It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy guns will have to be licensed in Queensland under new firearms laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Toy guns will have to be licensed in Queensland under new firearms laws

www.heraldsun.com.au

ANY ITEM that looks like a gun will have to be licensed under several changes to the Weapons Act being considered by the Queensland State Government.

Even guns made out of materials as unlikely as soap or plastic may have to be kept under lock and key if they could "reasonably be taken to be a weapon".

The draft act says an imitation is a "reasonable copy" of a weapon that is not capable of causing death or injury.

"If it looks like a gun and feels like a gun, it will have to be licensed," said a government source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The next level of population disarming?

Queensland, what are you trying to achieve with this stupidity?

It seems completely unreasonable to try and regulate all forms of look-alike weapons and even toys! Bah, what a joke! These measures will probably not stop criminials from getting guns, so why try and persecute others?

I just don't get it.

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Are they serious? This is government out of control. They really have lost their minds. Its up to the people of Australia to stand up and say no to this nonsense.

I just can't imagine having to resigter my water pistol. What a bunch of morons.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The BATF in the states recently impounded a retailers whole import of airsoft toys with no law even to back it up, and the retailer still has to go to court to get them back.
IMHO
This isn't innocent, it's a world wide concerted effort to put the thumb down on the peeps....
They also want to acclimatise the kids to 1984 type police state restrictions to eventually domesticate everyone.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The draft act

I think "The DAFT act" seems more apt

The world is going mad.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
I just can't imagine having to resigter my water pistol. What a bunch of morons.

Well. They're argument would probably be "You squirt water at somebody and they could slip on the water, fall, and break their neck. Thus a water-pistol SHOULD be deemed a deadly weapon."

What are they going to do afterward. Make people register penis-enlargement pills? Because you can take too many and then your penis gets too big to where you might use it as a club to beat people with?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
...now that, to me, is going a tad overboard...

...I see that article does however say its currently unsure how the draft act will affect Toy Guns...would be good to lay our eyes on the draft act and have a good read.

Checked the QLD Police Website and haven't found it...so if anyone stumbles upon it, please link us to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All you guys over there in Queensland go down to the toy shops and buy up every single cheep and cheerful toy gun then flood the authorities with thousands and thousands of applications... If I'm correct for each and every application a police officer has to come and inspect your set up, make sure you can lock your water pistols up reasonably.

See how long the law stays then.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Typical Queensland knee-jerk reaction to a ridiculous incident involving a toy gun.
Attempted robbery 'just a joke'

It is sensational rubbish that will go nowhere and has more than likely only even been brought up as an issue due to the impending Federal election.

Nanny state indeed!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Oh boy, this is just too funny.

ANYONE dumb enough to use a Toy Gun as an assault weapon, and then gets shot because of it, deserves what they get, simple as that.

What are they putting in the water over there?

Gun license for a water gun. ::falls on floor laughing::

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by damn_ummmm
Typical Queensland knee-jerk reaction to a ridiculous incident involving a toy gun.
Attempted robbery 'just a joke'

It is sensational rubbish that will go nowhere and has more than likely only even been brought up as an issue due to the impending Federal election.

Nanny state indeed!

Funny I live in Queensland right next to Robina where that incident happened yesterday . The strange thing is this only happened yesterday and they have already drafted legistlation ? Strange ! Sounds like Port Arthur to me . What the hell is going on here ? Queensland has the largest number of gun owners in the country , this is suspect . Something is going on here , something is coming down the pipes . Queensland has always been in the dark ages politicly compared to the rest of the country but this is over the top for that little incident and is disportionate to the event . Like we don't have real armed hold ups here every other day . A draft in under 24 hrs ???? I don't think this will stay limited to Queensland long term .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You can guarantee that this was thought up by some dumb woman Politician ,of which we have plenty of them in Australia ,at one point some group of women wanted to ban pointed knives ,how ridiculous.what if i find a tree branch in the back yard that looks like an ak ? do i have to register that ?how idiotic .The coalition for gun control is run by brainless twit Rebecca Peters and some snag grovelling male , no doubt they would have a part in this .Probably just a prelude to a banning of toy guns,replicas ,home made toy guns etc ,it would be impossible to implement the Registration of every toy gun etc ,just another NWO stepping stone to a complete ban .Then the next major step, culling the popultion .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

What are they putting in the water over there?

Fluoride

You should see our Transport Laws regarding Vehicle modification, its almost to the point if its not factory its illegal. Legally I can only increase the tyre size diameter on my Jeep by 15mm and suspension lifts by only an extra 1/3 of original travel. But thats a whole other argument

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Trigger82]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
How dare you people mock such legislation!

Do you know how vicious water gun fights can be?!

One kid pulls his water pistol, the next kid pulls his. Every kid pulls there's and then we have a mexican standoff.

One subtle movement, water starts flying and EVERYONE IS GETTING WET. It's an absolutely horrifying scene!!!

We need to keep water guns out of kids hands!!

top topics

join