It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone chargers secrets revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Tired of paying a premium for proprietary chargers? Apple secrets has been reverse-engineered. You need to know some tricks to make your charger recognized by your iPhone, that website teaches you how to do it with diagrams and a video.

www.ladyada.net...

I hope it will help ATSers save some money.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

I had a Motorola Razr on Verizon that acted similarly... Generic mini-USB charger not specifically made for the Razr = unauthorized charger, mini-USB cable plugged into computer = unauthorized charger (Until you installed drivers - but if you want to charge on a computer that isn't yours, that's a bother).
So I checked all the retail stores for car chargers and they were $20 - $30!! No way was I going to pay that much. Found them on e-bay for about $10 including shipping. Ever since then I have refused to buy ANY cell phone accessories at a retail store...

For those that are not technically inclined, a good source for cheap phone/iPod accessories is DealExtreme. It's become my favorite on-line store and they get in new products every 1 - 3 days. I've bought quite a bit of stuff there over the last year or so. They have all kinds of interesting gadgets - and sometimes just plain weird; how about a pink Rice Cooker Shaped Portable USB Rechargeable Speaker?
I especially like their high powered LED flashlights. Shipping can be a bit slow (2-4 weeks, but hey, shipping is free on everything!) as it is coming on the slow boat from China (Hong Kong), but I haven't had any problems with my orders so far.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by CommandoJoe]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

That is a great store. Even techies will probably prefer to buy one... Another good one is www.battdepot.com... it's self explanatory.

new topics

join