It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test The Rain Project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

this is were it all begins, people like you that have the courage to stand up to TPTB and say we will do this. BRAVO
joined as well!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Great work guy's. I will be watching the website to see updates and info.

Do you need samples from Montana? I highly doubt the toxins would make it this far, since majority of our weather comes from the nw coast, but i'd be glad to fill out the info and order a kit if you wanted a sample, not sure when we will get rain again, may be a while.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Wow! You actually get it!! Thank you for your reply. Not only do you understand the need for rigid protocol, you even mentioned the double blind study!

This is exactly what we are doing. Which brings me to another point. Each person that submits a sample or samples must take photographs of the collection procedure. We are picture cataloging everything and if pictures are not taken in the method asked for then the sample cannot be submitted.

Again you are correct when you say more than one lab needed to verify the results in order to eliminate error as well as bias. Sounds like you have experience!

Please take a look at the website. It is still in the development phase but will give you an overall picture of what we are doing. Would like to u2u if that is okay? Testtherain.com

Thanks again,

Pax

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I test the rain using my head. Put out my head in the rain, if within 4 hour I get headache, thats kinda toxic.

Results vary from mild (eye squinting) to "everyone! shut up!"

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Clouds, Pax, thank you two very much for all of your efforts to get this thing going.

The site looks very nice. I've joined/ordered a kit.

So, the sample i collected last week and refrigerated will be no good for this, correct?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Read this article.

www.cnn.com...

Apparently the govt is now saying some of the oil evaporated.

I wish these people would get their stories straight!

"Evaporated'??

Where does it say that?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Your sample will not fit the collection method protocol in order to make it part of the study....but dont throw it out, I know you had some crazy rain down in your area........Hold on to your sample......we still may test it anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Its always good to see you Just!!

I did read the story that was posted in the link........and it has now been edited. Very interesting!!! It cleary stated that some of the spill evaporated..........its a total different story now..........interesting.....

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

On evening news, Aug 4, CTV in Canada showed Thad Allen giving his report on sealing the well. Then he stood behind while a woman took the center. She definitly stated that evaporation was involved in removing oil. Along with skimming, burning, etc. I also saw it as a printed version taken from Yahoo news.
Google The Energy Report, 8/4/10. Evaporation is on the list as to why 75% of the oil has disappeared.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by SimplyGord]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Here you go Just, straight off the press........

"WASHINGTON • Three-quarters of the oil from the Deepwater Horizon leak has already evaporated, dispersed, been captured or otherwise eliminated, according to a government report released Wednesday."

www.stltoday.com...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

AWESOME work you guys! I am so happy you are doing this, and couldn't be more proud of ATS members for doing this. Kudos to all of you and S&F for Clouds because Clouds posted the thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Hold on to your sample......we still may test it anyway.

Will do, Clouds.

Here's a report out of TTU about the Senate Hearing in which the Texas Tech scientist spoke (testified?): today.ttu.edu...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by Wookiep

"Evaporated'??

Where does it say that?

Well it seems cnn has completely changed the wording in the article..However, I posted the exact quote in another thread. It read:

"On the cleanup front, 74 percent of the oil that leaked from the well since the drilling rig sank in April has been collected, has dispersed or has evaporated, according to a government report released Wednesday."

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Hey Wookiep.......nice job on saving that article..........As you can see I found another one with the WhiteHouse saying it again......

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I want to say thank you for those here in the ATS community. Many members have joined the effort. The project has really taken off since the launch of the website. A new feature is coming that will pinpoint the present collection sites and will be updated as more volunteers join the group.

I am in Louisiana this weekend gathering some rain samples.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A little info that I thought might be worth posting here.....NOAA presently does not have a method to test seafood for dispersants.....

Other agencies do not even know what level of dispersants would be considered safe or dangerous......

But the White House administration is saying they are testing and the seafood is safe.........(except for dispersants)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Here you go Just, straight off the press........

"WASHINGTON • Three-quarters of the oil from the Deepwater Horizon leak has already evaporated, dispersed, been captured or otherwise eliminated, according to a government report released Wednesday."

www.stltoday.com...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

Darn! I guess I forgot to redact that one!
Better call some of my MSM NWO contacts.

But no, really, how does crude evaporate?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I want to say thank you for those here in the ATS community. Many members have joined the effort. The project has really taken off since the launch of the website. A new feature is coming that will pinpoint the present collection sites and will be updated as more volunteers join the group.

I am in Louisiana this weekend gathering some rain samples.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

So, have you gotten any conclusive results yet?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

You should give the participants the option to opt out (or opt in) of having their location displayed to the public!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Major S&F! These scum and their government lap dogs want everybody convinced that all is well and it obviously is not! This is not the end of the problems in the Gulf, it's the beginning!

The dispersants used only made things much much worse but made it easier for these scumbags to hide the evidence beneath the surface. These dispersants by their very nature make it HARDER to really clean up the oil, and are ABSOLUTELY TOXIC AND INCOMPATIBLE with LIFE! They remove the ability for organic materials to stick together. LIKE THE CELLS IN HUMAN BODIES (and animals)!

These sickos and their government lap dogs must be held accountable!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join