It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious questions to followers of Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This is so confusing! Random Bible verses and Koran verses will not help me understand better. I have to read the whole subject!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

My cousin who is Jewish tells me all the time that Adam's sin is not accountable in Judaism. Basically he means that Jews don't believe in original sin.

So what? Detach your emotions for a second... Can you ever think of any instance in the Bible when the Jews erred in their thinking or speech? The Word of God clearly stats otherwise. And I trust the Lord over any group of people.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Like I said random Bible verses are not working. You are contradicting with every reply.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

This is so confusing! Random Bible verses and Koran verses will not help me understand better. I have to read the whole subject!

Look, I will prophesy to you in the name of the Lord:

Go find a quiet place in your house. Get on your knees and pray this prayer:

"Father God, God of Abraham, Issac, and Joseph please hear my prayer. I am terribly confused. One group of people says Jesus Christ is the Messiah and in your Son, another group of people says you have no Son and Jesus was not the Messiah. I invoke the presence of your Holy Spirit to teach me in all truth. Please show me the truth and I will serve you the rest of my days. I admit I am confused and i know you are truth, please teach me the truth. I thank you for hearing and answering my faithful prayer."

And after that prayer, set aside any former notion you had before and allow God to teach you the truth. I speak for the Lord God when I say if you come to Him in a heartfelt manner and believe in all your heart that He'll answer your prayer that He will do just that. Let God be truth and every man a liar.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Like I said random Bible verses are not working. You are contradicting with every reply.

Not contradicting anywhere, i use the Word of god because it is truth, it is infallible. And I use OT scriptures because you've already said you don't trust the NT at this present time.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

One thing I keep thinking is there is something like a hidden metaphor is in the Bible and Quran but why is it necessary to hide it? There's no way to define the metaphor.
You should check out Jesus in the Quran. Really great read if you want to find about Jesus in Islam.
www.islam-101.org...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
RR they have answered all the questions for me. Yes Jesus is not the messiah according to Islam. What will happen is the coming antichrist will fit everyones awaited messiah including some Jews.

Christ will be rmoved from society like he already is in the media, all precursors to the one world order mindset.

RR you're 16 right?

" Why would God have to sacrifice himself to wash away sin? "

Because Gods mind is not ours. You see the typical man rebels when they don't understand. why does God do this, why that? I don't understand! so I'll rebel. To their own downfall.

Pain cancels out evil. It's a mystery but a reality. I do wrong I suffer for it to cancel it out, it's how big an offence sin is to God.

God took all our sufferings on his shoulders. I always use this example. I did wrong, but my brother stepped up and took the blame on his shoulders for love of me, (provided) I do no more wrong.

It's called true love.

again if you're 16, you're still pretty smart for that age.

peace OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

On the Islam and Jesus I read through numerous sites about Jesus in Islam.
In Shia Islam there's another figure waiting to revel himself when Jesus returns. While Sunni Islam believes Jesus will return on his own. Both believe he's the Messiah and Prophet because of the prophecies in the Bible. Even though they don't believe he was crucified; only he was risen up to Heaven. Both Christianity and Islam have similar End time scenarios. The Anti-Christ in Islam is even described in more detail.

Like I said earlier though there's a metaphor in the Bible and Quran I believe. Don't know why though. There's so much division in God's camp that everyone has their own views and no one agrees. That what makes me confused in understanding everything you guys are saying in this thread.

BTW I'm 21!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Jesus is the messiah in Islam.... the messiah comes to deliver the worl from evil. Jesus in Islamic thought does this also , he is the "Special" prophet and will return with Muhammad to abolish evil and declare Islam the true religion.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wanna thank everyone who took the time to answer my questions. Even though you guys shared a lot information as well myself. I finally got a chance to ask a Rabbi who explained to me in detail why Jesus is not the Messiah. He even gave a site with great information.
www.chabad.org...
From Chabad.org

Of course a Jew can believe in Jesus. Just like a vegetarian can enjoy a rump steak, a peace activist can join a violent demonstration, and a dictator who preaches martyrdom can surrender himself to his enemies. As long as logic and clear thinking are suspended, anything makes sense!

I think your response to that missionary was the best one - to ignore him. Missionising is not a new phenomenon. Certain Christian sects believe that their messiah will only return when the Jews accept him. Throughout history Jews have been threatened with death, torture and expulsion if they don't convert. More recently, missionaries targeted the weak of our community - the elderly, new immigrants, and the underprivileged - in an attempt to exploit their vulnerability. All these attempts have had little or no success. Whether religious or not, Jews are reluctant to give up their Jewishness.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You are correct original poster! I agree with you 101 % No one can kill the metal! ahhaha

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
An atheist asking these questions? It just proves that you need something to believe in too...

There's something called hermeneutics, it says you need a set of rules to interpret a text, if you're not up for the challenge you souldn't even quote other books.

For every right answer you get, you keep pulling these trump cards websites with doubtful frustrated jewish info...

Lots of people today might believe there are "hidden codes" on the manuscripts from bible, qunram, actually many forms of ancient texts, but it's not about that.

Islams believe in jesus even more than the jews do, but for them muhhamad is someone even higher...

fail to check out the link provided and answer the questions I asked...

We need to agree on a base for truth. If we don't we won't get anywhere. I might believe the qunram, but not literally, or just partially, and you only believe the bible, we won't go too far on it... If your intention is just to keep steering us into your links, just have fun at google.

Are you trying to say Jesus is God? How can their be two God's or three if you count the Holy spirit

Now back to your old testament, book one, chapter one, verse one: the original in hebrew for the word "god" is in plural.
And that is only the first verse, you're only starting to get confused...

How can God create man in his image then also make man from clay?

Maybe man's image was similar to god's image? same attributes? same looks? Is this a question you expect an answer without even seeing god?

So God had a body that turned to dust?

If you ever heard of incarnation, you should have a hint.

He also has a soul and spirit?

Not one verse in your old testament says that humans have these three: 1)body 2)soul 3)spirit

There's so much division in God's camp that everyone has their own views and no one agrees. That what makes me confused in understanding everything you guys are saying in this thread

It actually points back at you, op

Like I said random Bible verses are not working

Well your first post started with random bible verses

You should had done that before starting this thread

[edit on 6-8-2010 by HSDA83]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HSDA83

Rules of interpretation mainly means find an interpretation for the text as long as it doesn't contradict another or else it is wrong.

The 7 -13 rules of Bible interpretation are basically rules to manipulate meaning in text as the rule of Unity trumps all others.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

thanks for your interpretation of the rules

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
And there are 17 rules of interpretation.

Not 13.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Describe these rules in more detail!
second line

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Because simply put he made us IN his own image not FROM his own image. He would not have to make us with the same material that he consists of to be IN his image anymore than we would have to build a robot out of flesh and bone for it to be made IN our own image.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Mage
Describe these rules in more detail!
second line

Here is a great website that breaks the rules down very effectively.

HERE

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

2. Remember that the Bible cannot contradict itself. If the Bible appears to be contradicting itself, we have not yet arrived at the “Scripture Truth.”
From link...

Basically asserts that if anything contradicts anything said in Scripture to keep on mincing words and mangling what is said until it does.

This is not interpretation , it is only very blatant chicanery.

That being said I feel the message that Jesus taught was very compassionate and I consider him a great moral figure in most respects.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well let me ask you this. Who was God talking to when he Said the following
"Come, let US make man in OUR image.."
Angels? More Gods, Satan? That doesn't explain much to me at all.
One way to think of the Old Testament is as a refutation of foreign religions. Gods in the other religions of the time would include a trickster type of character who made people kind of in secret to the higher gods, or something. Genesis said, well we did not come about in such a way but out in the open and with the consent of every spirit being who had an interest in the coming about of a people made of dirt, or with a physical aspect to their being, a material thing with a soul.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join