It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please remember not to vote!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The bottom line is that you have a voice in your gov't. BUT only on voting day.

Use your vote wisely. That doesn't mean one of the preferred 2. Use it wisely and see that there can be a future.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do you mean a traitor? Because I can't really Trade the Constitution as I don't have the original document. I don't see how I'm betraying it as the whole voting system is set up in that document, but whatever it's your opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well I aplogize for the wrong doings that have caused you to be so down about voting. I get the point you are trying to make, but you have to step back, and look at things from a different view. Life isn't so gloomy, you have to see the reason again.

There will be a day, where it is clear what the people need to do, and we will stand up, but its going to come with the accumulation of emotions, and emotions like this aren't going to bring it about. You have to reverse your thinking and stay strong.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Myendica

Right now voting proves you are insane. Have the Good humor guys
waiting at the polls. I have never cast a vote for anything ever, and at this rate never will.
If you don't make it to the polls, then how do you vote on your local officials at least? How do you vote on the latest batch of ordinances and props?

Not voting is a gesture of resignation, not rebellion.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Zaxxon]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Actually I don't even blame the two party system.....

It only exists because we allow it too.

So the fault lie's with the people. The faceless masses of American Idol watching, Mcdonalds eating Primates.

If you stood in line at a polling boothe and asked each one of these neanderthals why they were voting they way they were, .... they would prolly come at you with a catchy sound bite like " because their a breathe of fresh air" or " It's time for a change".

The system will not change untill the people of this country stop giving their consent to be raped and pillaged. Not only do they give their consent they wear t-shirts, bumperstickers, ... wave flags. They might as be yelling out " take my rights and money"

But their so brain dead on day time tv and nitrates in their food they don't really care as long as they get home in time to watch " Keeping Up With The Kardashians"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank for the reminder but I am sure I will not forget to not vote. Nothing worth voting for - there usually isn't but so much more so now.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

so if we don't vote then that means the crooks will still vote and they will have the final say in who gets to decide what happens! Not a good idea

yes i voted today. but since i'm not a dem or rep i could only vote on the local and state issues that was on the ballot today.

one of them being Missouri Prop C heres My thread about it.

So if i would have taken your advice and not voted for anything today then there is the possibility that the crooks in washington would be able to fine Missouri citizens for defing OBAMACARE without us putting up a fight! Sorry but any chance i get to stick it to the federal Guberment i'm going to take. And threads and people like you aren't helping the situation in America. your advocating the continuation of the same lies and crimes!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Do you mean a traitor? Because I can't really Trade the Constitution as I don't have the original document. I don't see how I'm betraying it as the whole voting system is set up in that document, but whatever it's your opinion.

If you are making light of the fact that I get a lil to excited about this kind of thing. All I can say is, you do have some proof there don't you?

Because you are voting for it's enemies. Go back start over read again you don't seem to understand anything I'm saying here. Come back try again .Damn.

Mercenary

So if i would have taken your advice and not voted for anything today then there is the possibility that the crooks in washington would be able to fine Missouri citizens for defing OBAMACARE without us putting up a fight! Sorry but any chance i get to stick it to the federal Guberment i'm going to take. And threads and people like you aren't helping the situation in America. your advocating the continuation of the same lies and crimes

You're nuts and here's why. The only thing I'm advocating is in the OP period

[edit on 3-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I can see the OP argument.
I did not vote for Big O
but once in office I consent that he made it.
But I thought as the first Black Man to ever be elected he would do his best to
be the best president ever.
But we all can see which direction he has chose.
I bet by November this will be the most Racist called Voting by the media ever in my history of voting for over 30 years!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

See, I feel he had a paved road infront of him, and his purpose, as the first black pres, was to tank, to spur racial tension throughout the nation.

just a thought
op idea has little more credance

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I here laughter coming from Washington. At how naive to the point of ridicule the American people are. How stupid we have become. How
dumbed down we already are.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

See, I feel he had a paved road infront of him, and his purpose, as the first black pres, was to tank, to spur racial tension throughout the nation.

just a thought
op idea has little more credance

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Myendica]

I know
I voted for Cynthia McKinney
I was not going to be Racist or a Womanizer!
So if you voted for Obama you are not Racist but a Womanizer!
If you Voted for Cynthia McKinney you are not Racist or a Womanizer!
What is the problem that America has with putting a woman in the White House White or Black.
And if Cynthia McKinney was elected she would of had a Hispanic Woman for Vice President OMFG!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
OMFG did you read that
I am a Racist AZ resident that Voted for a
Hispanic Woman Vice President!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm with the OP. Casting a vote means I've bought into the system. Not voting means I'm rejecting it.

It doesn't mean I've lost my voice. It doesn't mean I'm offending those who fight and fought wars for my freedoms. It does not mean I'm un-American. It doesn't mean I'm contributing to Ignorance.

It means I know the system is broken and I will no longer be a part of it. It means I'm supporting my freedom of speech to express a different kind of message. It means my vote doesn't count not because it was on the losing side, or because it "accidentally" wasn't reported, but instead because I decided to change the game.

If those I "support" can screw with my country and send it off a cliff, then I rather stay at home and learn to fly when the polls open.

Not voting and mighty proud of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

believe me if anyone is nuts its you my friend.

what do you think will happen if people don't vote?

things aren't going to change if they don't vote. though i will agree with you on 1 point our vote doesn't count when it comes to electing POTUS.

Americans are starting to wake up but not enough of them have woken up yet so taking to the streets and "burning down" washington and the federal gov't is a lost cause right now!

your not happy with the way things are done i get that. But telling people not to vote because if they do they are agreeing with or condoning X Y and Z is utter BS and you know it!

the only way to force change is to do it from within the system. and you do that by sending none career politicians to DC. you also send people that want to put term limits on both houses of congress. and you do your damnest to keep them on a short leash and snap them back to reality when they venture to close to the posionous fruits in DC.

like i said in my earlier post if i would have taken your advice and not voted today i wouldn't have had the chance to tell the feds to # off on Obamacare. if Prop C passes in Missouri will we get sued by Obama and his croonies? more than likely. will prop c be over turned by a federal court? more than likely. will it be appealed to the SCOTUS most definately! will it be struck down by them possibly.

But its better to take the chance that SCOTUS will do the right thing and rule the missouri law is constitutional if its passed today than to not and try to force change from within the system!

you may think i'm nuts.... but may i suggest you take a good long hard look in the mirror at yourself before you cast stones saying someone else is a nut when infact it is you thats the nut.

what you're advocating in your OP is exactly the same BS that has gotten us in this mess to begin with! its because the majority of americans haven't voted that we are where we are now and you want to continue down that path

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

A star for you, Mercenary2007. I'm pretty sure you and vote very differently but I agree with you on this. I've always hated the term, "low information" voter but in this case maybe it could be applied to the non-voters and it's okay with me if they step out of the way and willingly self silence themselves. There are probably a billion people on this planet who would love to swap places with these people and enjoy the rights they are thumbing their noses at.

Again, I have to wonder if any of these non voters own a home, ever hope to own a home, have children in local schools or colleges,pay property taxes or pay attention to state and local sales taxes? Do they care about land and water rights, planning and zoning?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Do you heal a rotten apple from the inside ???

Or just cut the freakin thing off the tree.

I think Randy's point is the current system cannot be saved, like any government before it, the system itself places safeguards for it's own survival, .... and the only option is complete, and utter destruction.

How many countries do you really think have changed themselves for the better " from the inside out". The government has forgotten that it is to serve it's people, not pillage them, .... and it is up to the people to remind them of that.

The corporations run the two major parties, politicians think their on some damn shopping spree. If we are allow true fairness in politics, then each candidate must be given equal platform devoid of corporate or party interests.

Now we can either allow this system to completely rot, untill the starving people storm the bastille, or we can rise up before it is too late.

Unfortunately by the time we raid our own vault's, ... the treasure will be gone.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Great Post! I agree the worst thing you can do is give them anymore of your energy and time. DON'T VOTE!!! Stop looking for people to lead your life. Lead your own life. By voting your just propping up the very government that is failing and dying. Let it die a hard death.

Use your energy and time for something productive with your friends and family!

Namaste

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

what do you think will happen if people don't vote?

Here's what I hope would happen. A lot of G-D crooks and enemies of the constitution including the media and most likely people like you. Standing around with there thumb right up inside it. not knowing what the hell is coming down on em until it all is (maybe you didn't read this part) burnt to m-fn ground Pal.
I've given plenty of reason why voting is insanity.
So you are. but what am I?

Intrepid

The bottom line is that you have a voice in your gov't. BUT only on voting day.

Trep Come on partner, The whole thread is about this no longer being the case. Why are you not getting that?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I think Randy's point is the current system cannot be saved, like any government before it, the system itself places safeguards for it's own survival, .... and the only option is complete, and utter destruction

Bing bing bing rick-o-chet rabbit, if I could applaude your post. here wait a minute. This is for actually understanding and then being able to communicate it better than I have.

thank you STELLA!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join