fully restore your parental rights. (i.e., go to drug or alcohol groups, get counseling, or whatever plan you and your caseworker agree on). Go ahead and test again for them BUT request either a different lab or ask if a social work aid can accompany you (a male, if you have to urinate in front of someone).

Once you "complete" your agreed upon plan and all goes well (usually about a 3 to 6 month timeframe), they will close the case and you'll be done with it. Believe me, they really don't want any more cases than they have to have because they are flooded with referrals and horribly understaffed. We've made dozens of reports on kids who really ARE in trouble and nothing gets done at all.

Keep in mind that eating poppy seeds will make you test positive for opioids, the compound that is the base for heroine, codeine, oxycodone, oxycontin, vicodin, NorCo, Fentanyl, Dilaudid, etc. It was even tested on the show "mythbusters" where Jaime ate a piece of lemon poppyseed cake and within 45 minutes he came up +

Opioids will only stay in your system a couple of days, max. Same for benzos. Only marijuana will stay in your system for a long time, up to 30 days because it binds to fat cells.

Hope that helps and good luck!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've dealt with this myself, and from the look of things, you are stuck with them for a while.

I was a bit hostile at first, same as you, I would advise against it.

You'll have to jump through their hoops for a few months, and when they decide they've destroyed you enough, they'll let you off the hook.
In the meantime, see if your or your wife's mother can come live with you. This way, you are never around the child(ren) unsupervised, and they will not be removed from the home.
Then, go to the classes, attend the meetings, (no need to attend the "anonymous" ones, just get the schedule, maybe create a contact to CYA)
Soon, the government worker will grow tired of visiting you, and sign you off.

Here's how it works: your first contact from them was a very new and low level employee. If this new employee doesn't recommend enough families to be torn apart, they will lose their place at the government teet. Therefore, you are screwed.

Next, they'll assign you a slightly higher level wanna-be-bureaucrat. (who may decide to give you a hint who reported you, when they have realized you're not torturing your children)
This particular worker has made it past the first level, and will either be: nuts, in which case you'll just have to ride it out, or, reasonably minded and jaded enough to give you enough information to get out of this situation as soon as possible.

That's about all you can probably do at this point; gather all the information you can, and even take notes as you go, and get your family though this as quickly and painlessly as you can.

Your other alternative would be to leave the state.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You 100% HAVE TO get an attorney NOW. CPS can do whatever they please and can and will take your children away.

Borrow money from anyone and everyone you know. This is not something to take lightly. They took away my friends children because she was in the hospital for a month after a surgery and will not return her kids. Seriously- get a lawyer now!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can imagine one false positive, ... but two ??

Thats pretty freakin unbelievable, .... the funny thing is, most people who do oxy also do benzo's, .... even if your brother spiked you, oxy is out of your system in about two days.

So if you were, ... I hope you quit, .... however benzo's can stay in your system for weeks. I reccomend getting one of those herbal cleaners for like fifty bucks, ... you take it an hour before you test, ... to be on the safe side.

If what your saying is true, ... get a blood test from your doctor, and provide that to cps. Or if you test dirty again, have another person test you.

If you are clean, ... there is no reason you should be testing dirty, ... the workers dont dip their fingers in your urine or anything. But yeah, .. get an independant test done.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
One thing to consider, if it really is your drinking water/tap water, then why didn't your wife test positive as well?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
thanks to you all for your replys .. i am so very thankful .and very sad very very sad .. i have no rights here it just sucks knowing that at any time we can be subject to this at the hands of a pissed off person ..this is not right ..it makes me want to leave CA, even more ..its so sad to think that there are so many more kids out there that really need a cps worker to come save them and it wont happen cause they are at my house ...what a sad state i live in .. thank you all so much truly your info was the only thing that lifted my sprits today .as i sit here and look at my two beautiful children i promis that no matter what ill never let theese people take them ..if i have to be put down or go to classes ill do it ... but if they do come to take my kids they better take me out first cause daddy will not stop ... thank you all very much

love nephi

top topics

<<   2 >>

join