It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please remember not to vote!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
good post randyvs!!

I've been thinking the very same thing

along these lines

a. with electronic voting they are taking information about you
b. if no one turned out to vote THEY would be scared s@#$less
no more voting for me

you're right voting just proves you're insane

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

you're right voting just proves you're insane

Scary isn't it?
You got guts enough to realise.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
simple not voting ?
they dont care, they can still win.
best to Wright on all candidates boxes.
“no confidence,”
or have a group rip them up and put them in a bin.
with the news there.
I have not voted for about 16 years.
for the good it has done

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Great Thread!!

At some point we have to stop playing their game, we have to withdraw from it entirely.

I stopped voting before the last election, because I understood they needed my vote to keep the game in place. You have to work outside the game to overcome it, you can't keep your hands in it when you're trying to change it. You're relying on the system to change the system, it will never work. We have to do things completely different to create a better world, and it won't come through voting.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Voting is partially, PARTIALLY, what got us into this mess, it will not be what gets us out of it. Voting takes your responsibility and puts it onto someone else to initiate change, and we've seen, time and time again, where that leads us.

That is my personal perspective.

Be In Peace

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Asmus]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I am a non-voter. I always have been and I most likely always will be. Why? Because I see the way politicians treat their positions, with complete lack of respect and concern for the constituents. I see the way they lie to get into office. I see the way they waste money. I see the way they are bought and paid for by corporate interests. I will not vote for that behavior. My conscience simply won't allow it.

I realize that my vote is my "voice" in terms of the election and who is put into office. However, I view my non-vote as my "voice" as well. By not voting I am refusing to endorse any political candidate.

I refuse to endorse any candidate who feels the need to dump any funding into a campaign rather than allowing their track record to speak for itself.

I refuse to endorse any candidate who is in a political party.

I refuse to endorse any candidate who is out of touch with those of us who are in poverty, or in the lower or middle classes.

I refuse to endorse any candidate who receives funding from any other parties, entities, companies, lobbies, etc.

I refuse to endorse any candidate who engages in public smear campaigns which target one or more other candidates, or is associated with advertisements which put another candidate in a negative light.

I refuse to endorse any candidate who has an education and/or a career in law.

The list could go on. Believe me, I have thought about this quite a bit. Unfortunately, by the time I get through all of my criteria, I have pretty much eliminated every candidate.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Interesting. Seems not voting is also the lazy way out. Why not start running for some sort of elected office?

Seems to me that doing nothing at all is worse than pretending your vote counts.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
honestly everyone I think this should be a movement

can you imagine what the reaction from TPTB if we refused to play their game?

picture it,they would be terrified

and the next step would to ignore them and don't go to their parties

no voting, no going to appearances ,nothing ,nobody take their pictures nobody show up at their town meetings or speeches , NOTHING!

they would freak out!
they wouldn't know what to do their all attention whoresif we stopped being interested in them they might actually die

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No argument from me. You've pretty much summed up in a nutshell what i've been ranting about for some time now. This is the first year I'm not going to vote. screwem'

It's not a democracy, it's picking between... eating chit or eating chit with corn in it.

I'd rather starve.

oh, and the green party? .....anyone want some warm urine to wash down that hunk of corn chit?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Godz Enigma]

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Godz Enigma]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
IMO, anyone who thinks that voting is going to change anything in the grand scheme of things, is a few cards short of a full deck.

What a waste of time, energy, and in some cases....life. Wake up. Stop feeding the beast.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
2 parties? 3 parties? I say no parties. What do they do besides promote group think and consolidate douches into cliques that are easier to bribe. They also are used to divide people against themselves, as is pretty clear today.

I also hate the fact that I do not get to vote for someone I think is good for the job, I get to vote for who a party thinks is good for the job.

Seriously, in your new revolution, lets get rid of parties altogether. As well as bribes/lobbying.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There IS more than one way to vote.

Jury nullification state you no longer believe in the legislation, color of law, that they are passing.

The other is to directly cause them problems, that is your choice.

I myself, for over 15 years do not belong to the system, that is another vote.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Or you could just vote for people who feel the same way on issues as you do. If enough people do the same, then you're onto a winner.

Since when did giving up at the first hurdle and making it that little bit easier for those you oppose to implement all sorts of policies that you oppose change things?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LeftWingLarry

I used to think that, but it has come to my awareness that TPTB require consent ,oh they are allowed to trick you into consent they can bully and torture you into consent but it still qualifies as consent

the only way to win is if they throw a party don't go say no over and over until it sinks in. You can still go to parties but don't go to theirs

cumulative no's ad up to a no to all their agendas

I'm not going to vote as long as Black Panthers are allowed to strong arm the polling places,and other such nonsense

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if you vote or not, it's the electoral college that decides, not you - you just have in on good faith their going to vote with the majority, but they really can do what they want.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
No matter what you do, PLEASE DON"T VOTE?
For anything ever anymore.
I suggest to you, that in todays world, your vote only condones, the things we see going on in Washington today.

You're playing right into their hands... The less votes there are, the easier it is to install a non-democratically elected government.

Voting is your only weapon and chance to change things.

Korg.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So in other words randy, to elicit change, we should do nothing? You didn't really think this one through did you mate!

IRM

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think that the first part of the solution is disengaging from the game we've all been contributing to, that's been holding us back from using our own communities and personal empowerment to elicit real change. Reliance on the system/game/program has done just that, kept us reliant on the system/game/program for change. Feeling that perhaps the only way to create change by voting, is part of the problem, not the solution.

The solution is by no means not voting, and then becoming apathetic and not doing anything but sitting back in your chair, and I don't think people are directly suggesting that, they just may not be elaborating on it further, which is also part of the problem.

So, we stop voting to begin the ending of our participation in the system/game/program, what's next? How else may we contribute? What should I do? Part of the solution also requires you to seek within yourself personal abilities and contributions that can benefit others. Nobody else can show this to you, or tell you how, but you. You are responsible for making the change you want to see in the world, to be a shining example of that change. Maybe for some it is simply bringing awareness to the game/system/program, for others it may engaging in organizing community gathering to work together on a more fundamental grassroots level, lessening the dependency on the game/system/program to live freely. Maybe the best way for you to contribute is to depict the world you want to be apart of in your art or music, and sharing that with the world, or maybe writing a speech for one of your classes expressing your ideas and innovations on how to catalyze change.

And that's what we need isn't? Ideas, new ideas, the evolution of ideas. Do your own searching, your own thinking, does voting work for you? Is it creating a better world for you and your children, and your children's children? If it is, then continue forward, and be as educated as you can be about how you vote, but if it isn't, then start formulating your own ideas and solutions to the problem, then we are headed in a positive direction.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Asmus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I say you are right, Randyvs.

s&f

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
reply to post by LeftWingLarry

I used to think that, but it has come to my awareness that TPTB require consent ,oh they are allowed to trick you into consent they can bully and torture you into consent but it still qualifies as consent

If they're really as powerful as you say, then I doubt they care whether or not you tick a box.

the only way to win is if they throw a party don't go say no over and over until it sinks in. You can still go to parties but don't go to theirs

I'm sure they care about you making it easier for them by not voting for anybody who opposes them.

cumulative no's ad up to a no to all their agendas

Again, I doubt they care. Most people just don't vote because they're lazy or apathetic, anyway.

I'm not going to vote as long as Black Panthers are allowed to strong arm the polling places,and other such nonsense

Your loss.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by LeftWingLarry]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Of the people I've talked with when campaigning for the conservative party, those that say "I'm not going to vote" it's easy to deduce their reasoning.

1. They think their voice will not be heard and their vote won't count anyway in the greater scheme of things.

2. They have no interest in politics, or don't understand the implications

3. They don't want to feel responsible if they vote for a government that fails them

Apart from point 3, all are the failings of politicians to really engage with the population. Even in light of using mediums such as twitter or facebook, people seem to view politics and politicians as stuffy out of touch people.

of course there are some politicians that are indeed stuffy in thier points of view but this is far from the norm. I'm happy to say that politics is filled with younger up and coming people with fresh ideas.

Don't do your country an injustice and be apathetic when it comes to your and your fellow subjects or citizens future.

Take the time to know what the parties stand for and vote for the party that fights for the ideals that closest meet your own.

You can't change a system over night without a coup or a revolution, and trust me when I say this, neither of these options can be exercised with any effectiveness in any of the developed countries of the world.

I hope my words are of benefit to you and to any person whom feels not voting is the answer.

Peace out,

Korg.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join