It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Laughing Man's 2nd Video - The Game is On

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaxxon
reply to post by Copernicus

So he's a commercial that in general nobody takes seriously?

And what do I contribute? I educate myself on politics, I know who my local representatives are at the local and federal level and try to find out who other canidates are, I debate offline with people, I participate by casting ballots that are meaningful because I actually know who and what I'm voting for and I get lots of spam snail mail and email from my local and federal reps because I write them at least a few times a year on issues that I feel should be addressed.

I do what I think is right.

Even though it doesn't seem like a big deal and certainly isn't valid, I did get at least 10 write ins in the last Presidential election (I didn't even know about them doing this until after). I only knew one of those people.

So it seems I am making a difference albeit a small one.

Pfft.... hahahahahahahababbabab.. cough* schill cough*. How much they pay u ?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The-White-One

I'll be honest at first I got this thought but now I'm not so sure, I mean they do sound quite similar.

I'm pretty sure he's not a she, someone mentioned that his profile was set to female and he simply said "Just call me Netochka."

Meaning a nameless body/faceless army

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I didn't mean that it was a completely different source, just that the "team" may have had a couple of more or a couple less people involved this time around, though I honestly don't think they had access to their "model". 2nd vid the model seems much more static, as if someone had isolated certain portions of the original (before editing) video. Either way I don't think it's a female appearing in the videos either, looks to me like a male, slightly above average height, with a muscular/athletic build.
Regardless of all of this, these people are doing the right thing and we should all be passing these videos along. I know most of my friends and acquaintances find 4chan and videogame humour hilarious, so I've rabidly been passing these vids to 'em.
Let's all contribute somehow.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The-White-One

Ah yes I see what you mean now, I'm pretty sure I cracked who it is though, not that it matters but he works for a HUGE firm.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
reply to post by nonesoblind

That's strange, so who the hell has the other key lol?

PGP can be used with an email application to encrypt email. PGP generates a unique private and public key pair. (These keys are actually randomly generated strings of letters, numbers and symbols) The public key is meant, as it sounds, to be distributed publicly. The public key can then be used by anyone to encrypt a message (ENcrypt - not decrypt) to be sent to the person who holds the matching private key. Note that a message that's encrypted with a public key can ONLY be decrypted with the matching private key.

If I wanted people to communicate securely with me, for example, I would generate a key pair (public and private) and post the public key on a website. Other people could import the key into their PGP application and send encrypted email to me. This does two things 1-ensures me that no one else except me can read the encrypted message because I am the only person who has the private key and 2-that it wasn't modified in transit.

My assumption is that the public key was provided for secure communications to the laughing man.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by nonesoblind]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Okay but surely we can't communicate securely if we don't have the other key?

Or have I just misunderstood everything lol?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

Okay but surely we can't communicate securely if we don't have the other key?

Or have I just misunderstood everything lol?

Public Key Encryption gets a little confusing... but I see what you're saying. It would work in both directions. I'll use a scenario between you and I as an example.

If I generated a public and private key and you generated a public and private key, I could send an encrypted email to you using your public key (which you could decrypt with your private key) and you could send an encrypted email to me with MY public key (which I could only decrypt with my private key.)

That's how communications would work back and fourth. Gpg4win is the software you'd use to do this on a Windows machine.

Communications through hotmail or yahoo may be encrypted from your browser to their servers...but the data resides their and they ultimately own the data and could go through it anytime they wanted. Sending email as described above ensures that only the only person that can read messages sent to you, is you.

Hope that made sense - Sorry for putting everyone to sleep!

I'm probably making people fall asleep

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Not making me bored at all it's very interesting. I think I understand it now, thanks for taking the time to explain it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join