It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else agree with me on this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Does anyone else on ATS agree that the U.S is on a nonstop ride to a collapse of the country? Maybe I'm just seeing something no one else sees. What are your thoughts on the U.S current image and how it will play out in the coming years.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The only thing I see is the government spending money they dont have, and it can't go on like that.

If a private citizen spends money he doesn't have, aka credit card debt, then he or she is going to end up in the s**t.

Sooner or later the system has to say NO to more spending. You have to ask yourself, why are people, in the so called richest country in the world on food stamps, and the government is spending BILLIONS on a war that doesn't exist, then the jig is UP.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by downunderET]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

America and Europe are both on the road to ruin. The only thing propping up these financial corpses is the stimulus money that was printed out of thin air. The American economy collapsed in 2008, the FED just kicked the can down the road a few years by creating money from nothing. There is no way to pay back to money we owe to China and the rest of the world. It's coming, be ready.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Slow down there! The crash is not coming till after a couple more exits.
I can write a lot what is going wrong with the current state this country is going through. I do agree these two wars are causing us to lose money, lives of our soldiers and innocent civilians and our image over seas is being ruined as well.
Also becoming a welfare state is not going to help the people only make things worse then it already is now.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I see us approaching a collapse as well, not being a doom and gloom kind of guy, however the fed will do all kinds of stuff to keep us from doing that. Unless drastic changes are made, it is ultimately inevitable, but hopefully those of us in the middle that can see what is happening can force the changes needed through every legal mean available to us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

It's coming, be ready.

Maybe this is exactly what we need.

Maybe we need to get back to the basics in order to appreciate what we once had.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Like a phoenix being consumed by fire and then being reborn in it's ashes.
That would be a great logo!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes the collapse is almost inevitable now.

Perhaps then we can move away from this slavery to the only truly sustainable system.

A cashless system.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The inevitable fracture of the Union, and continuous civil wars, until a dictatorship rises to power. Something like that.

I think the dictatorship is far away though... 50 to 100 years from now.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

These mentioned things are just the tip of the iceberg.
We have no industry either, nothing is made in the US anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In my view its not just the US, its the entire economy.
And its about time.

We as people have gone from farming and industrial production and making real goods to an information age where greed exploded exponentially.

People wanting riches, investing in all kind of financial paper tools, the whole thing is based on a lie.

Fractional reserve has to go.

We need a real value or work effort based system.

I feel there will be change and growth pains as we move through it, and hopefully this will wake up everyone and realise we've been slaves all along.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

r u kidding half the "whacko right wing" blog world thinks the same thing. If you don't see it then you're blind.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
From my vantage point, I don't see resolution to the myriad of very, very serious problems our country faces anytime in the near future. I would anticipate that we have a pretty reasonable chance to see our country continue to decay in the months and years ahead.

We are on a downward spiral in so many ways -- not just material, but also in terms of the culture, the immorality, the depravity, and the spiritual side of our country. Regardless of your religious persuasion, the hand of the Almighty protecting this country is slowing being lifted, and we are starting to see this country unravel.

The weather anomalies, the economic uncertainties, the high unemployment, the deficit, the collapse of the real estate market, the Mexican border issues, the wasteful and needless wars, the clash of cultures....I could go on and on.

About the only positive thing that I have to say is that the average American is pretty ingenious, and very independent. It would take some technical know-how, but the average American could happily return to an agrarian lifestyle if needed. We are going to need a self-sufficient outlook in the years ahead, as the world as we know it continues to collapse around us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

These mentioned things are just the tip of the iceberg.
We have no industry either, nothing is made in the US anymore.

NOT true! We lead china in the manufacture of inmates- by a million.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

You had me until you started talking about the "Almighty". There are numerous ways to save our country, however praying over it, I do not believe to be one of them. First things first, all foreign aid is stopped, all farm subsidies, we seize the assets equal to the amount we have invested in any business, and with the banks, only the true assets. We need to stop the bleeding and help ain't coming from above.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sure seems Awfully quiet. I can only hope that some new American Genius
comes rolling down the Pike. Kinda like the whole invention of the Computer,
Internet, and ALL the goods connected to that. I mean everything from the raw
materials and software, to literature. Think of the invention of the automobile
as well in those terms. Think of the jobs and economic boosts that result.
I can only hope that all the chatter about Darpa, DOD, JPL, etc. being 50
years+ ahead of what technology is available to the public domain is true,
and that they are going to pull a rabbit out of Uncle Sams Hat. Otherwise
we're sunk. Or at least just "bailing out the ship." That isn't very comforting
if we don't know where the ship is headed. Lastly, I can't imagine what invention would bring back the daily extinction of species, the gene pool,and the general depletion of the natural resources of the planet.

Well, I guess I'll just go out and buy a new IPhone and everything will be
just peachy.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

LOL, no IPhone for me, I can barely use the POS I have now. Everyone wants to scream that the government is killing us, but the thing that confuses me, I never see any options presented. If you are for smaller government, why do you want troops on the border, isn't that an increase in federal power? Screaming that we are being screwed while offering no answers is nothing but screaming.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Our financial system is failed. There is no doubt about it.

To describe our situation as a collapse sounds to final. This isn't the end of our country it is a change that has been in the works from the beginning.

We are still young as far as countries go. We have come full circle in many of our efforts to be a great country.

It will be a rough row to hoe but we will survive.

We need a big change. Our youth are spoiled and their priorities are nothing like I've ever seen.

It is a must that we become self sufficient and stop being bottle fed by our government.

I sense the change. It's coming fast. You will wake up one morning and won't believe what you are seeing on the news.

Many good people are working very hard to make our country great again and they will succeed.

Oh you faint of heart. Don't count us out yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Big or Small government has nothing to do with the task at hand.
Protecting the borders is the responsibility of the Federal Government.
It matters not whether considered "big" or "small".
That judgement lies only in "Lady Liberty's Eyes" . If you catch my drift.
As far as complaining, I do not see the OP's angle as that, nor my response.
Rather it is a matter of observation. This thread appears to be more about
the economic downturn and members feelings/insights about it.
If you wish to discuss International Sovereign Border Law and complaints,
I would suggest that you start a thread of your own relating to that.
I would be happy to reply. Stay on track no derailments of this train.

top topics

join